What do you think about this game?

Maahniac

Is this a "fun" game? Is it a good horror game? Does it have good scares, atmosphere, etc. And how is the Platinum journey? Looks like there's a lot of collectibles, which is alright. I'm curious if it's an Outlast-esque horror game, or if it's more on the walking simulator-side of horror?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd have to say the game is ok from the standpoint of just playing it.  It really is shit when it comes to having to follow a guide to find all the collectibles because the entire game looks the same and it's easy to get confused even when watching a guide which you pretty much have to do the entire playthrough  for the collectibles.  The guides will be about 2-1/2 hours for the collectibles but realistically with all the pausing and literally in areas having to watch the video so closely it might take you 8 hours to get through it.   it's tedious and not worth it for the trophies which is why the platinum percentage is as low as it is.  The game is no harder than a telltale game but has a much lower percentage of people following through with the game.  I was a fan of the movies back in the day but i really don't get that nostalgic feel from [playing the game it really doesn't feel as if though it is a continuation or follow up to any of the original stories in any way to me.  So if that is what you are looking for i'd pass.  the game is taking me way longer than it should because it's a chore to play. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I think this is a pretty bad game, to be honest. Bloober just isn't that deft at making effective horror in both the gameplay and story departments. Shining the light on foes while looking where the dog is looking is clever, but sneaking around only to die in one hit isn't since the tension immediately evaporates. There's also nothing to really do mechanically either, which means there's also no reason to explore.

The story is also clumsy and hamfisted and not something that I want to see from a developer who is likely making a Silent Hill game. The morality thing is horribly implemented, too, as it isn't clear that your actions (like destroying effigies or picking up totems) are even bad. It's just so sloppy.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez