PS5 Trophy sound

waltdisneypixar

and I thought the ps5 trophies pop up sound will depend on the game you'r playing, I mean for an example if you're playing sonic the hedgehog the tropines pop up will gonna sounds like when you collected a ring or a chaos emerald and when you play spiderman miles morales the trophy will have web shooting sound....

guess I was asked for too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fine with the new sound, but it really needs to be louder. Usually it's barely noticeable when there's background music and sound effects going at the same time.

Volume options, and maybe customizable sound, would be awesome.

Since they can't do traditional themes (background image), they should do audio-focused themes. Use sound effects from x game for menu noises and notifications. Actually, some PS4 themes already modified menu noises. Should be doable!!!

I’ve been playing my PS5 for days now and I honestly haven’t heard a sound at all when they pop. If there is a sound playing it’s completely dominated by the in game audio at the time.

I only noticed this cause I have the XSX as well and you can still clearly hear the achievement popping sound on that console.

While not a deal breaker, I am def missing the sound effect a bit.

• Like 2

This is odd. The notification plays a generic sound, but if you go back and watch the new trophy videos that get saved, it plays the classic trophy ding. I can only assume it's a bug and the generic notification sound is playing over the top of the actual trophy sound. 

I set my notifications to last longer so I won't miss earning a trophy because I cannot hear the PS5 "ding" unless the game is nearly dead silent. I had no trouble hearing trophies pop on PS4 unless it was during an extremely loud part of a game. A simple option for notification volume would be lovely. 

Edited by Killbomb

• 4 weeks later...
On 27.10.2020 at 4:26 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

People are asking for a switch for the old PS3 or PS4 sounds, but why not go further? Give us like 20 options for the sound of a trophy popping.

I mean, I want to hear explosion noises when I earn a trophy. One that'll scare the neighbors, you know. Playing My Name is Mayo should sound like the 4th of July (in the US) in my living room.

Just my two cents.

I actually had the same thought. Kinda like you can change many sounds on your smartphone for incoming messages etc. Doesn't strike me as something that's too high-tech for a PS5. Of course it doesn't break the gaming experience to have a new (underwhelming) sound but then again wouldn't it screem more next gen if we could actually customize our little trophy pings?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is there anyway to turn up or change the trophy pop sound ? If a trophy pops and there's other sounds going on I can't even hear it.

I've had a number of times I had to check my notifications if I had even got a trophy.

I really miss the PS3 and PS4 sound. The trophy sound used to give me a dopamine kick. The PS5 trophy dings  suck.

• Like 1