Empty promises, bad boosters.

DBZ0wnz

I was always surprised how positive my experience with boosting on psnprofiles was but stories like that make me avoid boosting when I can. I just hope that experience didn't ruin your trust in the members here because most I have interacted with were nice and fair. Unfortunately there are some douchebags even here.

• Like 2

I've not had a bad in-game boosting experience so far (but I'm pretty new to boosting), But I've had 10x as many no shows as I've had sessions go ahead.

The reputation system needs another look at, currently, I check each player's profile to check their forum profile's reputation. I figure someone who has a decent positive reputation on the forums are more likely to show up and not try to swindle me as they have a reputation to uphold. Obviously, this doesn't always work as the majority of the people on this site only touch the forums to read not to contribute.

Not sure there is a great solution though. ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DBZ0wnz said:

I just spent half my day helping this guy who has 2 accounts in gta4 and all I asked was for helping just idling for races. This heathen/negative misleading booster who I won't name unless you want it and as I helped him get this trophies it was my turn. As soon as he created the room, he started up the game then immediately blocked, deleted me and quit out. Now I haven't boosted in a Very long time but I reckon this should be something that should be looked at, good boosters/trophy hunters and the bad. So If we can down-vote and up-vote those people, the better idea who were boosting with, we can have a better idea who to look out or in regards for boosting in gaming sessions and/or in discord or something.
I don't want this to happen to anyone else and the feeling of being used to be on others shoulders. I did learn a lesson today that I won't forget in regards to trophy hunting.
If this could at least grow a seed, i'd be happy.
Thanks for reading.

Many of us have thought about it. About having like a list of "flagged" or "toxic" people to avoid but the problem with this is that someone can report us back like lying or taking words out of context and sharing the messages received. So its better to have word of mouth and trust me it works. Since its not that big of a community, many of us know who to avoid. Thats just my Opinion.

Edited by EdgeGecko
  • Like 3

While I haven't had any truly terrible boosting sessions here, I used to use the gaming sessions on TT and TA (as others already mentioned) and found their feedback system to be a very, very welcome thing.  Again, as someone already said, the fact that it's a 'sliding scale', so you can effectively give positive feedback - not just negative - means that there's a lesser potential for abuse.  One bad session where a clown votes you down won't really affect you overall as people see the other 50+ positive ratings.

With all that said, I have found some really wonderful and helpful people on this site to boost with.  I rarely boost cause I hate online components in most games and often choose to just play something else instead, and often when I do play games with online components I just do it organically.  But occasionally when I want to boost or someone from here sees me playing the same game and simply reaches out to boost with me, it's been very enjoyable.  I still have most of those people on my friends list even though in many cases I haven't 'played a game with them' in years.  They were just quality people.  It sounds like you got one of the (semi?) rare clowns.  I feel like the more popular games with really active online game modes probably have the most awful people looking to exploit others to boost.  These aren't the normal adult gamers you find on this site looking for mutual help.  They're often the toxic and immature types you don't even want to be playing a game with in the first place.  I imagine the online community for GTA IV is made up of a greater percentage of those types than most other, casual games.  Maybe not though, I don't know.  I did GTA IV on 360 back in the day and have never tried it on PS3.  I had a good boosting partner for most of it, but we did exactly 1 for 1, and he had a lot of the races completed, so I spent a lot of time trying to win dozens of the races on my own.  It was hard enough to boost the other game modes with just the two of us, but having to do all those races was a nightmare, and I wasn't able to find another boosting partner.  So I was never interested in playing it again.  I'm surprised people are still playing it, actually.  Good luck to you finishing it up.  Hopefully you have better luck with future boosting partners.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I agree there's a lot of improvements that really need to be done for Gaming Sessions and people don't even use a lot of things in it correctly anymore or abuse the features (i.e. keep pushing the date back for 6+ months and no session actually taking place). Then there's the reputation system that was never fully completed.

The case you shared is frustrating, but when I'm in a session I always only lay out rules or agree to rules like taking turns, meaning he should have done Race 1 then you should have done Race 1 immediately after, then both of you do Race 2, and so on. Doing everything for one person first before moving to the next person always seems to result in some sort of mishap

Some trophies require a little bit of time for each person, like only the Host ones... Rocketbirds on the vita required I think 2-3 hours just so the host of the co-op would get the trophy, luckily I had a decent partner and I think we finished the same day or maybe the next, no one gets screwed when I’m playing with them

26 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Don't boost with randoms. 

I have a group of ~10 friends who all are from the same country and have multiple consoles. There is literally no boost we couldn't do. 

Well, that's not always as easy as you describe it. Litteraly no-one except one of my friends is a trophy hunter, over half of them only play on pc and most of my friends are also casuals. Boosting at some parts is just unavoidable.

My experiences with boosting have all been like this but to a lesser extreme, its always just people finding excuses to give themselves extra 'turns' per say and then bailing the second theirs is done, honestly just have a complete distrust of people's integrity thanks to it, if it can be done by myself even if it takes 1500 hours I would rather do that than play with others.  

56 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Don't boost with randoms. 

I have a group of ~10 friends who all are from the same country and have multiple consoles. There is literally no boost we couldn't do. 

That is the ideal position, something I want to get setup eventually! But I barely have aussie trophy hunters on my friendlist.

2 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

I've not had a bad in-game boosting experience so far (but I'm pretty new to boosting), But I've had 10x as many no shows as I've had sessions go ahead.

The reputation system needs another look at, currently, I check each player's profile to check their forum profile's reputation. I figure someone who has a decent positive reputation on the forums are more likely to show up and not try to swindle me as they have a reputation to uphold. Obviously, this doesn't always work as the majority of the people on this site only touch the forums to read not to contribute.

Not sure there is a great solution though. ?

A good setup and close tight communities and people who can speak your language is advisable, haha!.

3 hours ago, xDerErnst said:

I was always surprised how positive my experience with boosting on psnprofiles was but stories like that make me avoid boosting when I can. I just hope that experience didn't ruin your trust in the members here because most I have interacted with were nice and fair. Unfortunately there are some douchebags even here.

If reading all these positive responses wasn't enough, they are in the monitory and I do think the type of games does play it's hand with the bad players.

21 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

If they are on this site it wouldn't hurt if you just happened to write as a status on their page:

"Hi mate, I was helping you boost GTA IV last night and after you got everything you needed I believe you had to quit the game because of something urgent in real life, awful timing. You then accidentally blocked and deleted me, probably thinking I was someone else. I know it was an accident as I'm sure you would want to help me after all I did, anyway, If you could get back in touch we can finish what we started. Many thanks"

Then we could all just happen to have a look at who it was, no naming and shaming there, just trying to get to the bottom of what we're all sure was just a misunderstanding.

Good idea, I'll see what I can do. Hah!

20 hours ago, DaivRules said:

The big problem I have is only the people in the boost know what happens in a boosting session. No one else is monitoring it. Any one of them can come out and say anything they want and then the tags or labels stick and they’re judged by that and only that afterward.

Moderating what happens off this site is not something I think this site should be involving itself with. 

Yes Liars exist which ruin people with good morals.

18 hours ago, Helyx said:

I was boosting with some 'DaivRulez' guy last week. He stole my credit card, called me a poopie head and ate my baby.

Where can I give him a -1 rating?

EDIT: @DBZ0wnz I'll idle for you any time dude.

I'd rather be friends since I completed it with @hBLOXs Cheers!

17 hours ago, Ghanupher said:

That's what I like about Trueachievements' site: you can leave feedback after each session that translates into a +/- into your overall percentage score, giving you a little hint about anyone that joins a session with you in regards to his commitment to it.

But then again, a-holes are everywhere. Idiocy doesn't know of age, gender, nor nationality.

Hope you have better luck next time.

Yes and I believe I found some children with 200+ plats that deemed to me to be trust worthy but turned out the opposite.

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I agree there's a lot of improvements that really need to be done for Gaming Sessions and people don't even use a lot of things in it correctly anymore or abuse the features (i.e. keep pushing the date back for 6+ months and no session actually taking place). Then there's the reputation system that was never fully completed.

The case you shared is frustrating, but when I'm in a session I always only lay out rules or agree to rules like taking turns, meaning he should have done Race 1 then you should have done Race 1 immediately after, then both of you do Race 2, and so on. Doing everything for one person first before moving to the next person always seems to result in some sort of mishap

Yes, I was persistent with asking if I can do my races throughout the whole time too.
There is only organized with boosting, if not it isn't worth joining.

1 hour ago, xDerErnst said:

Well, that's not always as easy as you describe it. Litteraly no-one except one of my friends is a trophy hunter, over half of them only play on pc and most of my friends are also casuals. Boosting at some parts is just unavoidable.

Well since I am in the same group of friends and in beside I am the founder of a German speaking boosting group with around 70 people, I can tell you, how it works.

I started with randoms boosting as well, joined then a boosting group from someone else (a bigger group with around 40 people that time).

Boosted there different games and got to know people from the same country.

I kept boosting with different people from that group and got over recommendations and boosts with friends of them more people as friends.

Since the boosting group leader set up some strange rules after the time, I decided to create my own and asked the good ones to join my group. over hundreds of sessions I have now a great group with trustful people in :)

I can just recommend a bigger group, where you can sort out your friends you mainly boost with.

And with those friends we talk in a Party almost every day even without boosting and having fun. :P

29 minutes ago, DBZ0wnz said:

That is the ideal position, something I want to get setup eventually! But I barely have aussie trophy hunters on my friendlist.

I can recommend you jarethgeason as Aussie Hunter.

Great booster from my experience :)

Edited by jayboo1991
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jayboo1991 said:

We accept new members.

Requirements:

* Headset is a must

* You must speak german

If interested, write me a PM and lets chat in a Party a bit :) then we will see 270c.png

Those 2 Requirements arent a problem. I have a headset, and im from austria, so i speak kinda german ?

I will send you a PM and a PSN friend request. 

Some general questions though... Do you have a minimal attendance or whatever? Are you focused on specific games or do you just post somewhere what you want to boost and if somebody is up for it, they respond? We can talk about that via PM or party though! 

3 hours ago, gernboes said:

Those 2 Requirements arent a problem. I have a headset, and im from austria, so i speak kinda german ?

I will send you a PM and a PSN friend request. 

Some general questions though... Do you have a minimal attendance or whatever? Are you focused on specific games or do you just post somewhere what you want to boost and if somebody is up for it, they respond? We can talk about that via PM or party though! 

Let's talk about it in a party, that's easier I guess :)

1 hour ago, DBZ0wnz said:

Thank you jayboo! Sure sucks when RL friends only play on PC/Switch.

Yeah, definitly, but it's the same for me .. my friends are 95% from Germany, while I am from Austria :P