Kill Your Completion 14

8 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Game #1 Preview- Doom

L791aa7.png

The kids these days probably have no idea what the gaming disparity used to be between consoles and PCs. While I enjoyed playing Sonic and NHL on my Sega 16, I was blown away with the graphics and gameplay of the original Doom on the PC. I would go to a friend’s house to play and it was probably the first big first-person shooter to have a mass audience. I also remember an early Wolfenstein.  But if your PC had some decent speakers and you played with the lights out, it was poop-in-your-pants scary. And that was a new kind of gaming experience for all of us, compared to Super Mario from just a few years prior. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Game #1 Preview- Doom

L791aa7.png

Starting things off with Doom tomorrow. Probably not something I ever would have bought, because I just wasn't that interested. But Space wanted to get rid of some games before he moved, offering to send them to whoever wanted 'em, so I said I'd take it. 

I've probably played a Doom, at some point in my life (and seen the movie). Though haven't in awhile. All I really know is it's an FPS, and you fight demons in hell. And it's from the same company as the newer Wolfenstein games, of which the ones I've played were phenomenal. So, maybe I'll have some fun with it.

Doom 2016 is great and even the MP is fun, and that means a lot coming from me. ID Software along with 3D Realms have been by far the best developers for old-school FPS game for hte past 20 years. Still hoping for a new Quake game that ain't MP-focused.

8 hours ago, Lodbizarro said:

Game 1 first impressions: Assassin's Creed Origins

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6V_zkWcdJwDqqB7T6aW-

So this will be my 1st game I'm going to play on my list. Now while this won't be my first assassin's creed game I've played I've only played bits and pieces from different games I have never played one all the way thru. Even so I have love for this series so I'm excited to play this game for the first time. Now from what I have gathered from the AC fandom there are 3 camps they fall in. You have the Enzo Collection fans who say that's where the games peak and the rest are trash, you have the AC Black Flag fans who say the Series peaked around this time with Unity killing it then there is the fans of AC Origins & Odyssey fans who love the direction the series took with origins and right now this is the best time. Since I don't really have experience with the games I don't have these predispositions so I can just sit back and enjoy these games. While I do plan to go back in play the rest of the series retroactively I felt this was the best place to start as this is the game that started the new generation of AC games

Having played almost all of the AC games, this game is great for what it is. The game is a lot of fun (the DLC was a bti of a let-down though), has lots to do and doesn't get boring. It's a refreshing change to the series and I think it works well.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, be_minor said:

Dishonored 2 First Impressions: Since I just platted Dishonored a couple months ago, I’ve been itching to play the second game, but haven’t had the time. I know very little about it though. I know the protagonist is a character you meet in the first game, and I’m assuming the trophies and gameplay are similar to the original, which I loved. I also saw someone put Dishonored 2 in their top games of the generation list for the superb level design.

Dishonored 2 is a lot of fun and offers quite a bit of vairety in playstyles. The no kill and stealth run had some tricky bits, but still managed to be enjoyable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lodbizarro said:

Game 1 Update: Assassin's Creed Origins

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6V_zkWcdJwDqqB7T6aW-

(honestly I still haven't fully gotten the hang of it). Also It might just be me but the quest icons and how they appear on the map/HUD can also be confusing to follow. For example while I was in the middle of a side quest performing what I thought was the objective I had inadvertently completed a separate quest and even accidentally completed the main quest for the area. I had killed the boss of the area by complete accident thinking he was just part of the mob of enemies it wasn't until the story cut in that I realized what happened. So far I've played around with different Hud settings now but I won't know if it actually helps until I move to the second area and start questing there since I've finished all the ones in my current area. Still so far my impression of this game is very positive and can't wait to see if I still feel the same way after a few more days of playing.

Trophies 0 > 2

Took me awhile to figure out the quest thing too. Easiest way is to go to the Quest screen and highlight the one you are focused on. Then it will tell you to head there on the map. Once you unveil more map, you won’t have any issues with quests getting confused. Also realize, there are multi-step quests so you might have 3-4 Open quests at some point. 
Siwa is pretty much the size of Rhode Island in this enormous map of Egypt.  So you will have plenty to do once you open it up. Enjoy!

23 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

Watch Your Step - Corpse Party: Blood Drive

13L7b2325.png

(there will be spoilers for the Corpse Party series)

I was not a fan of this game when I played it. partially it might have had to do with, me expecting less VN cutscenes and more gameplay and it containing more graphical gore, as i'd expect from a title like this. What I remember disliking most was the constant interruptions by the VN element, which made it impossible for me to actually get immersed in the game. Glad to hear, that you're enjoying it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Game 2 Preview

spacer.pngL761f4e.png

Overall Completion Beginning: 59.92%

Current: 59.93%

I am actually up since I off set my last game by playing some more ManEater and clearing some areas. I really do not know alot about this game. I saw maybe a minute of a stream of it some time ago but it did not tell me much. I know it seems to have a stealth component and that it has this cute protagonist in a raincoat. That's about it, oh and lots of people love it. No guide for this run, I am not worried about collectables, just want to get a feel of the game. 

It is a pretty good game. The balance between cute and grotesque is somewhat unique