Release date 30th October 2020

UlvenFenrir

I remember people saying pretty good things about this game, definitely caught my interest.  But it kinda seemed like the devs weren't making any progress on anything past the first "chapter" or two on Steam.  Glad to see it officially come out, hopefully that means the story is complete.

Edited by Dreakon13

Happy to make my first post after being a long time member here to say how much I am excited for Visage on PS4 in one week!! We've been waiting over four years for this (backed on KickStarter).

Played Chapter 1 on Steam and it was great. Can't wait to see the other three chapters. The full game, I can't believe it! You heard of Christmas miracles but this is a Halloween Miracle.

Slightly bummed that VR will be PC only but I can live. There are plenty of other good VR horror games out there.

• Like 2

I've had my eye on this for so long, along with Allison Road and doubted this would ever make it to the PS4, and then, all of a sudden, a trophy list!

Please for the love of god be terrifying. No shitty jump scares, I want the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end and my heart to pound. I want to feel nervous turning a corner and not knowing what's around it. Let's see if the game can be truly capable of doing that and if so it will have my money immediately.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

I've had my eye on this for so long, along with Allison Road and doubted this would ever make it to the PS4, and then, all of a sudden, a trophy list!

Please for the love of god be terrifying. No shitty jump scares, I want the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end and my heart to pound. I want to feel nervous turning a corner and not knowing what's around it. Let's see if the game can be truly capable of doing that and if so it will have my money immediately.

Judging by the steam reviews for the early access chapters it's seems to be a pretty good game, It's sitting at 87% for the last 30 days.

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. Can't wait until Friday, will probably play this before i even start Watch Dogs Legion.

Edited by Quink666

5 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Does anyone know what time today the release is?

They have sadly posted the following on their Facebook:

PS4 Release Date (NA/EU)
We wanted to give a heads-up concerning the PlayStation 4 release. Because of a variety of problems around administration, ratings, and such, the game will be available on the 31st of October in the North American region, and on the 1st of November in the Europe region.

PS4 Japan and Asia Region
Because of ratings issues, the game will release at a later point in the Japan and Asia regions. We expect the game to release by the end of November in these regions.
Our most sincere apologies to those affected by these changes!

I wanted to play this for Halloween ?
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Maahniac said:

PS4 Release Date (NA/EU)
We wanted to give a heads-up concerning the PlayStation 4 release. Because of a variety of problems around administration, ratings, and such, the game will be available on the 31st of October in the North American region, and on the 1st of November in the Europe region.

Because of ratings issues, the game will release at a later point in the Japan and Asia regions. We expect the game to release by the end of November in these regions.

I wanted to play this for Halloween 1f62d.png

Argh! I've been watching the psn store all day. Oh well,  1 more day lol.

6 hours ago, Maahniac said:

PS4 Release Date (NA/EU)

I wanted to play this for Halloween 1f62d.png

Been searching the game at thestore while i was in the work lol. It's bummer but it worth to wait 2 days :)

14 hours ago, launcestondevil said:

Me and one other person have platinumed this game, and to anyone that is thinking about getting it, do!! The horror and atmosphere is very well done, keep you on the edge.

I would disagree, I will say the atmosphere is not bad but it is very by the numbers and the horror is like layers of fears in terms of scare factor. the puzzles are just poorly made in the way of the game not giving any kind of hint of what to do. the game is also buggy as I have had it where key items are gone when they are meant to be in a place such as the crowbar or the key for the nut house level and the fact that all animations seem to be too long and your basically screaming at the tv saying hurry up.

And the major nail in this game imo. Is that this game is trying too hard to be like PT with the crappy old woman shaking her head all over the place having copys of the breathing of the woman from pt in the game and acting the same and some of the puzzles as well, it is just. Painful as it had good ideas but a very bad take on horror. I would say if you really want this game get it when it is half price not at full as this game is not worth it and I tried to really like it I mean I streamed the whole thing and yeah it was from what I can see a big let down and waste of time much rather play white day than replay it but sadly I have to, to plat it. 

Edited by KANERKB

14 hours ago, launcestondevil said:

Me and one other person have platinumed this game, and to anyone that is thinking about getting it, do!! The horror and atmosphere is very well done, keep you on the edge.

Awesome. How would you rate the Platinum difficulty, and time to get it? 

2 hours ago, KANERKB said:

I would disagree, I will say the atmosphere is not bad but it is very by the numbers and the horror is like layers of fears in terms of scare factor. the puzzles are just poorly made in the way of the game not giving any kind of hint of what to do. the game is also buggy as I have had it where key items are gone when they are meant to be in a place such as the crowbar or the key for the nut house level and the fact that all animations seem to be too long and your basically screaming at the tv saying hurry up.

And the major nail in this game imo. Is that this game is trying too hard to be like PT with the crappy old woman shaking her head all over the place having copys of the breathing of the woman from pt in the game and acting the same and some of the puzzles as well, it is just. Painful as it had good ideas but a very bad take on horror. I would say if you really want this game get it when it is half price not at full as this game is not worth it and I tried to really like it I mean I streamed the whole thing and yeah it was from what I can see a big let down and waste of time much rather play white day than replay it but sadly I have to, to plat it. 

I have to admit, yes the slow animation part is frustrating at times where you have time to make a cup of coffee and your character will still be trying to break through a wall. I can't compare it to Layers of Fear as the scares are triggered on that game giving it a one playthrough knowing what will happen, where in this the ghost attacks are random, unless your sanity is sky high knowing you're dead.

It does in fact say in the description of the game on store that this game is highly influenced by P.T and yes you can see that in every way. I'd personally say £28 is a good price for it as that is already half the price of a game, Layers of Fear 2 was also £25 on release and I found that less entertaining to this. Just personal preference.

Good luck on the platinum!! 

1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

Awesome. How would you rate the Platinum difficulty, and time to get it? 

Platinum isn't hard, just make sure to make save files for each chapters as you can miss a few trophies. I'd give it 3/10 for difficulty of trophies. And you're looking about 10-15 hours to achieve.

Edited by launcestondevil
Grammar

2 minutes ago, launcestondevil said:

I have to admit, yes the slow animation of part is frustrating at times where you time to make a cup of coffee and your character will still be trying to break through a wall. I can't compare it to Layers of Fear as the scares are triggered on that game giving it a one playthrough knowing what will happen, where in this the ghost attacks are random, unless your sanity is sky high knowing you're dead.

It does in fact say in the description of the game on store that this game is highly influenced by P.T and yes you can see that in every way. I'd personally say £28 is a good price for it as that is already half the price of a game, Layers of Fear 2 was also £25 on release and I found that less entertaining to this. Just personal preference.

Good luck on the platinum!! 

I know but I meant in the way of the scares as layers of fear in terms of scares is basically the same. sure you trigger them but it is basically the same and it does say it was influenced by PT but there is a difference between influenced and being a rip off. they flat out ripped out sound bites from the game, as in the sound of the old woman's breathing when she pops up randomly along with the same scares and it was not scary at all.

£28 in my book is not worth the price for this game, £15 sure. but full £28 is just a rip off and you may think am skin flint on it but I got white day at £15 and it was on sale the real price was 25 and I will tell you now I would glady pay the full 25 as it is to me worth it. and don't get me started on visage's endings as even you should have to admit that the game's endings felt rushed and felt meanless there is no real worth while plot. am not saying my thought is law but I can't see what you see in terms of liking it a lot I see a lot of the flaws and the scares didn't scare me only 2 got me but never made me jump out of my seat. 

20 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

I know but I meant in the way of the scares as layers of fear in terms of scares is basically the same. sure you trigger them but it is basically the same and it does say it was influenced by PT but there is a difference between influenced and being a rip off. they flat out ripped out sound bites from the game, as in the sound of the old woman's breathing when she pops up randomly along with the same scares and it was not scary at all.

£28 in my book is not worth the price for this game, £15 sure. but full £28 is just a rip off and you may think am skin flint on it but I got white day at £15 and it was on sale the real price was 25 and I will tell you now I would glady pay the full 25 as it is to me worth it. and don't get me started on visage's endings as even you should have to admit that the game's endings felt rushed and felt meanless there is no real worth while plot. am not saying my thought is law but I can't see what you see in terms of liking it a lot I see a lot of the flaws and the scares didn't scare me only 2 got me but never made me jump out of my seat. 

Yeah I suppose it basically has the same factors as Layers of Fear. I've seen a lot of rip off copies of P.T and ok I do agree, you can consider this a rip off more than influenced, but this is one of the good ones. I think P.T being cancelled and fans being so pissed, they wanted to perhaps give those fans something they wanted.

Yes the ending was poor, I agree there are flaws but I personally did enjoy it. I haven't checked White Day out, I'll give it a go.

27 minutes ago, launcestondevil said:

Yeah I suppose it basically has the same factors as Layers of Fear. I've seen a lot of rip off copies of P.T and ok I do agree, you can consider this a rip off more than influenced, but this is one of the good ones. I think P.T being cancelled and fans being so pissed, they wanted to perhaps give those fans something they wanted.

Yes the ending was poor, I agree there are flaws but I personally did enjoy it. I haven't checked White Day out, I'll give it a go.

Am not if this would be a good rip off but if you enjoyed it good on ya but yeah from what I can see this game is not worth it at full price and the fact that this is kickstarted game and that it has problems still is a joke and that it does have lazily made sound effects as most is just flips from sound cloud and or ripped from PT itself and yeah I don't like to hate games or crap on them just I played a lot of horror games and this to me felt by the numbers and it is and just because it has the small sticker of influence from PT on it or it has this or that. I like to treat all of them fair and even handed.

Even the most crappest game can have good ideas. this one only had good atmosphere and some okish ideas for some horror but most is just pointless due to how poorly it was done and yeah