What do you think prevents EA from returning the daily challenge?

kikataa

Even when the game was 2 years old, they stopped these challenges. Only EAs have 2-3 year old games that have similar mutilated trophy lists. However, I don't think it will cost them much to restore the challenges, this is not a completely stopped multiplayer. For this reason, I stopped buying their sports games, if one day they improve their attitude to the games and their customers can buy a sports game from them again. I'm sorry if my English is bad.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kikataa said:

Even when the game was 2 years old, they stopped these challenges. Only EAs have 2-3 year old games that have similar mutilated trophy lists. However, I don't think it will cost them much to restore the challenges, this is not a completely stopped multiplayer. For this reason, I stopped buying their sports games, if one day they improve their attitude to the games and their customers can buy a sports game from them again. I'm sorry if my English is bad.

EA hates spending any money at all on old games, regardless of how little it might cost them and especially if they feel they don't have to so don't expect the challenges to ever come back. EA have no incentive to revisit old games, when people are more than happy to fork out big bucks for whatever broken reskin they release in any given year.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

Hi all, I buy EA play and want to platinum all Fifa games. Why is not there Fifa 16 ? Because you can not play divisions anymore..ok no problem. Then I move on Fifa 17 - ok platinum. And now is a problem with Fifa 18 !! Why they sold this game, when you can not platinum it ! We need to organize a petition and we dont need money back - we need to bring back daily objectives.

Edited by Simo-svk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Simo-svk said:

8 hours ago, Simo-svk said:

Hi all, I buy EA play and want to platinum all Fifa games. Why is not there Fifa 16 ? Because you can not play divisions anymore..ok no problem. Then I move on Fifa 17 - ok platinum. And now is a problem with Fifa 18 !! Why they sold this game, when you can not platinum it ! We need to organize a petition and we dont need money back - we need to bring back daily objectives.

In some of the previous topics there were links to directly file a complaint to the EA and a forum petition, but obviously we are too few interested and never received a response (at least I did not receive one from them). When I wrote to one of their administrators, he supposedly understood me and said that they would do everything possible, but still these are EA and nothing happened.

Edited by kikataa

We need to ask him directly, how many people need to contact them / write a petition. I can remember there was a problem with Fifa 19 trophy for qualifying in weekend league after this event end. And some people are angry too, and reported it...and now this is fixed.

Edited by Simo-svk

FIFA 19 was fixed, but only for September, now in October the trophy cannot be taken again. I will contact them again in an attempt to file a new complaint, but I ask all those interested to do so, even if they return the daily challenges for a few days, this will be great. Good luck hunters!

Because in EA's mind, you're not supposed to keep playing their old games once a new one comes out. You're supposed to buy the new game, and turning off features on the old game is their way of incentivizing you to do that. 

Also, many publishers don't give a rat's ass about whether you can get 100% of the trophies in their games, which is why there are so many trophies that are extremely difficult, related to multiplayer, or just outright broken.

2 hours ago, Gethron said:

3 hours ago, kikataa said:

FIFA 19 was fixed, but only for September, now in October the trophy cannot be taken again. I will contact them again in an attempt to file a new complaint, but I ask all those interested to do so, even if they return the daily challenges for a few days, this will be great. Good luck hunters!

No  ! Fifa 19 and Fifa 20 are fixed now and you can earn every trophy - especially for weekend league too ! First time, they fixed Fifa 19 only for a limit time. But trophy hunters sign a petiion and they fixed it forever !

1 hour ago, Simo-svk said:

No  ! Fifa 19 and Fifa 20 are fixed now and you can earn every trophy - especially for weekend league too ! First time, they fixed Fifa 19 only for a limit time. But trophy hunters sign a petiion and they fixed it forever !

The last ones to take the trophy are from October 1, so I think you're wrong and unfortunately the trophy can't be taken again, I personally ended up with EA, at least until they change their policy.

4 hours ago, Latyki said:

Hi, man.
We will continue to pressure them through the live chat and official forums to get back on this crappy challenge. Chances are, yes. In the past I have seen old games return to these functions.
So we managed to get WB to return the invasion boss to mortal combat X. But now we are dealing with EAs that are disgusting to their customers.

I can send a donation via paypal, if you can help with this daily challenge back in Fifa 18. Good news, if this work again in Fifa 19..I am on 1500 from 2000 points to reach this trophy. But I have a problem with placement match trophy..when I ended 5th match I got disconnect and the trophy do not pop :(

• 4 months later...

Why would they fix something that isn't giving them money? EA doesn't care about consumers, it cares about consumers' spending. When the servers close, that's it. No fix, no patch, no nothing. Sadly that's the way with annualized sports titles.

45 minutes ago, Simo-svk said:

Servers are closing soon - you think they can fix it or they leave it unobtainable...and we never can get platinum after May 6 2021 ?

No offense, but somehow think that EA, in the midst of a major internal scandal regarding Icons/TOTY players and the unprohibited sale of them by their own employee/employees have much more pressing issues to deal with, than an trophy that been around for three years. They've only just fixed a glitchy trophy on Fifa 21, and another trophy regarding co-op still has issues. 

I got locked out of the Fifa 18 Plat/1000g when I was on Xbox due to a trophy/achievement bug, it didnt get fixed then so probably best just to move on. As poor practise as it is, EA literally stop supporting each Fifa each when a new one is out. 

1 hour ago, Simo-svk said:

Maybe, when we can make a donation in paypal for Fifa 18 daily objectives ? They can change it...

If you somehow manage to fully fund the next FIFA game for them, maybe EA would care. Anything below that is pocket change, sadly.

Move on, mate. It's not worth it.

• 4 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 3:11 AM, kikataa said:

What do you think prevents EA from returning the daily challenge even for a short time or just releasing one that doesn't change every day? I check every week hoping they're back, but I'm losing all faith.

Nothing prevents them.  The problem is that EA is just a bunch of money grubbing assholes who dont actually care about gamers.