ONE MORE LIST ACCEPTED!

The six endings aren't nearly as intimidating as you make them sound -- assuming the game is near-identical to the PS2 version, you can keep a couple of save files at key points and blow through the remainder of the game rather than replaying the game several times over.  From my experiences, I'd probably suggest playing through entirely once, and then knocking out the other five endings on NG+ when you can carry some pretty keen advantages with you to make things go quickly (such as a Compendium with some high-end creatures to summon).

100% compendium and 100% magatama is grindy, but not excessively so like some other titles.  Playing on hard difficulty is more intimidating than it sounds unless you combine it with some of the challenges out there that people came up with to keep themselves entertained.  (I've done one of the latter; you can find some documentation of the experience if you know where to look.)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, acasser said:

The six endings aren't nearly as intimidating as you make them sound -- assuming the game is near-identical to the PS2 version, you can keep a couple of save files at key points and blow through the remainder of the game rather than replaying the game several times over.  From my experiences, I'd probably suggest playing through entirely once, and then knocking out the other five endings on NG+ when you can carry some pretty keen advantages with you to make things go quickly (such as a Compendium with some high-end creatures to summon).

True, I guess full playthroughs aren't required. But still, huge chunks of the game will still need to be replayed, so it should be a 100-150 hour plat. That being said, I wonder how the endings are tracked. If they all need to be done on the same save file, it would be rough. 

I assumed all endings and 100% compendium and Magatama were going to be required for the platinum. I skipped out on true demon ending on hard because this was one of my first SMT games. Now I can't wait to tackle it. Any clue if they're adding more demons? Coming from recently playing IV: A and Nocturne has way less demons so it'll make it feel slightly barebones.

Here's an honest question. I've never been able to get into the Persona series because of all the real world social sim stuff. I enjoyed the regular gameplay though and always felt like I was missing out.

So should I try SMT? Or should I just cut my losses with that whole universe of games?

3 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Here's an honest question. I've never been able to get into the Persona series because of all the real world social sim stuff. I enjoyed the regular gameplay though and always felt like I was missing out.

So should I try SMT? Or should I just cut my losses with that whole universe of games?

Yeah, there's no social stuff here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

Is it worth my time though? I know it's not quite as beloved as Persona.

Either way, I think I'm gonna roll the dice on it lol.

Kinda hard to recommend it or not since there's no game quite like it.

Don't think there's an RPG out there that makes you feel lonely the way this one does.

It's not story heavy and it can be a hard game even if you know what you're doing.

If that sounds fun to you, bite.

There is a PS3 version for it on PSN, as a PS2 Classic. If you wanna try it for a bit cheaper, maybe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TenebraZero said:

I have read the Trophy list on english. What's the puzzle boy challenge? I have played Nocturne back in the days on ps2 but i don't Remember anything of that challenge.

It's this puzzle mini game where you control Pyro Jack in a top-down perspective and push blocks around. It takes ages to beat all the levels and it's quite difficult without a guide. You get a magatama for beating all the levels.

Anyway, the trophy list looks fun. Pretty much covers nearly everything the game has to offer except the Burial Chambers which were a boss-rush mode. I heard you can change the difficulty now that they added an easy mode in, I wonder if you can change the difficulty at the final boss and collect the hard mode trophy? I hope not to be honest because the game is really fun on hard mode and that would trivialise people playing on it.

Edited by Mayadome

5 hours ago, Mayadome said:

I heard you can change the difficulty now that they added an easy mode in, I wonder if you can change the difficulty at the final boss and collect the hard mode trophy?

Most developers will not allow you to cheese those difficulty related trophies if you try to do that tactic since it'll void such trophies, so hopefully this game will follow suit as well.

8 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Keep in mind that the only thing the two have in common is the demon compendium and fusion. Nocturne has press turn instead of one more, demons as partners instead of friends, a whole different style of soundtrack, no Psy or Nuke elements, a world map, post-apoptotic setting, etc.

12 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

That being said, I wonder how the endings are tracked. If they all need to be done on the same save file, it would be rough. 

Probably not.  The "get all endings" trophies likely checks the trophies for individual endings and pops when you have all of them.  That's the way it usually works for pretty much every other title.

13 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I would say yes. The game reminds me more of earlier Persona entries. It can be annoying; enemies often spam insta-deth. But I still enjoyed this game quite a bit on the PS2, and I hope this heralds some more remasters from that era (a lot of people probably want to see Digital Devil Saga, though I would honestly, prefer Devil Summoner Raidou).

To get all endings on ps2 i followed a guide. I you make certain choices you could make savefile to play few events before the end of the game and still see many endings without playing all over again. Still the satan ending requieres was very hard to get.

On 10/28/2020 at 1:47 PM, Mayadome said:

It's this puzzle mini game where you control Pyro Jack in a top-down perspective and push blocks around. It takes ages to beat all the levels and it's quite difficult without a guide. You get a magatama for beating all the levels.

Anyway, the trophy list looks fun. Pretty much covers nearly everything the game has to offer except the Burial Chambers which were a boss-rush mode. I heard you can change the difficulty now that they added an easy mode in, I wonder if you can change the difficulty at the final boss and collect the hard mode trophy? I hope not to be honest because the game is really fun on hard mode and that would trivialise people playing on it.

I have the HK version and only Normal or Hard are available.

Is it just me or the "Maxed out all stats for the Demi-fiend" trophy sounds like a grindfest? I don't even remember how you can improve stats that much (do you still level-up after hitting 99 or it's in another SMT?)

Edited by jlojlo1