Update 1.07

AJ_Radio

This was mentioned already in the DOOM 1 subforums, but in case anybody didn’t see it, a recent update has changed Nightmare difficulty to reflect the original DOS game. 

Pinkies are now far more aggressive and faster, among other things. 

I think I’m going to just throw in the towel and admit defeat.

Well played game developers. Well played. GG.

There is a method to downgrade ps4 games to specific patches. Here is a link to the patch 1.06: (http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA15566_00/8/f_58420ce0ff858d7a29db6502dbd39ad11c60ce6651df5ddeb1db46f3d15d82ad/f/EP1003-CUSA15566_00-DOOMTWO199400000-A0106-V0100.json). Should probably work , I will try it today. Here is a method: 

20 hours ago, Anton_games337 said:

There is a method to downgrade ps4 games to specific patches. Here is a link to the patch 1.06: (http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA15566_00/8/f_58420ce0ff858d7a29db6502dbd39ad11c60ce6651df5ddeb1db46f3d15d82ad/f/EP1003-CUSA15566_00-DOOMTWO199400000-A0106-V0100.json). Should probably work , I will try it today. Here is a method: 

Good strategy. Can you get a link to patch 1.03 - 1.04?

I tried doing the 1.00 method and when I booted up the game I got a screen telling me I needed to make an account over at Bethesda.net. I already have an account over there but there is absolutely nothing I can find that will allow me to link up. Plus, I have to play offline anyway because the PS4 keeps telling me to update to the latest version because of the "multiplayer" option in DOOM 2.

I can definitely earn the trophy and the platinum if Nightmare was locked at 20 - 30 FPS and you can pause. With update 1.06 the developers increased the framerate to 60 FPS, and you can't pause the game in Nightmare Co-Op, making it more difficult because projectiles like the Imp fireballs move quicker.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Good strategy. Can you get a link to patch 1.03 - 1.04?

I tried doing the 1.00 method and when I booted up the game I got a screen telling me I needed to make an account over at Bethesda.net. I already have an account over there but there is absolutely nothing I can find that will allow me to link up. Plus, I have to play offline anyway because the PS4 keeps telling me to update to the latest version because of the "multiplayer" option in DOOM 2.

I can definitely earn the trophy and the platinum if Nightmare was locked at 20 - 30 FPS and you can pause. With update 1.06 the developers increased the framerate to 60 FPS, and you can't pause the game in Nightmare Co-Op, making it more difficult because projectiles like the Imp fireballs move quicker.

Did not know about it. Is it true about Doom 1? (orbispatches.com) - here are a lot of patches of the variety of different games. Right click the Piece 0 link and choose copy link address. Then change .pkg to .json at the end. I will need to downgrade it once again because I already successfully downgraded both dooms to 1.06. Turned off the internet and was able to play the game without irritating popping screen like you sad. They fixed the Bethesda account screen glitch in some of the patches. Also, which patch is better 1.03, 1.04 or 1.05?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anton_games337 said:

Did not know about it. Is it true about Doom 1? (orbispatches.com) - here are a lot of patches of the variety of different games. Right click the Piece 0 link and choose copy link address. Then change .pkg to .json at the end. I will need to downgrade it once again because I already successfully downgraded both dooms to 1.06. Turned off the internet and was able to play the game without irritating popping screen like you sad. They fixed the Bethesda account screen glitch in some of the patches. Also, which patch is better 1.03, 1.04 or 1.05?

Any of those would work I think.

Honestly anything before 1.07 is better, because Nightmare Co-op is far too difficult to handle now.

UPDATE: 1.05 is a patch which introduced 60 FPS experience.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Any of those would work I think.

Honestly anything before 1.07 is better, because Nightmare Co-op is far too difficult to handle now.

With patches before 1.05 you will have to play all episode levels in a row and will not have a possibility to start a level separately from the others. That's why I will probably stay on 1.06 with 60 FPS 

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Ok I’ll test out your link. Haven’t had time but I will try tonight.

This link didn't work for me, at least for the first time. Try this one: http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA15565_00/7/f_44cc0e893c12b66b105366dc1d033569e7ff95274862db64e4ff5827c175cec4/f/EP1003-CUSA15565_00-DOOM199300000000-A0106-V0100.json 

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Ok I’ll test out your link. Haven’t had time but I will try tonight.

Make sure you fill in right parts of this link to the right places. Compare with example of 1.08 link above in Charles 

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I can confirm Method 1 in the 1.00 digital games thread does work, but you may need to make a few attempts. 

I’m not familiar with Charles, so I’ll have to tinker with it a bit.

Charles method is even easier, ask what you don't understand, I will explain. You said that game on 1.0 version do not allow you to play because of Bethesda account screen glitch, so it is not necessary to try as I understand

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I've just noticed that this game got a v1.09 update during the past few days. But what does it include? Not even a single gaming website is talking about it.

DOOM Classic didn't get the update though.

It's just a minor bug fix for Doom and Doom 2 - it doesn't affect any of the trophies, nor does it make the games easier: https://orbispatches.com/CUSA15565

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I've just noticed that this game got a v1.09 update during the past few days. But what does it include? Not even a single gaming website is talking about it.

DOOM Classic didn't get the update though.

orbispatches which list the PS4 included patch notes:

Fixed issues when playing offline.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kapomimo903 said:

So should I let the game download the new update? Or keep playing offline on update 1.08?Is it possible to downgrade from 1.09 to 1.07 or whatever is the best update where nightmare mode is easier? Sry for the mess lol

If you're on 1.08, you are already way beyond the point where the trophy was doable solo so you may as well install the 1.09 patch since it does nothing of consequence. If you want to downgrade your game, you have to use the proxy server exploit: 

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1