PS5 Trophy sound

waltdisneypixar

19 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

dude, it's a trophy site and it's a real concern to have

just stop, people can have opinions and this a valid one to have

ย 

Never, at any point, ever, said people couldn't have opinions.

A little sound change being a "Real concern" though?ย Yeah okay pal, I personally look at much bigger issues as real concerns but you do you.ย 

I guess I'll have to just avoid forums talking about changes, too much crying and oversensitivity.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 2

Old sound was kinda addicting, new one I'll get used to.

ย 

The real topic is trophies used to have a screenshot, now its a 10s video.. that's absolutely fantastic for content creators and guide makers but going to fill up the storageย so goddamn fast,ย I'm hoping we can disable the video function or at the very least save all videos to cloud storage automatically.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xDerErnst said:

Is nobody allowed to share their opinion now? What does it matter to you? Why don't you just ignore this post?

Agreed. Iโ€™d get it if people were acting like itโ€™s the end of the world or trying to start a godforsaken petition to change it, but it seems like nowadays even mild criticism about something gets met with someone blowing up about it.ย Since this isย a site that revolves around trophies, I donโ€™t really find it that pedantic that thereโ€™s a thread about the upcoming systemโ€™s trophy sound.

• Like 3

Obnoxious some say, in a trophy website???? Oh please.

I even remember people saying that if they wouldn't hear that (simple, insignificant, futile, boring, -add any other adjective you please-) they wouldn't know about trophies, and that it was very cool to hear that as part of the accomplishment.

It's something iconic, it's something that has accompanied us (ps3 owners) since more than a decade.

I agree with user that said it could be cool to have many at hand so we can choose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

I have the ps3 trophy ping as my message tone on my phone so im getting trophies everytime someone txts me :)

ย 

now i just need IRL friends to test it

ย 

2 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

ย 

Same lolย 

ย 

ย irl?

Edited by waltdisneypixar

23 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Can confirm... it's a sound.

Kinda hilarious that there's a thread about this.
ย 

Here's another. Though Greggo is showing off the video recording when earning a trophy feature. Another way for the PS5 to quickly run out of storage. WOOHOO!

ย 

Oh great. So, instead of having a screenshot of a black screen, we can have a recording of a black screen!

• Like 4

On 10/28/2020 at 1:20 PM, Valyrious said:

Another way for the PS5 to quickly run out of storage. WOOHOO!

ย 

You can disable it so no worries there.