Lord_Bane999

Another English Kamen Rider Game!?

14 posts in this topic

Really hope so myself. Kamen Rider needs more love in the West.

Forgot this was being released at all.

Trophy list doesn't seem complicated. Beat the game, then grind missions for blueprints, rankings, combo chains and enemy count. The last couple games all had easy combo tricks discovered in the first couple days, I would expect this to be no different.

4 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Really hope so myself. Kamen Rider needs more love in the West.

Saban has burned two chances, but I'm willing to give them a third. Hell, the current rider, Saber, seems like it sell in the west well with few edits.

Edit: I haven't done any reading on this game since the project announcement, apparently it's including one of the pre-production forms for OOOs that was released (voice only) with one of the toys. That's cool.

Edited by Jelly Soup

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

Forgot this was being released at all.

Trophy list doesn't seem complicated. Beat the game, then grind missions for blueprints, rankings, combo chains and enemy count. The last couple games all had easy combo tricks discovered in the first couple days, I would expect this to be no different.

Saban has burned two chances, but I'm willing to give them a third. Hell, the current rider, Saber, seems like it sell in the west well with few edits.

Edit: I haven't done any reading on this game since the project announcement, apparently it's including one of the pre-production forms for OOOs that was released (voice only) with one of the toys. That's cool.

That's awesome!!  OOO is probably my favourite of the modern Riders with Decade being another.

What was the second chance Saban burned? I know he did the 90s Masked Rider. (Which was horrible because let's face it Kamen Rider is at most a young teen show it's pretty open in the death and killing.) I guess there was Amazon Riders too but I don't think Saban did that one though could be wrong.

Henshin! Love the rider series, I got scramble for the switch and the English translation was good. Didn’t know it’s out on Friday, be nice to play this game. Looks like I’ll be buying this from play Asia or amazon, wish they brought all the riders from the Showa and Heisei era. 

I really can't wait for my copy to come in! As a newer Rider fan, I've only seen W and am currently watching through OOOs. Super happy that I will already know 2 of the main 3 riders going into it. 

It will be interesting to see if we actually get a good Kamen Rider for once. The last 4 or so have been okay at best.

I was hoping Vulcan, Valkyrie, Jin would be playable, but looks like they will not be.

9 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

What was the second chance Saban burned? I know he did the 90s Masked Rider. (Which was horrible because let's face it Kamen Rider is at most a young teen show it's pretty open in the death and killing.) I guess there was Amazon Riders too but I don't think Saban did that one though could be wrong.

Saban's second run was Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. It was an adaption of Ryuki and was actually pretty good. They tried to fix everything wrong with Ryuki, make it take itself more seriously, lean into the drama, give it an appropriate OST. The final product was actually pretty good, as a kind of soft drama, the kind you used to see on 90s Fox. It just didn't bring in the numbers, so it got cancelled before airing it's final, fully produced season.

The new Amazon was a Toei production, but it got around because Amazon(.com) was the distributor. It's also pretty good, do recommend.

4 hours ago, Wavergray said:

I was hoping Vulcan, Valkyrie, Jin would be playable, but looks like they will not be.

I'm not even sure they are in the game at all, even as a mention. Prerelease statements talk about all the Riders that are supposed to be seen and they aren't on the list. Which would hold with with Toei's rule of thumb about adaption products being locked to what was available when production started, with some reasonable edits.

Saban's second run was Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. It was an adaption of Ryuki and was actually pretty good. They tried to fix everything wrong with Ryuki, make it take itself more seriously, lean into the drama, give it an appropriate OST. The final product was actually pretty good, as a kind of soft drama, the kind you used to see on 90s Fox. It just didn't bring in the numbers, so it got cancelled before airing it's final, fully produced season.

Saban did not do Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, it was another company named Adness Entertainment. It was a really good show.

Saban thought about adapting Kamen Rider as "Power Rider" (To go with Power Ranger), but nothing ever came of it. As of now the licensing rights in the US for both Super Sentai (power rangers) and Kamen Rider belong to Hasbro (the toy company).

I'm not even sure they are in the game at all, even as a mention. Prerelease statements talk about all the Riders that are supposed to be seen and they aren't on the list. Which would hold with with Toei's rule of thumb about adaption products being locked to what was available when production started, with some reasonable edits.

True. Maybe there will be DLC for the other Zero-One riders and Saber.

Edited by Wavergray

1 hour ago, Wavergray said:

Saban did not do Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, it was another company named Adness Entertainment. It was a really good show.

Saban thought about adapting Kamen Rider as "Power Rider" (To go with Power Ranger), but nothing ever came of it. As of now the licensing rights in the US for both Super Sentai (power rangers) and Kamen Rider belong to Hasbro (the toy company).

You are correct, my memory was faulty there!

Interestingly, I remembered Power Rider first being pitched using Decade. Looking it up again, I keep finding chatter about a Zi-O adaption being shot next year for eventual release on Netflix, but no sources.

They've been doing Asian English releases since Climax Fighters so it's at least selling which is nice. It's a shame we don't get English Premium Sound editions but I can understand why. At least you can import the Japanese Premium Sound Edition on Switch this time and it should be in English based on the eShop listing.

12 hours ago, Wavergray said:

It will be interesting to see if we actually get a good Kamen Rider for once. The last 4 or so have been okay at best.

Based on the gameplay footage we've seen I wouldn't get my hopes up. It'll probably be better than Climax Fighters and Climax Scramble but probably not better than that. It doesn't look like it'll even reach the heights of All Kamen Rider Generation, Battride War, Super Climax Heroes, SNES, or Seigi no Keifu. If anything it'll be the foundation for a properly good sequel rather than a good game on its own.

Enemies look very passive, movement looks clunkier than indie games attempting the same sort of combat, Riders have better movesets than in Battride War but it seems like it's really easy to get high combos, enemies did nothing in the footage we saw unless they were wielding guns, SSS requirements look laughably easy as the footage of W in the parking lot had him taking like eight hits and only making a 10 or 20 combo on two enemies and he still got it, and enemies all look like damage sponges with super armor if they're bigger than regular mooks.

I'm expecting "good" is as high as it will get and that's fine as long as the sequel pulls a Battride War 2 or a Super Climax Heroes and refines everything. Shame it wasn't W/OOO/Fourze though and also a shame it only has Sougo's actor as the returning VA when Shu and Renn returned multiple times to reprise OOO and W in games.

Edited by soliunasm

I'm happy I was able to pre order the standard edition, did look on the Singapore site and you had the option of buying the English sub of the premium, now it says its unavailable. while I'm not expecting big things, as this is only my 2nd rider game I played. I am looking forward to seeing Ankh again, OOO is one of my favourite Heisei riders, after Kuuga, Agito and faiz. I do want to take my sweet time on this, so hopefully it will last.

Is anyone here planning on doing a guide for the game?

16 hours ago, ninjagirl657 said:

I am looking forward to seeing Ankh again

About that.

Someone with more experience with past Rider games like this, think that will actually happen?

I recall reading reviews for Battride and Climax heroes complaining that we never see a proper henshin because the Riders step out in their base form by default. Something about either not being will to recreate the character actors in the game or being unwilling to do it.