Almost $200 for one single PS5 game.

mvpeast

Dunno, I gave up buying new games long ago, PS4 prices wasn't that affordable. Anyway for my needs this is not a big problem, buying new games only on disks and if it is something worth to my collection. Otherwise can freely wait month or more. Honestly see prices rise as a natural flow, since they really get progress in development and logically shouldn't cost at least less than current games.

• Like 1

I buy most games on sales anyway. I think out of all my PS4 games I only paid full price for 2, and deluxe price for another 2, everything else was free on psplus, on sale or just reduced due to the age of the game. If I ever get a PS5 it will be years after it released when they drop the pro version, and by that time I will have dozens of psplus games to play and many games will be much cheaper. I doubt that there will be many upcoming games I actually consider buying at full price, especially since the prices not only went up but the ever increasing monetization turn the purchase price of the games into an entry fee anyway.

• Like 1

Well, that settles it. If I'm buying a game, I won't be getting it at launch, no matter how amazing it might be. I feel like they cross a moral threshold with standard edition prices of €80 and up.

Looks like I'll be doing nothing but bargain shopping in the next generation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

Well, that settles it. If I'm buying a game, I won't be getting it at launch, no matter how amazing it might be. I feel like they cross a moral threshold with standard edition prices of €80 and up.

Looks like I'll be doing nothing but bargain shopping in the next generation.

200 bucks for 1 freaking game? no way i’m paying that much for one single game no matter what.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 7:46 PM, mvpeast said:

200 bucks for 1 freaking game? no way i’m paying that much for one single game no matter what.

I bought a PS5 just for Demon's Souls. 

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

If you think that's expensive you should check the price of PS5 on other countries. In my country the price of the upcoming console is almost $1000. No way I'm paying that, I wasn't going to anyway since later models are more likely to have better performance and less issues.

About the topic, that's the reason I rarely buy games full price or right when they are released. Last time I did that was with Spelunky 2 which at $19.99 is a steal. 

If things were like they used to be on PS2: including all content in the disc since launch, or by adding future content in updates or free DLC, I wouldn't mind buying more games at full price at launch.

Edited by Deceptrox

9 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

If using the preorder prices of Godfall as a template PS5 games in Swedish store will cost, in US$

Standard Edition: $97

Deluxe Edition: $120

Ultimate Edition: $132

No Thanks!

Games are getting more and more expensive. It’s ridiculous. Greed is everything.

• Like 2