First Look at Trophies Pop on The PS5

Aranea Highwind

So.. I'm trying to figure out if what gregs saying is "it's a video clip now too" 

Because he said OBS got corrupted

Or is it just the screenshot? 

He doesn't just outright say video clip!  

Edit: It is a 15 second video clip 

That's awesome 

If it's a short compressed video, that's awesome!!! I would love to relive a moment. Minus 1 weird issue I'll add at the bottom. 

If it's just the screenshot.. 

Then, I like the overlay. Minus 1 weird issue I'll add to the bottom(same as video)  

The weird issue(for me),

There's the overlay, 

And then a few seconds later

There's the notification.... 

Why 2?

That's just redundant and unnecessary 

And a little annoying to be interrupted twice

Here's my theory

The notification in the top right is for PS4 games

And the overlay is for PS5 games 

But they haven't fixed the issue of both popping up on PS5 games

Or it was intentional and idk

Edited by Dav9834

21 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

YNaT3lb.png

2npylxQ.png

The popup window mirrors the PS3's, which is great. The full window can be seen again, unlike on PS4 where it just extends out from the side. The only thing missing is the home button. Besides that, this is a welcomed change.

Can't hear the audio effect well enough, though, so can't comment on that. ☹️

7 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

So.. I'm trying to figure out if what gregs saying is "it's a video clip now too" 

Because he said OBS got corrupted

Or is it just the screenshot? 

He doesn't just outright say video clip!  

Edit: It is a video clip 

If it's a short compressed video, that's awesome!!! I would love to relive a moment. Minus 1 weird issue I'll add at the bottom. 

If it's just the screenshot.. 

Then, I like the overlay. Minus 1 weird issue I'll add to the bottom(same as video)  

The weird issue(for me),

There's the overlay, 

And then a few seconds later

There's the notification.... 

Why 2?

That's just redundant and unnecessary 

And a little annoying to be interrupted twice

Here's my theory

The notification in the top right is for PS4 games

And the overlay is for PS5 games 

But they haven't fixed the issue of both popping up on PS5 games

Or it was intentional and idk

The overlay is when you are basically rewatching the video. It can be removed. The overlay can be used when you want to post it to Twitter. When you are playing the game, the overlay will not be there. There is no weird thing going on like overlay for PS5 games and notification for PS4 games. 

• Like 2

Just now, Noskillzpro407 said:

The overlay is when you are basically rewatching the video. It can be removed. The overlay can be used when you want to post it to Twitter. When you are playing the game, the overlay will not be there. There is no weird thing going on like overlay for PS5 games and notification for PS4 games. 

Oh ok then that is awesome! 

Though a small part of me wanted the overlay xD

But it would get in the way

Thanks for the clarification! 

3 minutes ago, YesImAPwnda said:

I will not fill my SSD full with these Videos...

I'd image it'd go to the external hdd if you have one, and they're probably compressed to all hell so I don't imagine them taking up a lot of space.... Unless I'm wrong and the engineers just f'ed up

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, YesImAPwnda said:

I will not fill my SSD full with these Videos...

25 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I'd image it'd go to the external hdd if you have one, and they're probably compressed to all hell so I don't imagine them taking up a lot of space.... Unless I'm wrong and the engineers just f'ed up

You can disable it. Confirmed by Greg Miller.

Screenshot-2020-10-27-Greg-Miller-Gets-H

So they went back to the right side of the screen for the trophy pops. That is fine with me. I just hope we have the option to change to the white banner. I prefer that over the black/grey one.

One question I have, how will PS4 trophies work with BC? will they still pop like they do on PS4 or will they adopt the the PS5 version?

The trophy pop-ups actually look a bit different during gameplay. As you can see, the PS button is still there.

7LMPYhW.png

I took that screenshot from the IGN video on Astro's Playroom. You also get to hear the new trophy pop sound much clearer in that video and I'm not a fan... The iconic trophy "bling" sound effect is gone it seems. New one sounds like what you'd hear after taking a screenshot on PS4.

It definitely looks a lot more like the PS3's trophy pop-up then PS4's which is fine I guess. I'll be disabling that video leading up the the trophy right away. Sounds like a good way to eat up your already very limited space on PS5, especially for trophy hunters.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, barra333 said:

This is going to make the work of the cheater removal team nice and easy - post the clip of you getting the trophy or GTFO.

Obvious troll but I'm totally disabling the feature until I am ready to unlock the platinum or a trophy that I'm satisfied with in the list, I don't give a fuck about anything else. The cheater removal team don't get paid at all so imagine how they'd feel needing to watch everyone's PS5 clips to verify them. 

• Like 4