Almost $200 for one single PS5 game.

mvpeast

47 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i'll happily support devs and buy dlc. but game pricing is way different, the moment leadership shifted from shuhei to jim ryan we have rampant capitalist sony.

in the uk games are 70 GBP thats 92 USD orso, it should be 54.99, adjusting for currency exchange. and now their games are getting "gief moneys" edition like the 96 gbp digital deluxe of demon's souls it's just pathetic. the games aren't good enough to justify basically a week's rent for most people.

I wouldn't care if that 70 gbp included a season pass but it doesn't. games are cheaper to make now then they were years ago. the only difference between now and then, is that publisher greed has murdered the good will they had and their talent left. so we now have to pay more, to adjust for their incompetance and greed.

I presume sony wanted to get more aggressive, to buy more studios ms bought bethesda and sony got butthurt. game pricing + ToS new changes to firmware and webstore everything is designed, so that sony will financially benefit from it all substantially more over the long term.

Games are very expensive in countries like UK, Japan and others. They don't pay the same price like the U.S. do so gamer from those countries suffer even more. It's not just about the $10 increase.

• Like 1

First that's not the American edition.. That one costs 119.99.

Second that's called an Ulitmate Edition for a reason aka Season Pass and an 4 extra dlc that's only included in the Gold edition and Ulitmate.

So base game is around 60-70 bucks plus season pass that's around 20 or 30...plus four extra dlc only in this edition. That's about 120 if you want to play for this Day One.

Seems reasonable.

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Wanting what someone sells, but not liking their price is fine. You just don't get to have what you want. They have no right to your money, you have no right to their product. Stop applying emotions to the transaction and this becomes a whole lot less controversial.

While what you say is true, people believe if they manipulate other people and attack companies through social media effectively enough, they can stop hypothetical problems before they happen.  If you stop a $10 price increase today, you're preventing a $40 price increase tomorrow.  If you stop a New Game+ DLC today, you're preventing lootboxes and more predatory microtransactions tomorrow.  If you give one company an inch today, another may take a mile tomorrow.

And simply "not buying it" isn't an option, because the controversy isn't whether or not we personally buy the game or the DLC here on PSN Profiles or on Twitter, it's whether or not the game and DLC exists for the hundreds of thousands of people who don't see what we say and who we can't control.  Which means you have to push that much harder to transcend social media.  Kill the company, kill the game, kill the DLC... and those people never have the chance to buy it do something we disagree with.  And if the studio goes under from bad PR over something relatively minor... tough nuggies, collateral damage for the cause, they were probably anti-consumer scum anyways.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

And simply "not buying it" isn't an option, because the controversy isn't whether or not we personally buy the game or the DLC here on PSN Profiles or on Twitter, it's whether or not the game and DLC exists for the hundreds of thousands of people who don't see what we say and who we can't control.  Which means you have to push that much harder to transcend social media.  Kill the company, kill the game, kill the DLC... and those people never have the chance to buy it do something we disagree with.  And if the studio goes under from bad PR over something relatively minor... tough nuggies, collateral damage for the cause, they were probably anti-consumer scum anyways.

It's the new world. I'm pretty sure there are professional Twitter complainers. If there was any justice, Jason Schreier would be relegated to that level.

• Like 1

Im a big...(i guess not massive) fan of Assassin's Creed. Ive bought literally every single one for £12 or less. Except Odyssey. But when that drops below £12 i will add it to the backlog. 

I refuse to buy any stupid Gold, Silver, Deluxe, Platinum, Monkey Crap edition because... i hate greeeeeeed.

I have a price marker for these games and will not budge.  And much like Edward Kenway i want to harpoon the whales....who buy the inflated bull**** edition and push price points up for the rest of us. 

Edited by punkshepherd
  • Like 2

Let’s never mind that prices of other forms of entertainment continually increases year over year.  Have you seen the cost of a movie ticket over the last 15 years?  But gamers expect PS5 to stay at $59.99 which was the price of a PS3 game in 2006!  Sure $59.99 back then is the equivalent of $77 in today’s dollars but let’s conveniently ignore that.

Prices rise to cover the expense of providing the good/service (salaries increase to cover the cost of living expenses, a simple phenomenon known as inflation).  Hey, food prices also are rising. Let’s boycott that too!  No more eating.  Woooo, because it is all greed, yes, evil corporations!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Prices rise to cover the expense of providing the good/service (salaries increase to cover the cost of living expenses, a simple phenomenon known as inflation).  Hey, food prices also are rising. Let’s boycott that too!  No more eating.  Woooo, because it is all greed, yes, evil corporations!

In fairness, companies aren't our friends and shouldn't be inherently trusted.  If people disapprove of price hikes or predatory DLC, they totally have the right to bemoan, boycott, etc to their hearts content.

But EVERYTHING isn't bad.  The same way it isn't right for companies to screw us over at every turn, it isn't fair to obliterate them for every little thing they do to make money.  It's why they exist.  There needs to be some harmony, some give and take between the two.  Even if the "give" for consumers is simply not going overboard manipulating other consumers.  State your thoughts on issues, and move on.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 5:49 PM, Faaip de Oiad said:

In German we call this a "Milchmädchenrechnung". Inflation is one thing, but sales via digital distribution are way more profitable than via retail. Not to mention the higher install base of consoles and gaming PC. It's greed, basically. Open your eyes.

All of the executives and their CEOs are doing everything in their power to kill off physical media forever. No more buying games used at a big discount, no more reselling games on eBay, no more passing the games along to your friends, none of that.

As much as I have digital, I know full well I'm buying into a glorified rental service. PS Now is basically more blatant but is ultimately the same thing. Sony can terminate your account at any time, which means you can no longer access your digital library. It's no different from Netflix ending someone's account, so everything they had on their profile is gone.

I cannot excuse Sony for what they did to the PS Store, but they want us to invest several hundred dollars into their digital only PS5 console. If the interface for their store on the new console is just as bad then I'm simply not going to bother wasting my time.

I want the option of physical AND digital, not just digital.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

All of the executives and their CEOs are doing everything in their power to kill off physical media forever. No more buying games used at a big discount, no more reselling games on eBay, no more passing the games along to your friends, none of that.

As much as I have digital, I know full well I'm buying into a glorified rental service. PS Now is basically more blatant but is ultimately the same thing. Sony can terminate your account at any time, which means you can no longer access your digital library. It's no different from Netflix ending someone's account, so everything they had on their profile is gone.

I cannot excuse Sony for what they did to the PS Store, but they want us to invest several hundred dollars into their digital only PS5 console. If the interface for their store on the new console is just as bad then I'm simply not going to bother wasting my time.

I want the option of physical AND digital, not just digital.

I mean Sony is already deleting some PS3 and PS Vita games in their game stores.. because they will discontinue the web browser store for those machines in few more days. That's why I'm rushing to finish as many Vita games as possible because no one knows when these digital games will be removed without notice.

29 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I mean Sony is already deleting some PS3 and PS Vita games in their game stores.. because they will discontinue the web browser store for those machines in few more days. That's why I'm rushing to finish as many Vita games as possible because no one knows when these digital games will be removed without notice.

I just know they took them off the web/mobile stores. Ranted a lot about that, but I have come to grips with it. If they're truly deleting those games on purpose, meaning there's no possible way to buy and download them, I will be pissed off beyond belief.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The last time I've bought a game was Last of Us Part II. I don't buy games I just play whatever PS Plus games get released every month. The last Assasin's Creed I've played was Black Flag IV. That was like 4 years ago. I mean it's not a bad franchise but like I said I don't buy games. Just PS Plus.

• Like 2

It's even worse in Europe/PAL region. All games prices got raised to 80EUR for PS5.

Plus fuck Ubisoft. I am fucking done with their shitty games. It's stupid 30h+ empty boring open worlds with fetch quests, single-player microtransactions and boring story. I would rather play 5-6h game that is unique and interesting, than capture another outpost in Ubisoft game.

Edited by Shizo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shizo said:

It's even worse in Europe/PAL region. All games prices got raised to 80EUR for PS5.

Plus fuck Ubisoft. I am fucking done with their shitty games. It's stupid 30h+ empty boring open worlds with fetch quests, single-player microtransactions and boring story. I would rather play 5-6h game that is unique and interesting, than capture another outpost in Ubisoft game.

Yeah games are extremely expensive now..