Aranea Highwind

First Look at Trophies Pop on The PS5

49 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Sergen said:

 

Obvious troll but I'm totally disabling the feature until I am ready to unlock the platinum or a trophy that I'm satisfied with in the list, I don't give a fuck about anything else. The cheater removal team don't get paid at all so imagine how they'd feel needing to watch everyone's PS5 clips to verify them. 

 

I like your idea. No need to have a SSD full of easy trophy videos. I'd rather just hav it on for the harder trophies and platinum. Again that is a good idea.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do we just get the short video clip now or the screenshot as well?

No idea why they reverted back to the PS3 style image in the top right when the first PS4 one (before they changed it to the current place holder lacking in design style) is much better. Would be good if you got the old PS4 style trophy unlock when playing a PS4 game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is way better than PS4. There are virtually no lag at all for trophy pops. Compared to PS5, PS4 trophy pop is very generic and glitchy. It also a nice touch to upgrade the current picture of the trophy to a short clip of achieving it in the game. That jingle for the trophy pop too! 👌 This is very user friendly and another great feature the new UI has in store for us. This is awesome and so cool! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I just saw this. The trophy pop-up looks so much cooler than it does on the PS4. Can't wait to start earning trophies on the PS5... once I am able to get it. I swear, it's almost impossible to find a pre-order! :(

18 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

One question I have, how will PS4 trophies work with BC? will they still pop like they do on PS4 or will they adopt the the PS5 version?

I know when you stream PS3 games on PS Now, the trophies pop like they do for the PS3 version. So I'm sure that if you can play PS4 games on the PS5 the PS5 will have them pop like if you were playing on the PS4, no change. And to be fair, that's fine with me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CJ-Olly6 said:

Yeah, I just saw this. The trophy pop-up looks so much cooler than it does on the PS4. Can't wait to start earning trophies on the PS5... once I am able to get it. I swear, it's almost impossible to find a pre-order! :(

I know when you stream PS3 games on PS Now, the trophies pop like they do for the PS3 version. So I'm sure that if you can play PS4 games on the PS5 the PS5 will have them pop like if you were playing on the PS4, no change. And to be fair, that's fine with me.

 

I know PS3 trophies pop the same way when using PSnow. I've played one PS3 game through PSNow. It was just a question I had on my mind. It will be fine if PS4 games still pop like they do on PS4. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved it!
The image schema, the recording video template and the softer unlocking sound!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 10:02 AM, barra333 said:

This is going to make the work of the cheater removal team nice and easy - post the clip of you getting the trophy or GTFO.

 

Pretty bold to assume cheating will happen in PS5 anytime soon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichMasteR said:

 

Pretty bold to assume cheating will happen in PS5 anytime soon

There will be people trying from day 1. How long it takes them to succeed is a different discussion...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused.  The first trophy pop, at the bottom of the screen, is what?  Is the game anticipating the player finding that puzzle piece around the corner and then popping the actual trophy, which is the trophy pop in the upper corner?  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IntroPhenom said:

I'm confused.  The first trophy pop, at the bottom of the screen, is what?  Is the game anticipating the player finding that puzzle piece around the corner and then popping the actual trophy, which is the trophy pop in the upper corner?  

No, it appears the that the banner at the bottom is part of the replay clip the PS5 saves. Only the upper right notification should be seen in gameplay.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barra333 said:

No, it appears the that the banner at the bottom is part of the replay clip the PS5 saves. Only the upper right notification should be seen in gameplay.

 

Ah!  That makes sense.  Thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit off topic eeeehh, but I always wanted to record the trophy popping with the built-in record function instead of using a video capture device. I wonder if they could add that to PS4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly unrelated but how likely is it that the Astrobot game will have peripheral based trophies like the PS4 playroom did? Don't want to buy a camera and a VR headset in order to get the platinum. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Slightly unrelated but how likely is it that the Astrobot game will have peripheral based trophies like the PS4 playroom did? Don't want to buy a camera and a VR headset in order to get the platinum. 

Crystal ball out for repair, ask again in 2 weeks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barra333 said:

Crystal ball out for repair, ask again in 2 weeks.

Good one. Except for the part where I said "how likely?" and not "will it?"

 

Read the question first, then comment.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Good one. Except for the part where I said "how likely?" and not "will it?"

 

Read the question first, then comment.

My answer stands. We really don't know 'how likely' it is there will be a peripheral related trophy until the list publishes or a reviewer mentions something specific. Just like other places I've seen the 'how likely is there to be a PS5 pro?' Who knows?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, snakebit10 said:

So they went back to the right side of the screen for the trophy pops. That is fine with me. I just hope we have the option to change to the white banner. I prefer that over the black/grey one.

 

One question I have, how will PS4 trophies work with BC? will they still pop like they do on PS4 or will they adopt the the PS5 version?

Do you mean like if you get a trophy on ps5 with a ps4 game?, if so I'd assume they would just use the ps5 version of getting a trophy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Slightly unrelated but how likely is it that the Astrobot game will have peripheral based trophies like the PS4 playroom did? Don't want to buy a camera and a VR headset in order to get the platinum. 

I would say not-likely. Astro’s Playroom is specifically made to showcase the controller. The Playroom on PS4 was made to showcase the PS4’s camera. That tech demo obviously required a camera. This, though, showcases the controller’s new features, and obviously a controller is included with the system. I don’t think it will need more peripherals. Max it could possibly require is a second controller if it’s co-op but I haven’t seen anything about it being multiplayer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Exeshow678 said:

Do you mean like if you get a trophy on ps5 with a ps4 game?, if so I'd assume they would just use the ps5 version of getting a trophy

 

Yes that is what i am asking. If you are playing a PS4 game on PS5 and pop a trophy. Will it pop like it does on PS4 or the new way on PS5?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snakebit10 said:

 

Yes that is what i am asking. If you are playing a PS4 game on PS5 and pop a trophy. Will it pop like it does on PS4 or the new way on PS5?

Yes, I don't know for certain, but I'm gonna say it's probably gonna pop with the new way for PS5

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we change the trophy pop sound to the older one? this one is not nearly as satisfying.😩

Edit:

Or was that the sound of that thing he collected?

Edited by SnizelPS
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barra333 said:

My answer stands. We really don't know 'how likely' it is there will be a peripheral related trophy until the list publishes or a reviewer mentions something specific. Just like other places I've seen the 'how likely is there to be a PS5 pro?' Who knows?

Well, your answer wasn't an answer, it was a snarky dig. Your response here would have sufficed in the first place.

 

1 hour ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

I would say not-likely. Astro’s Playroom is specifically made to showcase the controller. The Playroom on PS4 was made to showcase the PS4’s camera. That tech demo obviously required a camera. This, though, showcases the controller’s new features, and obviously a controller is included with the system. I don’t think it will need more peripherals. Max it could possibly require is a second controller if it’s co-op but I haven’t seen anything about it being multiplayer.

Good point. I never even booted up The Playroom cause I never had a camera. From what I've seen, Astro's Playroom feels like a fully fledged game rather than just a tech demo. Excited to check it out none the less.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.