This game broke me

10 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

Which is a shame as it's my favourite game in the series, but yeah, I don't think I'll ever be assed with Platinum'ing it due to the online shit. You should still give it a shot though. I loved the naval warfare.

It’s a fabulous game- I played it back on my Xbox One before I made the flick to PlayStation just a real shame as it will stop me having all the platinums in the series at some point. 

• Like 1

Which is a shame as it's my favourite game in the series, but yeah, I don't think I'll ever be assed with Platinum'ing it due to the online shit. You should still give it a shot though. I loved the naval warfare.

the black flag online trophies arent that hard either. You just have to grab 3 other players and complete very online mode once. The grind to lvl 55 can be done in wolfspack. If you take the daily bonus and complete also some challenges while running through it, you need like 25 to 35 runs of wolf pack (13-16 min per run) . You should only watch out for using every ability at least once while doing it.  

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow

I didn’t get anywhere near breaking point, but I agree 100% this game’s requirements to platinum are ridiculous. The missions themselves have some of the most ridiculous and arbitrary optional objectives of the entire AC series that are needlessly frustrating. The amount of side content required to 100% is overwhelming, and some of them such as the encyclopedia or the fanorona mini-games for example are insanely frustrating and time consuming.

The platinum for this game really sucks. It is a massive grind. The game itself though (in my opinion) was really great and actually became one of my favourite AC games, which is probably the only reason I was able to suffer through the platinum without losing my mind.

Or perhaps I did lose my mind after all... because I got the PS4 version of this game bundled with my AC Odyssey purchase, and I was thinking I might do it all again some day. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

• 2 years later...

This is the only one in the franchise as far as I'm aware of that requires you to 100% just about everything. That includes the side missions and their optional syncs, not just the main missions as other AC games have you doing anyway.

One of my issues with this game is this was when the present day storyline really started to take a shit. Desmond Miles journey had ended and during the next two to three games you're mostly watching a bunch of cutscenes while you're practically some random nobody posing as an Assassin. The older AC games felt like you were really into something since one of the big appeals was the tie between the past and the present day. Hence, Desmond's ancestors who clashed with historical figures, and Desmond Miles himself, who was captive by a giant global corporation of Templars.

I ended up using a program online to guide me through Nine Men's Morris and Fanorona on the Homestead since the difficulty is set to high, meaning your AI opponents are overly difficult.

Maybe Valhalla changed the standards, I don't know as I haven't played it. What I do know is Assassin's Creed III is one of the tougher platinums in the series because of the amount of grinding and stuff you have to do for 100%.

On 25/10/2020 at 2:45 AM, ImMagnetz said:

Hey, at least there's no online shit like there was in the original.

Huge necro but anyway,

This game put me off most of the releases that came after, until Origins era. The requirements just kept getting worse and worse, and in my mind it kept veering away from actual assassination. Not to mention the fact that everything was turning into a blood bath, and you had to destroy a hundred guards to even do anything. The dlc bird transform did a lot to fix this but geez there were guards EVERYWHERE.

I managed the plat eventually (for the second time - I did plat the first version with multiplayer on my first account)... but dam it was so exhausting. Have to agree about the online trophies, so glad they were removed.

For a game about freedom, they sure made sure no one had any choice about how to play it.

• 6 months later...
On 25/10/2020 at 7:09 AM, ChelBelTheBomb said:

I must be the only one that enjoyed this and didn't find the 100% to be too bad. Revelations on the other hand... haven't gone back to 100% that one yet. 

I'm at 100% on the main game, just need the DLC. TBH I don't get most complaints here. The game is long but I've seen and played longer and more boring ones, the missions have enough variety to not be a grindfest all in all. I found most aspects of it to be enjoyable and the homestead building stuff really struck a chord with me. Maybe the 100% requirement is too much if you don't get too engaged with the game, but in the end I liked it a lot and it was worth it. The optional objectives for the main missions aren't that hard either imo and I'm not even a crazy good AC player (just played Chronicles, II and the Freedom Cry standalone).

Edited by maxstirner_2015
  • Like 2