Kill Your Completion 14

I can already say that I won't be playing SSX for more than an hour. I hate everything about the game so far  So yeah, first time I drop a game while not even an hour in, I think. Well, I'll give it another 30 minutes tomorrow and then i've had my fill of this boring shitshow.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I can already say that I won't be playing SSX for more than an hour. I hate everything about the game so far  So yeah, first time I drop a game while not even an hour in, I think. Well, I'll give it another 30 minutes tomorrow and then i've had my fill of this boring shitshow.

Wow, that's surprising. SSX was easily my Game of the Year when I played it back in 2012 so I'm interested in what your opinion on it is.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

Wow, that's surprising. SSX was easily my Game of the Year when I played it back in 2012 so I'm interested in what your opinion on it is.

In the end it'll all come down to personal preference I guess. I've played plenty of  games that released in 2012 and several of them are among my favroutite games of all time (Sleeping Dogs, Kingdoms of Amalur, The Darkness 2, Mortal Kombat, Far Cry 3, etc). I guess I'm very picky when it comes t sport related games,  There's only the odd football and basketball game I like and well the old Tony Hawk games, that SSX is most comparable to. We'll see, if my impression changes after doing another few races, but I honestly highly doubt  it, as my first impression on a game usually stays the same up until the very end.

On 11/10/2020 at 1:14 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

On 11/10/2020 at 1:14 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #4 - SSX - Preview

L29a349.png

Developer:: Electronic Arts CA/Montreal

Publisher: EA Sports

Genre: Snowboarding/Sports

I'm well familiar with EA sports, as I used to play many of the FIFA games. Furthermore it's probably the company with most licencesed sports titles, out of which the vast majority tend to be simulations.

SSX seems to be an oddball though, when the main focus wasn't sucking people's wallets dry. Here we seem to have a snowboarding game with an arcade feel to it. Having never played an SSX game, as honestly I don't really care much for the sport in general, my knowledge on these games is non- existent. The only snowboarding game I ever played was a Coll Boarders game on PS1, and I did not enjoy it.

We'll see how this one does.

Steep was quite fun. Long grind to platinum with some gitgud sections, but overall, a very satisfying game. And light years ahead of SSX. 

Edited by PerryToxteth

8 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Steep was quite fun. Long grind to platinum with some gitgud sections, but overall, a very satisfying game. And light years ahead of SSX. 

I didn't bother with even downloading Steep when it was on PsPlus, as I had a feeling it would not be a game that I'd enjoy. Considerung the joy or rather the lack thereof SSX has been giving me I believe I made the ight call in giving it a pass. Steep seems to be more sim focused than arcade, but from what I've seen it boils down to the same for me. It looks and at least SSX is incredibly boring. I'll rip SSX a new one tomorrow though.

9 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

L332a6a.png

So yeah, I like it a lot early on. Hopefully, that continues until the end.

I'm curious to see what you think about the game, once you reach the Cathedral, and that's all I'll say about it xD .

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Phantochi said:

Game #5 Preview - GTA Vice City

Le725e6.png

Another old but gold game for me, i've been meaning to play this since i bought a ps4, but every time i hear about that damn cannoli, it goes down on my list, but the time has finally come.

I'll start by going for the cannoli, was reading some forums and apparently the best way to go for it is to find the collectibles first thing then make a boat load of money, then a glitch around a chopper i guess, i'll have to watch some youtube videos to see exactly how it goes because it doesn't look easy. I hope this cannoli doesn’t make me hate this game

WOW! I haven’t thought about this game in years...I mean decades. Gasp. Has it been that long? Anyone remember what year and console this was original to? My guess is PS2 in 2002. 
I think this was the last GTA game I played. I recall the driving mechanics to be okay but the gun-play was atrocious. And the story? Yikes.

What’s next on your playlist? Syphon Filter?? :P 

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

WOW! I haven’t thought about this game in years...I mean decades. Gasp. Has it been that long? Anyone remember what year and console this was original to? My guess is PS2 in 2002. 
I think this was the last GTA game I played. I recall the driving mechanics to be okay but the gun-play was atrocious. And the story? Yikes.

What’s next on your playlist? Syphon Filter?? :P 

lol, yeah it's ps2 2002, almost 2 decades now, yikes. Not only the gunplay but pretty much everything didn't aged that well, but the nostalgia you feel when you enter the first car and billie jean starts to play is something else

Edited by Phantochi
  • Like 1