PUPPETER'S PS3-PROJECT

Puppeter04

Hello pals, how you doing? 

I'm not sure at all of doing this, but here I go.

If you know me, or have seen my profile, you probably know what this is about, if not, I'll let you know:

Hi, I'm Puppeter, known before as gamer230798, or my flesh-and-blood version Lucy. I'm a 22 years old woman. I'm not going to talk much about my private life.

I've been a gamer since I was 3 years old (NES, Mega Drive, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, PS3, Wii, PS4), portables (N. GameBoy, NDS, NDSxL, N3DS, PSP). Yes, I grew up between all this, I don't have any siblings but my parents also played. My mom's fav game is KH for PS2, and my dad's BTF3 for PS3 (I didn't ask them about past gens)

I decided to start this PS3-journey in March of this year 2020 due to the confinement. I was an online type of gamer, and didn't care about trophies but this changed.
So since March, I've set aside online games and focus on offline (you know what happens with PS3 servers) with a second account (this one) I had on my PS3. I use my main on PS4 (not for trophy hunt, I keep playing just online there)

My main goal is to be 1st on my country PS3 ranking, little by little, I'm not in a rush (I know we don't care much about the ranking here but is something to keep me motivated, now 989# [31st Dec2020). Maybe I start putting PS4 games (hunting) here before I reach my goal or maybe not, we''ll see. Oh, I follow a certain order: Random number generator - See what games corresponds to that number on my excel - play that game (or buy it and play it)
I like the fact of playing, I don't dislike any kind of game really. So, should we start?

PS: currently on plat #60. I'll keep updating

PS2: if you want me to talk about any game, my thoughts, why I give up on it, whatever, just let me know in the comments 

Of course any suggestions, constructive criticism... whatever, will be accepted :D

:platinum: PLATINUMS 1-10 :platinum:

S6edaa2.pngS1b95e4.pngSb06c77.pngSea41a6.pngS5893a6.png

S794786.pngS576691.pngS0b0e4e.pngSb84bd4.pngS3345c0.png

:platinum: PLATINUMS 11-20 :platinum:

S202572.pngS5c7830.pngS06d828.pngSb75d92.pngS281641.png

S0de3be.pngS2a6406.pngSd16db3.pngS6e5204.pngS7d9f85.png

:platinum: PLATINUMS 21-30 :platinum:

S2ca47e.pngS4c84b2.pngSf2fd1b.pngSc6d46b.pngS74dc4f.png

S836535.pngSd444fa.pngSffc7a5.pngSa8cea4.pngS1d5630.png

:platinum: PLATINUMS 31-40 :platinum:

S967aa7.pngS059bad.pngSc7c395.pngS6e0725.pngSa7bb39.png

Sa995be.pngSd92440.pngSb0b0d9.pngScb244e.pngS6706ee.png

The two games that can be hardly seen are: army of 2 the Devils' cartel and UP (pixar)

:platinum: PLATINUMS 41-50 :platinum:

S597637.pngSada80e.pngS37a601.pngS4d72f2.pngS5f133b.png

Sc6f334.pngS0dd59d.pngSdf4687.pngSbd0afc.pngS05c083.png

CURRENTLY WORKING ON

S9e7183.pngSd9dbf0.pngSb79ccc.pngS126bf5.png

Borderlands: Finished 1st playthrough last night, gonna do all DLC's before getting the plat and I'm stupid and could't take advantage of the med-kit glitch
Resistance 3, playthrough on superhuman left, some collectibles and misc.
4-DS ll: +20h in, loooooooooooong way to go, i don't even know how ppl can speedrun this

BACKLOG

S631ae5.pngS8e43e1.pngS4cfc1c.pngS38d959.pngS8be975.pngS3131eb.pngS3f1e16.pngSd16231.pngSbd3d20.png
          2%                    21%                   14%                41%                   4%                    14%                 19%                    21%                73%                 

Se797c4.pngSe9e045.pngS226f1c.pngS42395b.pngS9c6201.pngS0e2c29.pngS015afa.png
         62%                 12%                   14%                   17%                    19%                 12%                 4%

S8b9208.pngSc9dad3.png
        6%                   37%
It's funny how some games have so little percentage but I've played them for over 10+ hours

?% COMPLETED 

Se3be47.pngS859076.pngSfea0c7.pngSe94b93.png

S2612fb.pngS9e3425.pngSc46d8f.pngSf50f84.pngS93b0aa.png

?% BACKLOG

S9cf362.pngS8ae21c.pngSe3a008.png

I'M NOT GOING BACK TO THAT EVEN IF I WAS DRUNK aka HALL OF SHAME aka SERVERS ARE FUCKED and find ppl to boost is exhausting.

This is due glitches, effort, 4894 playtroughs, servers or whatever (mostly servers)

S7c72c8.pngS37dce7.pngS2e2b4f.pngSd30b93.pngS53dad8.pngS44b14b.pngS4ac826.pngS6f0e9c.pngS0886a6.pngSbbe646.pngSbac0c7.pngS24137e.pngS24d930.pngS961851.pngS14d5f8.pngSa15d71.pngS5560a8.pngS668783.pngSd02184.pngScb02e9.pngS394c9d.pngSf0396f.pngS1124f9.pngS550a43.pngS434cfd.pngS048570.pngSc6f427.pngS17a458.pngS35de56.pngS755193.pngS3aae28.pngS109561.pngSb6c0ca.png

Sce41c9.pngS60e665.pngS5b68e9.png
Black ops ll is the blank space hahaha

I'M GOING TO CONTINUE IN SEVERAL POSTS, 

I know that for you it is easier to see it compiled here but this is a kind of diary with myself

Edited by Puppeter04
  • Like 3

Hey, nice plats collection! Some really cool stuff like Assassins Creed II (proably my fav from the series) and Far Cry 3 (also my fav!). I also see some cool games on your backlog and even on your Hall of Shame. For your backlog, seriously, give The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom some love, really underrated game.

Don't know if you're into this stuff but there's currently an event about to start to help people on cleaning all or at least some part of our PS3 backlogs. I won't flood your topic with links or anything, but if you're interested its called The "Oh god the PS5 is coming out soon and I have so many PS3 games left" Event and you can easily find the thread on the Community Events section of the forums.

Cheers and good luck on your PS3 project!

Edited by evs_castro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, evs_castro said:

Hey, nice plats collection! Some really cool stuff like Assassins Creed II (proably my fav from the series) and Far Cry 3 (also my fav!). I also see some cool games on your backlog and even on your Hall of Shame. For your backlog, seriously, give The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom some love, really underrated game.

Don't know if you're into this stuff but there's currently an event about to start to help people on cleaning all or at least some part of our PS3 backlogs. I won't flood your topic with links or anything, but if you're interested its called The "Oh god the PS5 is coming out soon and I have so many PS3 games left" Event and you can easily find the thread on the Community Events section of the forums.

Cheers and good luck on your PS3 project!

Hey, AC ll and FC3 are my fav too! 

I didn't continue playing it bc it glitched and got a black screen. But i'll buy a new copy in your honor!

Yep, I saw the event a couple days ago maybe I should try it out, thanks for the recommendation :D

Looking forward to see a 100 on your profile!

• Like 1

Nice collection of games. 

I've heard many times about how glitchy is Saints row the third, i don't recall having many problems with it, bad you couldn't finish it :/, game is very funny.

For ps3 psn suggestions i would go with: kung fu rabbit, outland, stacking, blood knights, realms of ancient war.

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Nice collection of games. 

I've heard many times about how glitchy is Saints row the third, i don't recall having many problems with it, bad you couldn't finish it :/, game is very funny.

For ps3 psn suggestions i would go with: kung fu rabbit, outland, stacking, blood knights, realms of ancient war.

I've played blood knights and RoAW on PC ! maybe is time to play them all on PS, I'll write it down! Thank you

And yes :( the glitched ones.. well, I can't do anything about them, but the other...I would have had a lot of the platinums if I had cared about trophies when I first played... now servers are dead, or almost dead, but hey, there are a loooooooooot of games out there that are waiting to enjoy my collection :D

ps: it's also nice that we have some remasters without online trophies on PS4

Edited by Puppeter04

4 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Nice collection! I want to encourage you to give Mirror’s Edge a second shot though, it’s excellent.

It is, 2-3 playthroughs done, but the speedruns and that time challenges...  they take away my desire to get the plat :( I'm not that good 

22 minutes ago, Puppeter04 said:

I've played blood knights and RoAW on PC ! maybe is time to play them all on PS, I'll write it down! Thank you

And yes :( the glitched ones.. well, I can't do anything about them, but the other...I would have had a lot of the platinums if I had cared about trophies when I first played... now servers are dead, or almost dead, but hey, there are a loooooooooot of games out there that are waiting to enjoy my collection :D

ps: it's also nice that we have some remaster without online trophies on PS4

You also need some Lego games there ;) especially The Lord of the rings and pirates of the Caribbean.

And the rest of the God of War collection :)

21 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

You also need some Lego games there ;) especially The Lord of the rings and pirates of the Caribbean.

And the rest of the God of War collection :)

They will be in the collection shortly, the fact of following an order delays me but on the next page of my notebook there is a god of war and a LEGO game!!

tomorrow I have a flight back to my parents' house to see my grandmother who is ill (a rare and fast disease) so I visit them very often. I'm gonna be away for a week, I don't have any console there anymore so ... it's time for a little break! See you!:D 

29 minutes ago, Puppeter04 said:

They will be in the collection shortly, the fact of following an order delays me but on the next page of my notebook there is a god of war and a LEGO game!!

tomorrow I have a flight back to my parents' house to see my grandmother who is ill (a rare and fast disease) so I visit them very often. I'm gonna be away for a week, I don't have any console there anymore so ... it's time for a little break! See you!:D 

Oh ok, I hope your grandma feels well soon, have a nice family time. :)

Day 3 after doing this trophy-checklist: 

I decided to change the order I follow. Before It was PSNP-rarity (descending) so games provide few points after all, mostly kid-games, or straight forward games

Now I'm gonna do the following filters:

Order: rarityPSNP and descending BUT 5 different sheets: one for common, other for uncommon...rare, very rare and ultra rare

I'll pick up 5 diff games (one of each category), so there will be variety not just in games but in difficulty (i suppose). I'll start on Friday afternoon or Saturday, since that is when I return from my trip. 

The Raven, I was missing a trophy, but my gf got it for me this morning bc she gets nervous when a game is >90% with no plat ?

So..........

No. 50 :platinum: The Raven :platinum:

I've always liked "click-games", I find them very interesting and I think I hadn't been a detective since L.A.Noire. I wish it had been Borderlands or DarkSouls 2 but I still have a long way to go 

One trophy was glitched (I warned about it on the game forum) but in general it was a decent game, so it is the Remastered version on PS4 (7 years have passed since its release!!) and I'm pretty happy, 7 months ago I got my 1st plat of this project, and I am already at #50. I know life can get difficult at times leaving me no time to play, or much less time but gaming will always be part of me and my life.

Edited by Puppeter04
  • Like 1

Day 9 - 

In 5 hours I have a flight back home. I've been a week visiting my parents, grandma, and other family. My family (especially my grandma and father) are ppl at risk. So everytime I visit them (now very often cause my grandma is living her last months of life) I have to get a PCR done, my nose is exhausted already hahahaha

I've been a week away of gaming, I haven't been through this for a long time, I'm totally fine without playing, but it's something I love and it makes me happy, that's why I do it every day as long as my life allows me to. 

I made an Excel with +300 offline PS3 games (dreamer of me, thinking I'll play them all, but as long as the trophy system is active, I'll still be there), and I divided them in 4 pages (uncommon, rare, very rare and ultra), so, what do I do to choose a game? well, I google "random number generator", got a number, look at the Excel to see what games it matches :)

I'll arrive this afternoon, idk if I'll play, or i'll start on saturday. Looking forward to play according the Excel, I find it really fun :D

Hope you guys are doing well, as always.

Edited by Puppeter04
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, evs_castro said:

Yo, congrats on the Raven plat! This is how i managed to cut my PS3 backlog by half in less than a year, just doing easy and quick stuff. You started your project pretty well.

Cheers!

Thank you Mister Castro? I’m still waiting for your 100th 

A lot of work to do this weekend

-Resistance 3 on superhuman diff

And maybe give some love to DarkSouls2

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Long-term question but after PS3 support is completely dropped and trophies can’t be synced anymore, will you be moving to entirely PS4 and so on and so forth?

I play PS4 already  (with other acc), this is just an account for this project. The thing is that I don’t “hunt” on PS4. When the moment arrives, I will do it in this account as an addition, or maybe sooner, idk, we’ll see :D

Edited by Puppeter04

Day 11, November 8th-

Well, yesterday I had to pay 300€ to a locksmith bc my gf decided to leave the key on the other side, I cried just a little, 

so if I don't find good deals, the rest of the month I'll have to play games from my backlog (I'll have to do it someday anyway)

The good news are:

:platinum: no 51 - Trivial Pursuit

513FOUEj9UL._AC_SX385_.jpg

This was a game that we started 2 years ago as a family thing. Some questions are really easy, but others... damn, no way I know that (and I consider myself a very cultured person). There were some trophies that I had to look on the internet to get the answer but sometimes it wasn't enough,

I managed to get all the correct answers without losing any lives after all

The backlog is getting smaller yay 

100% completed:

rainps3.jpg

This was quite entertaining, and fast btw

I was worried cause my trophy list in Borderlands and Mirror Edge's don't have the + sign above DLC's trophies and I was thinking: "no way! I have to buy all DLC's to get the plat?! It can't be true, I'm 100% sure it can't be"

I investigated and it seems that I am right but still I do not know why that happens and less when they are physical copies

We also started The Cube (Is a fkn nightmare!), I will surely end up buying a move controller bc the extreme zone is almost impossible with a normal controller

The good thing is, if I get the move, I can plat several games with it :D

Edited by Puppeter04

I've been on a quest myself to grab certain PS3 games and do the online for them before the inevitable server shutdown. I feel like I'm one of a select few left who still cares and bothers playing PS3/Vita games, while everyone else moved on to the PS4 and will soon move on to the PS5.

Some of the games you dropped are understandable. Grand Theft Auto V is just ridiculous, nowadays the PS3 version is rife with hackers and glitchers making the online experience a pain to get through. Also can't do it legit anymore, because Run Like the Wind is impossible thru legit means.

I still want to do Assassin's Creed Revelations on the PS3 and the online doesn't look that bad. I want to do Brotherhood, but may be unlikely I'll get the online done.

Just bought Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing as part of a goal to get the entire Sonic franchise done, so that should be interesting. I did all of Tekken except for Tekken Revolution.

So while I don't play much on my PS3 anymore, I'm still interested in playing some PS3 games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I've been on a quest myself to grab certain PS3 games and do the online for them before the inevitable server shutdown. I feel like I'm one of a select few left who still cares and bothers playing PS3/Vita games, while everyone else moved on to the PS4 and will soon move on to the PS5.

Some of the games you dropped are understandable. Grand Theft Auto V is just ridiculous, nowadays the PS3 version is rife with hackers and glitchers making the online experience a pain to get through. Also can't do it legit anymore, because Run Like the Wind is impossible thru legit means.

I still want to do Assassin's Creed Revelations on the PS3 and the online doesn't look that bad. I want to do Brotherhood, but may be unlikely I'll get the online done.

Just bought Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing as part of a goal to get the entire Sonic franchise done, so that should be interesting. I did all of Tekken except for Tekken Revolution.

So while I don't play much on my PS3 anymore, I'm still interested in playing some PS3 games.

That's great!!

That's why I started this project, my fav generation, although I also have fun playing on PS4, the feeling of PS3 I don't know ... it's different, and I'm happy with this path

I hope you get everything that you propose and have fun while you are doing it. Some games from my backlog, well, I wish I had the platinum but there are a lot of games waiting for me and waiting to be platted.

AC's online trophies are "meh", I had to play like 8 hours just for a couple of  AC 3 trophies, and my schedule varies from day to day so I don't like to say "hey, let's boost on Saturday" cause is never a sure thing, so I decided to do just offline games the rest of this project :D

It makes me happy when I look someone's profile and see that they have been playing ps3 recently

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spaz said:

I have a ton of ps4 games in the backlog. I'm going to get a ps5, but mainly so my orignal ps4 doesnt blow up trying to run them. Didnt think the pro was worth it so the backwards compatibility is awesome.

Ac online trophies just aren't fun and neither is GTA online. My unearned is at a point where they would never be done before some of my stuff anyways and that keeps me sane.  Most of the better ps3 games at least got ported to ps4 and soon ps5. I'll still have a ps3 game loaded up in my fat ps3 and play it on and off until it dies.

18 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

I have a ton of ps4 games in the backlog. I'm going to get a ps5, but mainly so my orignal ps4 doesnt blow up trying to run them. Didnt think the pro was worth it so the backwards compatibility is awesome.

Ac online trophies just aren't fun and neither is GTA online. My unearned is at a point where they would never be done before some of my stuff anyways and that keeps me sane.  Most of the better ps3 games at least got ported to ps4 and soon ps5. I'll still have a ps3 game loaded up in my fat ps3 and play it on and off until it dies.

I'm flat out broke. I bought Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing at a very low price. It's disc only, I couldn't find it on the store (the old NA PS Store).

Yeah it's tempting, but then there's the possibility of the PS5 getting a Slim/Pro version. Since the PS2 era the later consoles have always been superior. The PS4 is an exception but I've run both the OG/Slim versions of both the PS2 and PS3, the Slim easily beats out the OG version in basically all categories.

I would of much preferred the Slim PS4 but I could not justify waiting an entire year for it to come out after I had bought my PS4 with Batman: Arkham Knight bundled with it. I took out the original 500 GB drive and replaced it with a 2 TB drive, works great. I could buy the PS5 as early as next summer, around June - July provided I get an actual working job and COVID-19 becomes more of an afterthought by that point. Right now, I can't afford it.

It's great for playing PS4 AAA games, but I'm generally not someone who plays them all that much.

Day 14 - November 11th

:platinum: no 52 - The Wolf Among us

OIP.zOH7BLuQxpdQhcgRxjbCkAHaHa?w=172&h=1

why haven't I played this before? it was "fabulous" !! 

The story is interesting and original, though the capitules were short-lasting in my opinion

And the end of the game left me with a lot of doubts

I really liked that you could rewind to get the missing fables for the book, not like in TWD you have to be aware of the "save" for that damn stone, paper and scissors trophy, btw I didn't get in and left TWD with the pIlat but with 98% (sorry completionists out there)

'm not going to recommend it or say much more because 95% of those of us here have already played it

Lastest trophies: 

RESISTANCE 3

24S947040.png   Overload: use the EMP to take down 10 Steelhead Auger shields

24S947040.pngGrenadier: kill 3 or more Military Chimera with a single grenade

This superhuman playthrough is interesing 

Edited by Puppeter04

7 hours ago, Puppeter04 said:

Day 14 - November 11th

:platinum: no 52 - The Wolf Among us

OIP.zOH7BLuQxpdQhcgRxjbCkAHaHa?w=172&h=1

why haven't I played this before? it was "fabulous" !! 

In my opinion, it is the best TellTale game, followed by The Walking Dead series.

On 11/11/2020 at 6:48 PM, Grotz99 said:

In my opinion, it is the best TellTale game, followed by The Walking Dead series.

I agree! btw, what are your favorite games? PS3 and PS4

I can say which are my favorites on PS4, but damn, PS3 is so difficult for me to say

:platinum: 53 - BORDERLANDS 

borderlands-banner.jpg

Hello helloooooooo 

Finally! I'm a Borderland defender!  
I played this first time back in 2009 Christmas with my cousin, we had a lot of fun

But this time was a solo-journey except for the coop trophies (I did them with my wife) and the "And they'll tell 2 friends" that I boosted it (SirBuncelot if you hear me, I appreciate it a lot!!!!!). So, the case, I love FPS and I'm pretty good so this was a walk in the park, I died 2 times I think (Soldier + good weapons = invincible)
My 2nd playthrough was different, I died a lot more, but because I wasn't careful and wanted to finish it fast, oh, and I missed the chance to do the med-kit glitch so I was kind of angry. 

Anyways, there are some pros and cons about the game, in my opinion:

PROS: 

- It's super fun, especially if you play with friends

- You have a lot to do and is not the same repetitive stuff

- The cartoon design always make a game fun
- Is not difficult if you are smart, don't do a mission if it says "difficult" or more, just wait until it says trivial or normal

- Easy to understand 

- Pretty good characters (not the ones that you can control but all of them)

- Upgrades, find stuff, RPG's feel is always NICE.

- 95% of us, have already played it, so it means something

CONS: 

- The story, yeah you have a main mission but I was left wanting to know more about the characters, especially TK Baha

- If you go crazy, you will die a lot and losing money is not funny

-There were some stupid secondary missions (but it didn't take away the fun), diary search, scavenger... 
-Reaching lvl 50, why? I'd understand if you give me other missions, but the same stuff again? it's the same only this time the enemies are stronger. 

It didn't bother me because I really like the game, but if you are one of those that it bothers them, do the med-kit glitch

This is an overview of my opinion. Summary:

Fun: 8.5 / 10

Time: I have no idea, but +40h for sure

Diff: 2/10 first playthrough, 4/10 second one

9 hours ago, Puppeter04 said:

I agree! btw, what are your favorite games? PS3 and PS4

Asking the difficult questions, I've had the PS3 since it was fat and the PS4 since it released so there is a lot of history there. I know that there are remakes that might date some of these or show how flawed they were on PS3, but the fact that I remember them from PS3 when I played them says something. I usually had AAA physical games on PS3 except for a few PS+ games or games that I wanted to try out due to the small (70GB) HD space.

PS3

1. The Last of US (Hands down the best game I've played on there, anything else isn't going to be ranked.)
  • Red Dead Redemption (Possibly #2, but hard to remember)
  • L.A. Noire
  • AC 2 Trilogy
  • BioShock
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Metro Last Light

PS4 (This will be tough)

• Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Yakuza Series (Played 0 and Kiwami 1 and currently playing Kiwami 2 with the all others in the queue, 0 sucked me in pretty easily so I bought them all)
  • The Last of Us 2
  • BloodBorne
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Outer Worlds
  • Control
  • Persona 5
  • Nier: Automata
  • Hand of Fate 2
  • Defense Grid 2 (Always a sucker for TD games)
  • Kings Quest (Remaster but still good)
  • Risk of Rain 2
  • Xcom 2 ( played this on pc but it's awesome and on ps4)

I also just generally enjoy mystery and detective games (L.A. Noire, Sherlock games etc), Call of Duty Campaigns, card builders (MtG, etc), VNs(recently) and Gran Turismo racing games. I have pretty diverse taste. I enjoy RPGs too, but they just aren't the same as they were in the PS1/PS2 days.

Most of these are pretty recent for PS4 as I started getting back into it more after playing a lot on PC.

Edited by Grotz99
Added xcom 2