PS5 Trophy sound

waltdisneypixar

18 minutes ago, Isamu_Kanashii said:

Well that sound was underwhelming. Wonder if the pitch is different with silvers and golds? Then for plats its the sound we all know?

Not seen yet (in work) but saw this comment and the prospect of different pitches for different values is actually a really awesome idea. Rare Xbox achievements have a different sound and pop up and its always that little bit more satisfying!

Update: Just seen. The visual pop up is much cleaner than PS4, but the sound isn't very satisfying. Sounds really dull.

12 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I've seen better popups on a malware site.

Seriously, everything I've seen on the PS5 is aesthetically diabolical. The XMB was very ugly, the trophy notifications likewise. The sound is a huge stepback from PS3 too. 

Controversial opinion possibly, but I think the PS3 UI > PS4 UI when you ignore things like resolution. Something iconic about that original interface and its so much cleaner/neater. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

Huh. Didn't think they'd ever change it.

It doesn't stand out because it kinda blends in to the sound effects and music of the game. I saw a trophy pop (for getting 1 collectible) in a couple of other videos, and I could barely hear it or notice it over the sound effects of Astro getting the collectible.

If you want to see it:

In this one, I couldn't hear the notification at all.

As much as I love the trophy sound for two generations of consoles, I’m fine with the smooth and discret sound they’re trying to attempt. Sometimes, changes have to happen.

And the notification is good too, reminds me the PS3 a lot.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

46 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Controversial opinion possibly, but I think the PS3 UI > PS4 UI when you ignore things like resolution. Something iconic about that original interface and its so much cleaner/neater. 

Absolutely. The PS3 XMB was excellent. The trophy list was also excellent. Looked very minimalist but very professional; simplicity done right. There was something so much more fulfilling about seeing the platinum trophy icon next to a game on the PS3 list too. Loved the trophy notifications and sound. Loved the friends list. The console feels slow nowadays but aesthetically it was wayyyy better than the PS4 and PS5. The PS5 looks aesthetically disastrous. 

• Like 1