DBZ0wnz

Empty promises, bad boosters.

42 posts in this topic

Im new to hunting, and this is not good. Sorry to hear mate!
Hope to be more lucky with my partner in crimes :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iAndysome said:

Im new to hunting, and this is not good. Sorry to hear mate!
Hope to be more lucky with my partner in crimes :)

Many years ago, I had no issues with boosting with strangers. online co-op games suck. I can recommend playing only single player games if you can help it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DBZ0wnz said:

Many years ago, I had no issues with boosting with strangers. online co-op games suck. I can recommend playing only single player games if you can help it.


I will, whats your favorite?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunate but these things happen. They seem to be very strict about ‘naming and shaming’ on this website so there isn’t anything you can do about it, just hope you are more lucky in the future 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so sorry people keep bailing on you while trying to do GTA IV. The greed over some virtual accomplishments, preferring it even returning the favor, and being a decent person. I really hope someone will help you out.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can give scores to people after a boosting session is over. I'm not sure if those scores matter though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you can do is chalk this up to experience, then move on and hope you have better luck next time :(.

 

5 minutes ago, Beware_Of_Bob said:

You can give scores to people after a boosting session is over. I'm not sure if those scores matter though.

That system hasn't been fully implemented yet so does absolutely nothing.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iAndysome said:


I will, whats your favorite?

Oh my dude, there so so many! If only I could nail just one game. I recommend playing anything you deem a good challenge and tough.

 

4 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

Unfortunate but these things happen. They seem to be very strict about ‘naming and shaming’ on this website so there isn’t anything you can do about it, just hope you are more lucky in the future 

Yeah, gotta roll with it aye.

 

5 minutes ago, PeachXHime said:

I'm so sorry people keep bailing on you while trying to do GTA IV. The greed over some virtual accomplishments, preferring it even returning the favor, and being a decent person. I really hope someone will help you out.

Hey, haha! The game is only 11 years old after all... Just looking for decent people to be friends with, such as yourself. Faith drops pretty fast when I come back to boosting, my first game.

 

8 minutes ago, Beware_Of_Bob said:

You can give scores to people after a boosting session is over. I'm not sure if those scores matter though.

Oh really, well I didn't see it and I do believe that too. Garbo people exist in the open in the gaming sessions.

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

All you can do is chalk this up to experience, then move on and hope you have better luck next time :(.

 

That system hasn't been fully implemented yet so does absolutely nothing.

Haha! Wow that is amazing and I'm barely surprised.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to see you deal with someone like that. Hope it doesn't happen again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a shame people feel it’s alright to use others and give nothing in return. I’d say these kind of people are in a very small minority when it comes to boosting though. I’ve fortunately never experienced it, when I’ve boosted in the past I’ve been lucky enough to find myself with people that will often go above and beyond to help everyone in the group achieve what they’re setting out for. Whether that be replaying co-op missions multiple times or repeating requirements for trophies even after they’ve done them for themselves etc.
 

And I always make sure to do the same, spending an extra bit of time on a game doesn’t matter if you can help people that are helping you. Try not to let one idiot put you off. I hope you find someone that will help get your trophies soon

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst I get that it could be open to abuse from people that just have grudges against each other (for either good or no reason), it baffles me that there is no way to flag a player like that as being a ‘bad sport’ or something similar.

 

I don’t tend to do a lot of boosting, but if I ever need to/choose to, I would rather know if the person I am getting in with is likely to dine & dash.
 

Edited by Forrest_01
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sucks. I’ve had something similar happen before in a handful of boosting groups, either making an excuse to leave once they’ve got their trophies or never returning for future sessions. Have to say though, yours sounds a lot worse because of how long and dull those GTA IV races are and because they were cowardly enough to block you. It’s unlikely you’ll come across many people like that again, but next time maybe insist on going first or take the wins in turns.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happens all one can do is move on. Btw if they were part of a boosting session you made on the site after the boosting session expires naturally you can leave negative feedback and mark they were not helpful.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Forrest_01 said:

Whilst I get that it could be open to abuse from people that just have grudges against each other (for either good or no reason), it baffles me that there is no way to flag a player like that as being a ‘bad sport’ or something similar.

 

I don’t tend to do a lot of boosting, but if I ever need to/choose to, I would rather know if the person I am getting in with is likely to dine & dash.
 


The big problem I have is only the people in the boost know what happens in a boosting session. No one else is monitoring it. Any one of them can come out and say anything they want and then the tags or labels stick and they’re judged by that and only that afterward.
 

Moderating what happens off this site is not something I think this site should be involving itself with. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DBZ0wnz said:

I just spent half my day helping this guy who has 2 accounts in gta4 and all I asked was for helping just idling for races. This heathen/negative misleading booster who I won't name unless you want it and as I helped him get this trophies it was my turn. As soon as he created the room, he started up the game then immediately blocked, deleted me and quit out. Now I haven't boosted in a Very long time but I reckon this should be something that should be looked at, good boosters/trophy hunters and the bad. So If we can down-vote and up-vote those people, the better idea who were boosting with, we can have a better idea who to look out or in regards for boosting in gaming sessions and/or in discord or something.
I don't want this to happen to anyone else and the feeling of being used to be on others shoulders. I did learn a lesson today that I won't forget in regards to trophy hunting.
If this could at least grow a seed, i'd be happy.
Thanks for reading.

Hey man, sorry to hear that happening to you. If you still need your races for AWP, hit me up, I'll afk them for you.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, unfortunately it happens.  I've been in so many boosting sessions where the guy who created the session never shows up or answers his messages, shows up 1/2 hour late with no explanation, starts the session but says we'll have to wait because his friends want to boost first in the session, the session leader goes on a rant screaming at everyone in the session, or leaves the session as soon as he get the trophy.  Sucks, but that is one of the problems with playing with real people.  It is what it is.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I like about Trueachievements' site: you can leave feedback after each session that translates into a +/- into your overall percentage score, giving you a little hint about anyone that joins a session with you in regards to his commitment to it.

 

But then again, a-holes are everywhere. Idiocy doesn't know of age, gender, nor nationality.

 

Hope you have better luck next time.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I like about trueachievements is their boosting session system. With the ability to give feedback after sessions are over it becomes useful when hosting sessions to weed out the bad gamers. If you host the session you can review people who join and let them in depending their feedback so you can reject the no showers, selfish gamers and trolls. 

 

Only negative with the feedback system is sometimes it can be abused. You can get down voted for no reason, whether it's jealousy or trolling which should be reviewed. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Hey man, sorry to hear that happening to you. If you still need your races for AWP, hit me up, I'll afk them for you.

 

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

 

I was boosting with some 'DaivRulez' guy last week. He stole my credit card, called me a poopie head and ate my baby.

 

Where can I give him a -1 rating?

 

EDIT: @DBZ0wnz I'll idle for you any time dude.

 

Faith in humanity restored!

Edited by PeachXHime
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaivRules said:


The big problem I have is only the people in the boost know what happens in a boosting session. No one else is monitoring it. Any one of them can come out and say anything they want and then the tags or labels stick and they’re judged by that and only that afterward.
 

Moderating what happens off this site is not something I think this site should be involving itself with. 

Yeah, I appreciate that it’s something that is quite widely open to abuse & almost impossible to manage - I wasn’t trying to suggest that “something must be done” whilst smashing my fist into my hand, but in an ideal world, it would be great to see something that would deter these people from being asshats. But I don’t know what that 'thing' would actually be.

 

That said, unfortunately it isn’t an ideal world & as others have suggested, the best deterrent is probably a ‘one for one’ scenario rather than giving everything up & letting them get what they want at the risk of you not. :dunno: 
 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.