Amnesia Rebirth - How to do the LEYDEN JAR skip and make the speedster trophy easier

Optinooby

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Hello everyone,

I made a short video on how to do this, perhaps the easiest and most 'legit' way although not sure if this is legit or not, hard to decide. This will allow you to skip the Hunting Grounds, Catacombs and Throne Room of the Speedster Trophy run and so removes about 20-30 mins. A few were asking about this so decided to make a vid to explain it and I mentioned Riverrun in the video for bringing it to my attention, credit goes to him/her xD

Hope this helps !!

Thanks for the credits! :)

I knew there was some method to maintain that door opened and you got it. I've tested it several times and it always works. If this is a glitch or intended in the game is something I'm not completely sure. This doesn't only help, this is absolutely necessary if you want to achieve the Speedster trophy at the moment.

If nothing else is found I would say that the timer on this trophy is miscalculated or broken, possibly related to the times taken by the loading screens, cutscenes, memories,...

So maybe in a future update we will get a reasonable timer on this trophy to allow a doable speedrun without crazy shortcuts! ?

I really don't know... ?

32 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

Thanks for the credits! :)

I knew there was some method to maintain that door opened and you got it. I've tested it several times and it always works. If this is a glitch or intended in the game is something I'm not completely sure. This doesn't only help, this is absolutely necessary if you want to achieve the Speedster trophy at the moment.

If nothing else is found I would say that the timer on this trophy is miscalculated or broken, possibly related to the times taken by the loading screens, cutscenes, memories,...

So maybe in a future update we will get a reasonable timer on this trophy to allow a doable speedrun without crazy shortcuts! 1f602.png

I really don't know... 1f914.png

No problem m8, credit where its due, without your thoughts, I would never have tried/knew about it!! 

I'm sitting at the end of the game right now in the Throne Room, I used only this glitch here and im at;

02:03:20 with loading times

01:54:15 without loading times

Im leaving Tasi standing there for an hour now, im going to make a few saves along the way and bring the time down 5 minutes each time from 3 hours until the trophy pops. 

Dunno if cutscenes, loading times, memories or anything are factored into that dev_time like u say so im just going to whittle down from 3 hours to cover the bases, time will tell if doing this is a complete waste of time xD

I lost a few minutes in the Lower Factory as very last wisp got me. I also wrote down times I hit each area for reference. 

Ive read 1 or 2 players got the trophy just over 2h20, but then you dont know how well they timed it!! 

Trophies are so glitchy as well, so you cant always rely on trophies popping, I had Can Opener pop today at start of Cistern in the tank still! I was pushing the turrer of me and suddenly Can Opener popped lol xD

• Like 2

Awesome! Once again, thank you. I hadn't even thought about how we can also skip the end with this method. But this leaves me with a question. I still have the Harvester ending trophy left to do, and I wanted to tie it in with my speedrun since It's the quickest ending. Will I get that ending if I immediately use the portal? I mean, the baby stays in the cradle, but I don't exactly become a ghoul? 

Edited by Maahniac

21 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Awesome! Once again, thank you. I hadn't even thought about how we can also skip the end with this method. But this leaves me with a question. I still have the Harvester ending trophy left to do, and I wanted to tie it in with my speedrun since It's the quickest ending. Will I get that ending if I immediately use the portal? I mean, the baby stays in the cradle, but I don't exactly become a ghoul? 

I think you can tie the speedrun with Harvester but you won't get it if you use the portal immediately. If you're fast enough you should have some minutes to spare on the Harvester ending and still get the Speedster trophy. You can always play it safe, make a save at the beginning of the Throne Room and get Speedster first, then load game and get Harvester.

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

No problem m8, credit where its due, without your thoughts, I would never have tried/knew about it!! 

I'm sitting at the end of the game right now in the Throne Room, I used only this glitch here and im at;

Im leaving Tasi standing there for an hour now, im going to make a few saves along the way and bring the time down 5 minutes each time from 3 hours until the trophy pops. 

Dunno if cutscenes, loading times, memories or anything are factored into that dev_time like u say so im just going to whittle down from 3 hours to cover the bases, time will tell if doing this is a complete waste of time xD

I lost a few minutes in the Lower Factory as very last wisp got me. I also wrote down times I hit each area for reference. 

Ive read 1 or 2 players got the trophy just over 2h20, but then you dont know how well they timed it!! 

Trophies are so glitchy as well, so you cant always rely on trophies popping, I had Can Opener pop today at start of Cistern in the tank still! I was pushing the turrer of me and suddenly Can Opener popped lol xD

So that confirms the number, about 9 minutes of loading screens on this game. D:

Frictional Games should reward you for this amazing QA testing work! xD

Don't worry, now with this guide the platinums will start popping off! ?

7 minutes ago, riverrun_PT said:

I think you can tie the speedrun with Harvester but you won't get it if you use the portal immediately. If you're fast enough you should have some minutes to spare on the Harvester ending and still get the Speedster trophy. You can always play it safe, make a save at the beginning of the Throne Room and get Speedster first, then load game and get Harvester.

Gotcha, I will try that

2 hours ago, riverrun_PT said:

So that confirms the number, about 9 minutes of loading screens on this game. D:

Frictional Games should reward you for this amazing QA testing work! xD

Don't worry, now with this guide the platinums will start popping off! 1f602.png

Yea its DEFINITELY 02:20:00 and loading times DONT COUNT.

At 01:54:00, I added on 27 minutes (02:21:00), trophy wouldn't pop, but when I went down to 26 minutes over (02:20:00), it popped!!. I didn't start at 3 hours btw, I just started with 2h45, then 2h30, then went to 2h25 and then went down in minutes, didn't take too long.

Just annoyed because I didn't get chance to check if inventory/pause stops the timer. I've added my legit times and I come in at roughly 02:19:00 ish, it is SO damn close. Gonna try and record a legit run today with it gonna be very stressful xD

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Is there a specific way or method you used to decrease loading times? I'm thinking if this is playable on the ps5 that could help cut down on those a ton too ?

35 minutes ago, ToTheEmber said:

Is there a specific way or method you used to decrease loading times? I'm thinking if this is playable on the ps5 that could help cut down on those a ton too 1f914.png

Not what I know, PS5 may help like you say. 

The Devs are spose to be making a patch to make memories skippable, that will help. 

I recorded a run today with comm, hoping for it to finish my platinum guidr. I finished the game glitchless in 02:15:00 approx, and NO trophy and it really peed me off as i was happy eith the run and the comm, but whats the point of trophy doesnt pop. 

Thought I knew this trophy but now im lost again

• Like 1

I got the Speedster trophy on my first try, last night. Thank you guys for all your great advice, and in particular this "exploit" or "skip" or whatever we should call it. I couldn't have done it without you. I timed my run, only pausing during "Save and Exits to the Main Menu", and my time came in at 2 hours and 17 minutes, so I almost didn't get it! If a total of 9 minutes of loading times are subtracted from the total time, then it was obviously better at around 2 hours and 8 minutes. Still, I have no idea how I could've made it without the exploit ? I felt like I was super crisp in my run. I didn't get lost, I didn't die, I didn't screw anything up - even the annoying "grab and place"-physics were on my side for once. So I have NO idea how I could have improved my time. I would have had about 11-12 minutes to finish the Hunting Grounds and Catacombs without the exploit, and still finish the game in time. That sounds borderline impossible. I will say though, that I didn't jump straight through the portal in the throne room, but rather played out the Harvester ending.

Now I'll just wait for October 31st to pop the Nope, Merci trophy, which I'm still trying to figure out how to get, without looking it up ?

Edited by Maahniac
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Maahniac said:

I got the Speedster trophy on my first try, last night. Thank you guys for all your great advice, and in particular this "exploit" or "skip" or whatever we should call it. I couldn't have done it without you. I timed my run, only pausing during "Save and Exits to the Main Menu", and my time came in at 2 hours and 17 minutes, so I almost didn't get it! If a total of 9 minutes of loading times are subtracted from the total time, then it was obviously better at around 2 hours and 8 minutes. Still, I have no idea how I could've made it without the exploit 1f605.png I felt like I was super crisp in my run. I didn't get lost, I didn't die, I didn't screw anything up - even the annoying "grab and place"-physics were on my side for once. So I have NO idea how I could have improved my time. I would have had about 11-12 minutes to finish the Hunting Grounds and Catacombs without the exploit, and still finish the game in time. That sounds borderline impossible. I will say though, that I didn't jump straight through the portal in the throne room, but rather played out the Harvester ending.

Now I'll just wait for October 31st to pop the Nope, Merci trophy, which I'm still trying to figure out how to get, without looking it up 1f61c.png

Thanks for detailed post m8, and glad you got the trophy out the way ;)

I did it glitchless yesterday in 02:14:00 without loading times, but trophy didnt pop so im stumped with it again xD, as from other testing, loading screens didnt count. Looks like test runs now to figure out why ;(