Can I rent a server?

eternit_pl

29 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

It's still available, the problem is either on EA or SONY's side.

This^

The Rent-A-Server feature has been knackered for months in Battlefield 1 and 4 so all you can do is complain to EA and wait for them to completely ignore you, then pass the buck to Sony who will then blame EA and send you into a perpetual blame spiral where neither side will accept responsibility for this problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

The Rent-A-Server feature has been knackered for months in Battlefield 1 and 4 so all you can do is complain to EA and wait for them to completely ignore you, then pass the buck to Sony who will then blame EA and send you into a perpetual blame spiral where neither side will accept responsibility for this problem.

BF1 still works I was helping a friend is BF1 do DLC in a rented server not long ago.

• 6 months later...

I’ve just rented a server over the weekend 3 days in a row. Check my trophies!! I have a NA acct, and yes, I’ve had problems renting. The game has taken my wallet $$ and not given me a server. I’ve spent nearly $10 in unreceived server utility. However, I had $5 or so in my wallet just this weekend and randomly checked to see if I could rent one. Fortunately, I didn’t get an error. And I was able to rent one for one day at $1.49. I got greedy and tried for a 7-day-er. I got an error and lost that $7, so far. I haven’t called Sony about it yet but I will do that Monday. I tried to get it back from EA but they told me that’s on Sony’s end bc of the “store”. 

What I think the prob is, is the games connection to battelog or BF4 PS3 servers or more specifically the “online services”. I’m not quite sure tho. If you’re logged in and played a few games, try to rent one. Every time I’ve owned a server, and tried after being connected to the online services I’ve been able to rent one. Conversely, if I’ve tried to rent one off the hop, I’ve gotten the error. I don’t know the true reason, but I’ve had success with using caution. 

Spend wallet $$ at your own risk when dealing with BF4 PS3 in-game store front. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by dbonjourjr476
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if your region plays a factor in renting or not, but I was unsuccessful in my attempt to rent a server in the East U.S. region. I made 2 purchases on 2 separate accounts to test whether or not it really was some freak glitch, and was charged on both accounts ($24.99 and $6.99) for server access that I never received. The game instantly gave me error messages after my purchases instead—they will say something about an error occurring. 

Definitely take precaution in attempting to rent because you will have to go through PlayStation support to get your refund. Explain to them what happened and they will sort it out for you. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to 100% of the people that try to rent.