Truncheon off hand weapon problem.

azthefuture

hello guys , 

So I finished the two brothers fights a the end of chapter 2 and the bigger guy did not drop the truncheon off hand weapon . I was reading that to for some people the weapon automatically appears in their inventory right after the fight , not my case. I'm well into chapter 3 and I still don't have it.is there somewhere else in the game  that you can get this weapon  ? is this weapon necessary for the collecting all off hands weapons trophy  ? am I screwed for this playthrough  ?

Hey unfortunately I heard from a lot of sources that this and couple other weapons may bug for some players, only attainable with a back up save data and redoing the fight till you get it.

If there are any other ways around Im not sure of right now still doing the plat myself but I would recommend doing a lot of back ups here and there before fights which contain drops.

wow , I supposed I have no choice. these things are such a platinum journey breakers. thank you so much for the reply guys, I read somewhere somebody skipped the entire fight with the weapon and still got that trophy at the end ,  I don't know how reliable that info is though . Also , sozialsturmi , do you happen to know what are the other weapons drops issues that I should be concerned about moving forward  ? thanks again 

Edited by azthefuture

On 23/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, soziaLSturmi said:

Hey unfortunately I heard from a lot of sources that this and couple other weapons may bug for some players, only attainable with a back up save data and redoing the fight till you get it.

If there are any other ways around Im not sure of right now still doing the plat myself but I would recommend doing a lot of back ups here and there before fights which contain drops.

Do you know what other weapons can glitch? 

I wasn't keeping track of what I was getting and so far (just started chapter 5), I got all boss weapon drops, and most of the weapons we find (missing an offhand from the morgue and a double barrel shotgun from the temple, I believe, not sure if I just didn't explored both places well enough, or if they may have glitched on me..). 

I'm mainly concerned because I'm aiming for the Halloween Vampyr Plat event, but will definitely not have enough time for a second full playthrough for collectibles even if I rush.. 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Do you know what other weapons can glitch? 

I wasn't keeping track of what I was getting and so far (just started chapter 5), I got all boss weapon drops, and most of the weapons we find (missing an offhand from the morgue and a double barrel shotgun from the temple, I believe, not sure if I just didn't explored both places well enough, or if they may have glitched on me..). 

I'm mainly concerned because I'm aiming for the Halloween Vampyr Plat event, but will definitely not have enough time for a second full playthrough for collectibles even if I rush.. 

Im not a pro in Vampir but I think mostly the boss drops are glitchy which means you SHOULD be ok if u got all of them.

I also wanted to participate in the event but accidentally got the plat :D

okay , so I started a new playthrough and got the used truncheon off hand weapon  mini boss drop this time , the good news for those who didn't get the weapon drop is that I actually got the off hand weapon's trophy before getting off hand weapon # 13 , which is supposed to the last one. for me weapon 13 was charlotte's stake. the trophy popped before getting this one , which means we only need 12 off hand weapons for the trophy and there is a chance that the problematic used truncheon weapon drop is optional but if you do get it you won't need the last one for the trophy. I hope this info helps ;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, soziaLSturmi said:

Im not a pro in Vampir but I think mostly the boss drops are glitchy which means you SHOULD be ok if u got all of them.

I also wanted to participate in the event but accidentally got the plat :D

Ok, that's reassuring! 

I also went back to the other 2 places and ya, I just didn't had explored those areas at all, because I completed the morgue target without exploring the basement, and went to the temple through the sewers... 

So, I should be on the right track. 

Now just hope that I will have enough time to finish everything before the end of the month... 

3 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, that's reassuring! 

I also went back to the other 2 places and ya, I just didn't had explored those areas at all, because I completed the morgue target without exploring the basement, and went to the temple through the sewers... 

So, I should be on the right track. 

Now just hope that I will have enough time to finish everything before the end of the month... 

You should be able too buddy you got this ! :)

• Like 1