Almost $200 for one single PS5 game.

mvpeast

1 hour ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Ha. Imagine living in a country where the standard versions of these games cost more than that. Imagine... goes to cry in a corner

But seriously, games on launch here cost 250-300R$ (not Robux or whatever, it's reais). The standard versions. Not wanting to sound like "oh, but you guys aren't allowed to complain because someone else out there has it worse", but it's kinda funny to think about it anyway, lol.

Sony literally let the dog shit in the middle of the room.

I am dead broke right now, I can't so much as afford a new PS5 game let alone afford the new console. But after what Sony has forced upon us, I will no longer pay full price for their products. They can get stuffed.

If anything, this will make me go back to Steam full time. It has an excellent interface, everything is laid out nice and neat, and many digital games I have bought from them over the years have been offered at fair prices.

Sony on the other hand, couldn't care less.

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Sony literally let the dog shit in the middle of the room.

I am dead broke right now, I can't so much as afford a new PS5 game let alone afford the new console. But after what Sony has forced upon us, I will no longer pay full price for their products. They can get stuffed.

If anything, this will make me go back to Steam full time. It has an excellent interface, everything is laid out nice and neat, and many digital games I have bought from them over the years have been offered at fair prices.

Sony on the other hand, couldn't care less.

Everybody’s struggling financially due to the pandemic.. Now it’s not really the best time to increase game prices. But like I said, $$$ is the top priority here.

I don't know about the example given from the OP, but next gen pricing in general is just ridiculous. I can only speak about the UK, but PS4 games typically sell for £50 at launch, maybe £55 *tops* which is already pushing it as far as I'm concerned. Now they expect us to pay £70 for PS5 games!? Yeah, get stuffed... No way in hell I'm paying that much for a game which probably still has microtransactions, a season pass, etc. I'll just stick with my backlog until these games drop to a reasonable price, thanks.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I don't know about the example given from the OP, but next gen pricing in general is just ridiculous. I can only speak about the UK, but PS4 games typically sell for £50 at launch, maybe £55 *tops* which is already pushing it as far as I'm concerned. Now they expect us to pay £70 for PS5 games!? Yeah, get stuffed... No way in hell I'm paying that much for a game which probably still has microtransactions, a season pass, etc. I'll just stick with my backlog until these games drop to a reasonable price, thanks.

Game companies chose the worst timing to increase the prices. If they do it when everybody’s having stable income, I don’t blame them. But now we are in the middle of a pandemic. Most people I know lost their jobs for months and economy is not going to recover anytime soon.

I just feel this “coldness” from big companies. Money > everything else. Who cares if gamers have to pay more.

People say “don’t buy then”. Of coz.. it’s just common sense.

11 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Everybody’s struggling financially due to the pandemic.. Now it’s not really the best time to increase game prices. But like I said, $$$ is the top priority here.

10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

5 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Game companies chose the worst timing to increase the prices. If they do it when everybody’s having stable income, I don’t blame them. But now we are in the middle of a pandemic. Most people I know lost their jobs for months and economy is not going to recover anytime soon.

The pandemic actually came to fruition late last year, then come February - March we simply waited far too long while innocent people were suffering. I have spent the past seven months barely scrapping by, I was let go from my job due to the pandemic, so I'm having to live on Campbells Soup and other cheap food products like Top Ramen.

They not only chose the worst time to increase prices, they also chose the worst time to literally force players to jump ship to the new console. Most of my friends who casually play games cannot afford the PS5 because they're in the same situation I'm in.

What needs to change is the leadership. Both The United States of America and other 1st world countries, and the leadership at Sony/Microsoft.

The only people who are benefiting are the rich people.

Some time within the last 10 years, I got myself on a cycle where I'm about 1-2 years behind on video games (for the most part. I'll still buy a new game every now and then). I pick games up for $15-$25. It's nice. Games that were released last year, I'll be picking up sometime within the next several months, and the games being released this Fall, i'll probably be playing NEXT (2021) Christmas. I never have the feeling of having to "wait" for a game's release and I save a ton of money.

I spend $20 on a game that someone paid $60 for.... and I get the exact same experience, if not better (due to patches). I will probably get a PS5 about 2-3 years after it comes out. There are still so many more PS4 games I want to play.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The pandemic actually came to fruition late last year, then come February - March we simply waited far too long while innocent people were suffering. I have spent the past seven months barely scrapping by, I was let go from my job due to the pandemic, so I'm having to live on Campbells Soup and other cheap food products like Top Ramen.

They not only chose the worst time to increase prices, they also chose the worst time to literally force players to jump ship to the new console. Most of my friends who casually play games cannot afford the PS5 because they're in the same situation I'm in.

What needs to change is the leadership. Both The United States of America and other 1st world countries, and the leadership at Sony/Microsoft.

The only people who are benefiting are the rich people.

I am sorry that you have to go through this.. 

13 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Shhhh, you are ruining a good whine fest.  Everybody wants something for free and to have it immediately! 

If you can’t afford or don’t think the product is a good value (and I understand both situations), simply wait for the price to come down.  Prices always drop and rather quickly.  

Novel concept but a lot of gamers aren’t patient or think they are entitled to whatever game they want at launch without considering a lot of people are earning a wage making that game and consequently the sales of that game.  

I really like the way you talk. You should be more considerate about other people but I know you don’t care anybody else other than yourself. I’ve seen many ignorant people like that.

Anyway, you can say whatever you want and it doesn’t change anything. A lot of people lose their jobs during this pandemic and life is not easy. That’s all I have to say.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 3

NEVER buy Ubi ultimate editions and also DO NOT BUY their games on release day.  You can get the gold (everything) on boxing day for the price of the standard or less. 

This is what they've been doing (AC Origins):

Standard = $80

Deluxe = $100

Gold (includes deluxe) = $120

Now they are charging:

Standard = $80

Gold = $135 (extra $15 for less content) 

Ultimate (deluxe + gold) = $160 

All of these on Canucks price for digital editions.  If you go physical, get ready to pay an extra $15, $20, a kidney for each respectively because taxes. 

The prices were even lower back in AC Unity and Syndicate time, you could get the gold for $100 or so. 

1 minute ago, Fr_0zt said:

NEVER buy Ubi ultimate editions and also DO NOT BUY their games on release day.  You can get the gold (everything) on boxing day for the price of the standard or less. 

This is what they've been doing (AC Origins):

Standard = $80

Deluxe = $100

Gold (includes deluxe) = $120

Now they are charging:

Standard = $80

Gold = $135 (extra $15 for less content) 

Ultimate (deluxe + gold) = $160 

All of these on Canucks price for digital editions.  If you go physical, get ready to pay an extra $15, $20, a kidney for each respectively because taxes. 

The prices were even lower back in AC Unity and Syndicate time, you could get the gold for $100 or so. 

I’m definitely not gonna pay full prices for those games for sure.

17 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I really like the way you talk. You should be more considerate about other people but I know you don’t care anybody else other than yourself. I’ve seen many ignorant people like that.

Anyway, you can say whatever you want and it doesn’t change anything. A lot of people lose their jobs during this pandemic and life is not easy. That’s all I have to say.

I stated I understand both situations (not being able to afford and not finding the price point to be a good value) and totally do.

My company is doing layoffs in November (COVID-related) and it is a possibility I get hit.  But if I do, I don’t expect to be given a PS5 for say $200 because of hard times.

There are two sides to every equation and you are looking at it only from the consumer side.  Imagine you were a software developer crunching in long hours at Ubisoft to make a paycheck.  You’d have a different perspective.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

dude, he was only spitting straight facts. The game is nowhere near the price you stated, normally at least. Collector's edition, sure. Deluxe edition, closer but still off by a bunch and the normal edition, I guess for you is $90, which is $110 less than you say it is

That guy thinks he’s better than other people or something. That’s not the only thing he said.

He said “get a better job or whatever if you can’t afford the games”. It’s extremely rude to say that especially during a pandemic. I am not gonna tolerate that shit here.

The ultimate edition is close to $160. But that’s not the point here. I think games are getting more expensive at the wrong time. That’s just my opinion.

Edited by mvpeast

17 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

he in no way said he was better than anyone. He was right, buy it later on when it's cheap. The get a better job thing was if you just have to get it day one, if you hold a game in such high priority, than you better be able to pay for it ex: get a better job

$40 less than you stated...for the ultimate edition...which isn't even worth it..so yeah, for me, games have increased by $10 so they are now $70 which does suck, yes, but that's the economy, it was bound to happen

Look man. I don’t like rude people and I don’t have time to deal with them. I’m not talking about you. That person has no right to teach me how to live my life. I already ordered my ps5 but that’s none of his business and I already blocked him.

The purpose of this post is just to let people know that game prices are increasing. If the ultimate digital edition costs $160, physical collector’s edition will definitely cost more than $200.

I’m not trying to cause any problems here. Have a good night.

Edited by mvpeast

7 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Look man. I don’t like rude people and I don’t have time to deal with them. I’m not talking about you. That person has no right to teach me how to live my life.

How exactly did he teach you how to live your life? Just wondering cause i don't see it, see nothing offensive with his post either.

He tried to make a joke and then stated his opinion on the increased prices.

Just now, InfinityOnH1gh said:

What do you get for the extra cash?

A  lighter wallet.

• Like 3

Just now, Quink666 said:

How exactly did he teach you how to live your life? Just wondering cause i don't see it, see nothing offensive with his post either.

He tried to make a joke and then stated his opinion on the increased prices.

A  lighter wallet.

Look. I don’t like the way he talks. He’s giving me an attitude. Anyway, let’s move on with this. Take care.

4 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

I'll support the standards I want to see- complete, made with care and without microtransactions? I'll pay full price new. Ripped apart, cynical and loaded with extra costs? Fuck off, bargain bin for you.

I agree with this statement, as I usually wait a year for the "complete/ultimate/goty/gold" edition anyway. I will even import if the US gets the "vanilla with code edition" while other countries get full on disc editions. Notable examples are Bloodbourne, Shadow of War and Nioh.

Now if they released these kind of editions right away I would buy them day 1. But as we know we get nickel-and-dimed even on single player only games. I would support good practices and quality and have no issues with a necessary increase.

Edited by Void

5 hours ago, iNtErWhOoPeR said:

I'm not too worried bout the prices. Sure it's an increase but it really depends on how badly you want to play the game. In Canada where I am it's only a $10 increase which doesn't really surprise me just because everything seems to be going up in price too. I typically don't buy games at launch unless it's a must have game. I expect a good chunk of the exclusive games will eventually become free ps+ plus. I'll grab AC Valhalla too at some point but not at launch. AC games tend to go on sale pretty quickly after release too. Picked up Odyssey like 3 months after launch for $30.  

i noticed in Canada we cant get anything except Base AC Valhalla,. if we want gold edition etc it has to be Ubisoft online.

best buy, eb, toysrus (lol), etc.