About the 'Achiever' trophy...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

In case this helps anyone...it looks like 2 playthroughs is fine. I was solo my first run through the game, no issues with collectibles or anything else. I figured since I was at 79/80 the final mission would unlock Achiever. It did not....turns out I was missing the side mission Reunited(very easy to miss!). On my 2nd run for the co-op stuff, and once I got to chapter 12 I completed Family Ties then went to the Makeshift Hospital. Up the stairs, in a bed, is a woman you can investigate...this will start the mission Reunited. I got Achiever by just starting the mission in the 2nd run, didn't even have to complete it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2022 at 7:22 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

In case this helps anyone...it looks like 2 playthroughs is fine. I was solo my first run through the game, no issues with collectibles or anything else. I figured since I was at 79/80 the final mission would unlock Achiever. It did not....turns out I was missing the side mission Reunited(very easy to miss!). On my 2nd run for the co-op stuff, and once I got to chapter 12 I completed Family Ties then went to the Makeshift Hospital. Up the stairs, in a bed, is a woman you can investigate...this will start the mission Reunited. I got Achiever by just starting the mission in the 2nd run, didn't even have to complete it.

Interesting. I have a feeling the game doesn’t count one side mission properly, or there is one simply left over? I’m playing through right now, my first run. I have not hopped onto the boat to complete the game yet, but I did get Achiever to pop.

The funny thing is, I had randomly found the unmarked Reunited quest when I was clicking on stuff inside the Makeshift Hospital. I completed that quest, and I also eventually unlocked the ER side mission.

After completing all other side missions, including the Dead Zone boss monsters for their side quests too, Achiever unlocked. At that point, the ONLY side quest I had not completed yet was ER.

It’s funny, since it seems like that side quest only had to be started to count as well. I seem to recall worrying that my count was glitched, because I didn’t see the count go up when I completed the Reunited quest. Maybe certain quests don’t count up at the end, just the beginning?

Or I’m thinking the game just counts 80 side quests regardless, as there seems to be one side quest left over no matter what. I’m still not sure why Reunited isn’t marked?

The end of the game also doesn’t seem to count, as I avoided getting on the boat and finishing the game, since I’m still hunting for collectibles and combat trophies.

If it makes any difference, I did the prologue level on the ship solo, as there is not a coop option. I did the first mission solo as well when you arrive at the survivor village and clear it out. Everything else so far has been in coop, with just one partner (the same person).

Edited by SmileSlice
Corrected spelling and grammar.

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2022 at 7:22 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I'm assuming this is it for me. Would it count if I joined someone's game towards the end to get this quest? I'll probably just blitz through the story since I still need XP anyway, but since it said 79/80 I assumed the final quest was 80.

9 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm assuming this is it for me. Would it count if I joined someone's game towards the end to get this quest? I'll probably just blitz through the story since I still need XP anyway, but since it said 79/80 I assumed the final quest was 80.

Worth a try I guess, but I suspect finding someone on that mission specifically would be difficult. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, doesn't this game get a bit buggy in co-op?

It's been a while since I played it...I kinda remember the story goes pretty quickly when you skip all the side content though.

16 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Worth a try I guess, but I suspect finding someone on that mission specifically would be difficult. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, doesn't this game get a bit buggy in co-op?

It's been a while since I played it...I kinda remember the story goes pretty quickly when you skip all the side content though.

It was the Reunited Quest. The guide probably should have put a bit more focus on that one.

• Like 1