Kill Your Completion 14

25 minutes ago, purgta said:

Game #1 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

maxresdefault-323.jpg

I had a lot of fun with this one. I probably preferred it gameplaywise over Drake's Fortune but I did miss the more classic adventure feel the original had. I do plan on playing the third eventually. I managed to get the platinum. Trophywise I only have time trials and brutal mode for the 100%. I will probably leave brutal for later although I kind of want to do the time trial ones while the game layout is still fresh in my mind.

Next up is Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear.

I also felt like the first game was more adventure-focused and the second one went more action heavy with tanks and all that. Personally Uncharted 2 is my least favourite ofhte series, but still a good game.

I've got a quick question about Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear. Is it included in the Baldur's Gate + Baldur's Gate 2 copmpilation?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I've got a quick question about Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear. Is it included in the Baldur's Gate + Baldur's Gate 2 copmpilation?

Yeah, It is. It moves into it automatically after beating the final boss of the first game or you can just start it on its own. It is already on the disk. I was surprised it got its own trophy list.

24 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #3 - Anthem - Preview

L449b22.png

Developer:: Bioware

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Genre: TPS

Price: 69,99€ (or get the disc version, as it cost 15 bucks at most)

So this game, has been left and right. For the most part, because it didn't seem to live up to people's expectation. Personally I don't know why there were expectations in the first place, considering a dev tema that specialized almost exclusively in RPGs, is supposed to make a Third-person Shooter.

I hold Bioware in high regard still, even if it's not the same team from the 90s anymore. All of the games I played  from these guys, I enjoyed. I do have some doubts about this title though, as I get the feeling of a Destiny clone. Guess what, I do not like either of the Destiny games.

My intention is to play through this solo, as supposedly it offeres a single player experience. Let's see if that's true, because it sure as hell hasn't been true for Warframe or Destiny, which are games that claimed exactly the same.

I played it a few months ago and it was quite fun, but it definetely feels like a destiny in 3rd person, so you may not enjoy it. The problem is that it was made by bioware, if any other studio besides bioware made this game, people wouldn’t complain as much about story and characters, but because it is BioWare, there’s this huge expectation that Anthem can't live up to. Similar to what happened to Resident Evil Remake 3, people were expecting something like remake 2 or even something like the original, and just because it's not as good as the best games in the series, it's automatically bad for some folks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

A VN that is actually VR compatible. I want to try atleast some of the game in VR to see how it compares to some of my other VR games in the KYC. It is labeled as a horror game and I guess has some religious overtones as well. I think it is one of those where choices dont really matter. So there is not rophies for doing a different route, unlike some that make you do every route. And @ladynadiad I dont think there is any cringy taboo unlike your recent experience. Which would be nice since it comes up way too much in VN's. I am still trying to figure out why VN's use this cliche so much? Is it a cultural thing I am missing. Ok off the soap box, let us see tonight what this one is all about. 

Are you talking about my recent griping about Song of Memories in the Fall/Winter Backlog Challenge thread?  Believe it or not, cringy taboo like that is not as common in VNs as you think and I've played a lot of VNs on PSN and Steam.  Horror based VNs do tend to avoid it and on PSN the only three I can think of that have it directly are Song of Memories, Period Cube and 7'Scarlet (though with 7'Scarlet you find out in the route that the characters aren't blood related and it ends up not being a romance route).  Though Amnesia: Memories has it indirectly, but the issues with that particular route are definitely not from that taboo and instead the forgiveness of abuse.

25 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

I really enjoy Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. The story is very engaging. The gameplay is good too. I spent 7 hours playing the game and I didn't notice. The blood in this game is pink for reasons unbeknownst to me. I don't object, I just find it strange. 

And while I'm here responding I actually can answer this one.  The blood being pink is actually due to ratings.  If they made it red, the game would likely have been given a rating in Japan that would have made it unable to be sold on PSN in Japan.  By making it pink, they keep it to a level that allows it to be sold on PSN without having to remove any content.  It actually works really well for the game too and adds a bit of quirky charm to it that probably wouldn't have worked in any other game.  It's actually a form of censorship I don't mind one bit since it doesn't remove anything.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Are you talking about my recent griping about Song of Memories in the Fall/Winter Backlog Challenge thread?  Believe it or not, cringy taboo like that is not as common in VNs as you think and I've played a lot of VNs on PSN and Steam.  Horror based VNs do tend to avoid it and on PSN the only three I can think of that have it directly are Song of Memories, Period Cube and 7'Scarlet (though with 7'Scarlet you find out in the route that the characters aren't blood related and it ends up not being a romance route).  Though Amnesia: Memories has it indirectly, but the issues with that particular route are definitely not from that taboo and instead the forgiveness of abuse.

Actually yes I did see that, and most of those I have played, another is Nurse Love Addiction has it as well. You have the sister, who ends up not being blood related and it was a romance route. To me though even if they are not related,you were still raised together and it is just as wrong. Just my opinion. I am glad that it seems to be just the ones I have played and that there are more out there that do not include this.  I must just have the luck to keep running into it. Actually the last one I played did not, Hakuoki Kyoto Winds. It has a childhood friend, but I can accept that. 

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Actually yes I did see that, and most of those I have played, another is Nurse Love Addiction has it as well. You have the sister, who ends up not being blood related and it was a romance route. To me though even if they are not related,you were still raised together and it is just as wrong. Just my opinion. I am glad that it seems to be just the ones I have played and that there are more out there that do not include this.  I must just have the luck to keep running into it. Actually the last one I played did not, Hakuoki Kyoto Winds. It has a childhood friend, but I can accept that. 

Ah, that's one I haven't played yet because it looked to be overly fanservicey like Nekopara (which I hated) along with the fact that it never would go on sale.  It also could be more common in games where you play a male and romance females since those are aimed at a different audience.  Games like Hakuoki are otome games and aimed at younger women.  Games like Song of Memories are bishoujo games and are aimed at younger males.  The difference likely is the audience its aimed for.  Horror VNs are not aimed towards males or females specifically and also tend to lack romance in general since they are focusing on the horror, so you'd probably like stuff like Raging Loop and Spirit Hunter: Death Mark much better.

Anyway, I'll go back to lurking here and reading people's reviews since I really couldn't do this event this time around.

• Like 1