Trophy thoughts ?

Most of the trophies look pretty in line with the three previous games, though I'm intrigued by the decision to lump all boys into a single bonding trophy.

My questions to the crew here that have played the JP version are: 

1. Can multiple bonding trophies be earned like in CSIII or do we have to save scum like in CSI and CSII?

2. Is the "A New Dawn" true ending trophy missable? I can see it being like the one where we had to talk to instructor Thomas after the ending of CSII.

This looks very similar to the trophy list for ToCS3.  And ToCS2.  And ToCS1.

So another one of those "two playthrough", 100 hours or so lists?  And where you might have to keep checklists for easily missable things that have really short windows?

I figure it's probably got to be most like ToCS2, given this game is a little more "open world" like that one as opposed to the linearity of 1 and 3.

47 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Is there TOCS3 to 4 save transfer?

Trails of Cold Steel III clear data rewards
Character level
64 or lower: parameter boost items x1
65-74: parameter boost items x2 + Shining Pom bait x1
75 or higher: parameter boost items x3 + Shining Pom bait x2 + Zeram Powder x1

Thors Branch School reputation
second rank: Spirit Incense x1
top rank: Spirit Incense x2 + Dragon Incense x1

Instructor rank
A+: Fighter’s Medal: HP +1000, STR +10, prevents all ailments (available in-game)
S: Champion’s Medal: HP +2000, STR +20, prevents all ailments (not available in-game)

Sauce: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/229684-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv/faqs/77559/prologue-the-changing-world-from-the-depths-of-darkness-#starting-a-new-game

Edited by skinnybass
formatting
  • Like 2

More of the same. Expected to be 5-6/10 diff as usual. :D

I am very excited about this as i am going through 3rd one. Thanks to community who recommend me playing this.

Edit: Trophy is spoiler for me, but that's ok as I already expected it anyway :D

Edited by FielVeredus

1 hour ago, jacks81x said:

Seems pretty easy, similar to ToCS 3. The only trophy I'm not sure about is the Pom Pom Party one.  That sounds like a mini-game.  

It's a Puyo Puyo spin-off.

As someone who's played the JP version, all I can say is have fun with that. The later opponents in that game are merciless, like they were programmed to do a TAS of it.

I got the plat in Japanese, so yeah it's standard Kiseki stuff.  It's more like CS2 in how the list is comprised and will require minimum of two playthroughs for the plat since it's impossible to get all the bonding trophies in your first playthrough.  100+ hour plat, nothing too hard really.

10 hours ago, skinnybass said:

Most of the trophies look pretty in line with the three previous games, though I'm intrigued by the decision to lump all boys into a single bonding trophy.

My questions to the crew here that have played the JP version are: 

1. Can multiple bonding trophies be earned like in CSIII or do we have to save scum like in CSI and CSII?

2. Is the "A New Dawn" true ending trophy missable? I can see it being like the one where we had to talk to instructor Thomas after the ending of CSII.

1 - no, you have to save just before you pick who to woo then reload. Also, bond points don’t carry over but you can have max bond points on the second play. But, you have to do all bond events again to max them out before the final choice part. 

however, some of the choice trophies can be done together as you only need to max out and not pick to woo, such as the boys and Celina and the knight. 

2 - no. Once you finish the game and see the ending, you reload the game and you’ll replay the end and have a choice to do the true ending instead. 

To answer other questions. 2 playthroughs (required) took me 133 hours. Pom Pom is like Puyo Puyo and is mandatory for a trophy. Vantage Masters is back and also mandatory to beat everyone for all the cards. The game is easy the first time, if played on easy or normal, but Nightmare is actually hard this time so you have to think about boss battles and work out a decent strategy - even with the best weapons and gear. 

• Like 2