PS5 Upgrade will have a Separate Trophy List

HypnosXIII

What does this mean for trophy progress?

Playing the backwards compatible PS4 version on PS5 will share the same trophy list and progress.

Playing the PS5 upgraded version provides a fresh set of the same trophies. There are no plans to add new trophies to this release.

The above was found on their PS5 FAQ.

3 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

That's unexpected. I didn't think upgrades would get new trophy lists, I thought it'd just be enabling something equivalent to the PS4 Pro's boost mode. I hope this is the case for more games.

I'm pretty sure what they meant was that if you have the ps4 version you get the ps5 version (upgraded version specific for ps5) for free and that version (ps5) have a new set of trophies. No game that have the backward compatibility will have a new set of trophies, they will use the ps4 version. If the game have a version for ps5 they can share the list with the ps4 game our have a new one

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

That's unexpected. I didn't think upgrades would get new trophy lists, I thought it'd just be enabling something equivalent to the PS4 Pro's boost mode. I hope this is the case for more games.

25 minutes ago, rwd1997 said:

I'm pretty sure what they meant was that if you have the ps4 version you get the ps5 version (upgraded version specific for ps5) for free and that version (ps5) have a new set of trophies. No game that have the backward compatibility will have a new set of trophies, they will use the ps4 version. If the game have a version for ps5 they can share the list with the ps4 game our have a new one

What rwd said. Using the PS4 version via backward compatibility will use the PS4 trophy list. But unlocking the free PS5 upgrade via your owned copy will use the PS5 version, and thus come with a new list. Maneater is doing the same thing

22 minutes ago, corkscrew17 said:

What rwd said. Using the PS4 version via backward compatibility will use the PS4 trophy list. But unlocking the free PS5 upgrade via your owned copy will use the PS5 version, and thus come with a new list. Maneater is doing the same thing

So Maneater will have a separate list? I just bought Maneater and Borderlands 3 but am saving them for the PS5 versions. 

1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

So Maneater will have a separate list? I just bought Maneater and Borderlands 3 but am saving them for the PS5 versions. 

Yes. I suspect BL3 will as well, tbh. Although that one isn't confirmed, to my knowledge. But in the case of Maneater:

https://www.psu.com/news/it-looks-like-some-ps5-games-will-have-a-separate-trophy-list-from-their-ps4-versions/

'It seems like a number of PS4 games, which will also be released on PS5 will have a separate trophy list, allowing you to earn 2 Platinums for one game. In a post on the Tripwire Interactive forum discussing the PS5 version of Maneater, the publisher reveals that “This is a separate application/game on PlayStation 5 and trophies, stats and saves will not transfer”.'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

It's just the problem with how THEY are calling it. It's nothing more than having a cross-gen game on two different platforms. Just like with Assassin's Creed. Battlefield or Call of Duty.

1 hour ago, Obscure_Ale said:

I could see some companies doing that knowing some trophies hunters will pay $10 to insta pop a completed list with the upgrade

I don't think that trophies will auto-pop for all games, if any. A few posts above it is mentioned that the save files for Maneater won't carry over. So no auto-popping for this one.

So it says that it shares trophy progress, this should mean trophies will autopop if you have the PS4 completed while playing the PS5 version.

However it does say that Part 1 and 2 of story mode progress won't carry over to the next generation so story mode related trophies won't autopop. (if they do)

On 10/25/2020 at 9:31 PM, AvengedEvil said:

I don't think that trophies will auto-pop for all games, if any. A few posts above it is mentioned that the save files for Maneater won't carry over. So no auto-popping for this one.

borderlands 3 has been confirmed to have saves crossing over with the upgrade but if it has a fresh list like all the others that will most likely be what borderlands 2 was from ps3 to 4 where you could auto pop a few earned trophies using the same character you got the platinum on last time from doing certain tasks

• 8 months later...

abit late to the party on this game, but a having a question about the auto pop. 

so i have a ps5 and getting the ps4 version of this game, my intention is to knock out all mp trophies on both lists first so that i dont have trouble finding help later which i am sure i will, then i can pop the SP trophies at my leisure. my question is can i jump between ps4 and ps5 versions or once i upgrade is that it?

i now i need to do the mp trophies again coz they dont auto pop but if i could get the rest on ps5 and then auto/easy pop the rest but jumping back to the ps4 version afterward that would be great as opposed to doing them on ps4 and spending little time on ps5 list