Almost $200 for one single PS5 game.

mvpeast

Pretty much all digital PS5 games costs 850 SEK which is about 97 USD, and that's only for the standard edition of the games. Digital game prices in Sweden is ridiculous while physical is more reasonable because of the competition between stores. But since i live in a rural area i almost never get the game on release since the mail is often late by a day or two, because of that i tend to buy more and more games digitally but the new digital prices will force me to wait until atleast one price drop.

Edited by Quink666

I'll continue to buy my games day one as long as they're good. 100$ for something that I can probably get 50+ hours of content from is well worth it imo. I'm surprised it took so long before the prices went up considering how expensive it is to make games nowadays. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

Well, as long as people are spending that much on a single game, things will only get worse. That's why I keep calling people "brainless sheep". "Brainless" because they obviously don't even consider buying games used. "Sheep" because they do what they've been told: Pre-order unfinished products for a premium.

I recently got myself "the Outer Worlds" used for 21 bucks. Let's see what it is digital:

Spoiler

screencapture-microso1xk3h.png

Right. -_-

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Games are getting more and more expensive. It’s ridiculous. Greed is everything.

Greed?  Perhaps trying to recover expenses?  Games are bigger and more expensive than ever to make. Salaries continuously go up you know and there are a lot of people working to make those games happen.

Good news though.  If you don’t like the price, you have options.  Don’t buy, find a better job/career so you can afford, or buy when the price becomes a good value (I.e, wait for discounts or sales).

Factoring in inflation, PS5 game prices are Relatively cheaper than PS3 game prices.  $60 in 2006 is equivalent to $77.46 today.  

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 4

Just now, matigrosso91 said:

I honestly don't understand why it's surprising that a Collector Edition is expensive. And the PS Store has the standard version of Valhalla at US$ 60. 

And for the record, i'm not happy with the rising prices, but as a developer, making games is more expensive every day.

Yes, collector’s edition prices are always extreme but some people want all the toys and such.  To each their own....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

It's $10 more than what is was for this gen in Canada. In Canada, you don't pay taxes on games if you buy them digitally from the PS store. You also don't need this ultimate edition junk that just gives you a bunch of cosmetics you'll probably stop using after a while and a bonus mission that's probably an hour long.

Shhh, you gotta omit important details to get people riled up now don't you know this? 

• Like 3

Ha. Imagine living in a country where the standard versions of these games cost more than that. Imagine... goes to cry in a corner

But seriously, games on launch here cost 250-300R$ (not Robux or whatever, it's reais). The standard versions. Not wanting to sound like "oh, you guys aren't allowed to complain because someone else out there has it worse," but it's kinda funny to think about it anyway, LOL.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Faaip de Oiad said:

In German we call this a "Milchmädchenrechnung". Inflation is one thing, but sales via digital distribution are way more profitable than via retail. Not to mention the higher install base of consoles and gaming PC. It's greed, basically. Open your eyes.

I’d call it fair market pricing.  If games aren’t worth it, consumers would respond, sales would go down making it not profitable to raise prices.  But again base game prices are less than what they were in the PS3 era when you factor in inflation which is a very real factor.

If the video game industry was making money hand over fist, many others would enter the market and try and become the next Ubisoft, EA, etc.  It is not as lucrative as you might think.  Competition is already fierce.

For full disclosure, I VERY rarely buy games at launch prices.

• Like 1

I usually buy games on sale or wait till I get one from Gamefly. I don't support these greedy corporate business that can't justify their price increase when they include microtransactions, season passes, and so on.

I'm also not rushing to get PS 5 , since there are still plenty of games to play on my current one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I usually buy games on sale or wait till I get one from Gamefly. I don't support these greedy corporate business that can't justify their price increase when they include microtransactions, season passes, and so on.

I'm also not rushing to get PS 5 , since there are still plenty of games to play on my current one.

It’s greed and we all know that. 

Only idiots think paying $200 for one single game is normal.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, djb5f said:

But again base game prices are less than what they were in the PS3 era when you factor in inflation which is a very real factor.

Heard that games are still cheaper then they were in Nintendo 8bit era if you account for inflation. 

I just can't wait for Ratalaika games to be 20 bucks and watch people buy the same game 4 times =>