Bugsnax, Shadow of War and Hollow Knight are November's PS Plus games

Azaan60

44 minutes ago, visighost said:

If true, that seems like the perfect month (despite me owning the latter two titles): a AAA title, an acclaimed indie, and a new release. (Yet, cue complaints that SoW needs DLC, everyone owns HK, and Bugsnax is for kids in 3, 2, 1...)

That's not my complaint at all.

I JUST SPENT $.71 ON THIS TITLE FROM DOLLAR TREE NOT TWO MONTHS AGO!!!

Anyway, I hope I can claim Bugsnax on the PSN webstore, since I won't have a PS5 by then.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Can't find anything on ResetEra, was it removed?

1 hour ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Can’t find anything on ResetEra either, I really hope we haven’t been played here..

It's most likely true. Bugsnax is the only PS5 launch title that isn't available for preorder. A new sale just started earlier today on the PS Store and has every Warner Bros game on sale except for Shadow Of War. We'll find out in a couple of hours. 

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 1

Daily reminder that
- "I already own this game"
- "I already played this game"
- "everybody already played this game"
- "it's on PS Now"
- "it was on sale last month"
- "it's shit (despite 60+ metacritic score)"
- "some dude on the internet said we will be getting a better game"
- etc.
is NOT valid criticism
I already owned at least half of Plus games the last two years but I also understand that not everybody does. Now I played Shadow of War before, but not HK, even though it was in my sights for some time and Bugsnax is a nice bonus (if the leak is legit)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Complaining about something most other people don’t see as an issue is just as bad as me complaining about them though

No, it is not. They complain about something THEY have issues with, what most other peoples situation is does not concern them, they are mad because for them this is a shitty month, so they vent their frustration via complaining. Meanwhile you did not even understand why some people could even be mad about what you thought was a great month, and then when someone told you, your reaction was to say that this is not a very common issue to have, which does not change the fact that some people still have this issue and therefore a good reason to be pissed with the month. You went on to complain about other people complaining despite that being none of your business due to you not being affected in the same way as they are. Basically you don't have the same problem these people do, and yet you more or less tell them that they should not have anything to complain about, because you don't have any reason to complain about this month after all, which is quite an ignorant viewpoint to have as it disregards any context.

3 minutes ago, visighost said:

The main issue boils down to people saying "this month is terrible" instead or "this month is terrible FOR ME". It generalizes your personal experience, and is perceived as an attack on others'.

Come on, man. Every opinion post should always be taken as being the poster's perspective. No need for the extra "IMHO JMO" stuff.

2 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Am I the only one who has zero interest in Bugsnax? 1f914.png

I would were it not included in PS+. As it stands, I'll play it...in a couple of years after I buy a PS5. ?

• Like 3

Just now, visighost said:

The main issue boils down to people saying "this month is terrible" instead or "this month is terrible FOR ME". It generalizes your personal experience, and is perceived as an attack on your own.

I always assume the "for me" is implied unless it specifically states something different, because they usually do not say "objectively terrible " or "undeniably terrible" or "terrible for everyone" either, so it can go either way and usually if someone says something is terrible, it is stating a personal opinion to begin with. Most people who complain about others complaining seem to follow the old mindset of "I like this, so everyone else better like this too", so I highly doubt adding these two words would make any difference there. Not like I don't somewhat enjoy the usual fight in these threads mind you, but it gets kinda old by now and talking about details of the games we are about to receive would be more useful.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kesme63 said:

Seems cool if true! Never played any of these, anyone know who played Shadow of War if I'll be lost without playing Shadow of Mordor? Can't wait to play Bugsnaw, I need more silly fun in my life!

A little bit, yeah. The early part of the game has some expectation of knowledge about the events of Shadow of Mordor, and it's not really explained well.

I would recommend playing Mordor first. It's a good game, so you don't lose anything in the bargain.

Just now, Nighcisama said:

I always assume the "for me" is implied unless it specifically states something different, because they usually do not say "objectively terrible " or "undeniably terrible" or "terrible for everyone" either

Honestly, even if they do say that, it's just for effect, right? 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

That's not my complaint at all.

I JUST SPENT $.71 ON THIS TITLE FROM DOLLAR TREE NOT TWO MONTHS AGO!!!

Anyway, I hope I can claim Bugsnax on the PSN webstore, since I won't have a PS5 by then.

Bugsnax is on PS4 as well, so i'd assume they'll give out both the PS4/5 versions on Plus

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Honestly, even if they do say that, it's just for effect, right? 

Yes, almost always in my experience, though some people think their opinion of a game should be absolute and anyone disagreeing with it is automatically wrong, so they might unironically claim something like that in rare cases. I understand that mindset to a certain degree, because some complaints with certain games could be argued as an objective lack of quality/established industry standard, but these attempts are exceptions, most people just display personal opinions, and as someone who shat all over a few internet darling games I can attest to the fact that it is too bothersome to add "for me/in my personal opinion" under every single statement during a long rant, so I trust in peoples common sense to see the implications, and most manage to get that.

Question regarding Shadow Of War, wasn't that game a microtransaction fuckfest on release, with the shitty shop keeper and orcs being little more than expendable and pay2win tools? Has that changed by now or is it still plagued by this?

Edited by Nighcisama

2 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Question regarding Shadow Of War, wasn't that game a microtransaction fuckfest on release, with the shitty shop keeper and orcs being little more than expendable and pay2win tools? Has that changed by now or is it still plagued by this?

It's changed a TON. Now, I don't think there are any MTs available. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

They patched out and removed all the microtransaction/lootbox stuff. 

• Like 1

Just now, arcanehornet_ said:

Exactly, and that’s not including the cloud saves and MP which have even more value.

For real though. I feel like the best approach to plus games is to assume that not every game will be for you and that's ok. It still offers a ton of value. It's impossible for Sony to make every month make everyone happy.