Bugsnax, Shadow of War and Hollow Knight are November's PS Plus games

Azaan60

7 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Question regarding Shadow Of War, wasn't that game a microtransaction fuckfest on release, with the shitty shop keeper and orcs being little more than expendable and pay2win tools? Has that changed by now or is it still plagued by this?

It did get hassle for that on release, but it released at a time when pretty much every game was trying to shoehorn that stuff in (which as we all know kinda culminated with the shitstorm around Battlefront 2). From experience though, there was no need to purchase anything outside of the main game - Everything necessary for the platinum is possible without spending a penny on it.

2 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Exactly, and that’s not including the cloud saves and MP which have even more value.

Are you serious?

Well, first of all MP was free on PS3, but okay we can close an eye on that...

It couldn't get any worse, right? Hell yeah no, looks like Sony is offering two distinct services, which are not linked in any way (because they are not, prolly only thing is linked is cloud saves), yet they keep giving the same contents on both services...

Really a clever move from a company that has "For the players" as motto ???

Honestly, if it wasn't for that MP, PS Plus would be totally useless at this point.

Also, I and many others here have all the rights to "complain" because I'm/we're paying for both services.

Peace

• Like 3

Looks like a great month! I’ve become really fond of metroidvanias over this past year and have been meaning to check out Hollow Knight one of these days. Now I have my chance!

Any opinions on Shadow of War? I found Shadow of Mordor to be a really annoying game so im wondering is SoW just more of the same?

5 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

Thanks for the update

Ohhh, Shadow of War was the biggest disappointment of 2017 for me.

The game was actually pretty good , until the last 4th act where everything went downhill, story wise and gameplay wise. Every good will this game had was ruined with the endless tower defenses that forced you to grind to level up your orcs and lootboxes where you get better orc troops almost became mandatory. It was one of the worst finale in a game I have ever had to witness. It's not fun anymore, it's a chore. Not to mention the retcones that completely contradict the established lore. 

"We also wanted to provide some insight for the Trophy hunters out there: Bugsnax will have standalone Trophy lists for both PS5 and PS4, which means… you get double the fun, and double the Trophies! We’re also looking into supporting save transfers from your PS4 to your PS5, which would be added in a future update."

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/bugsnax-free-at-launch-on-ps5-for-ps-plus-members/

*PS5 console only. Benefit not applicable for Bugsnax on PS4. Bugsnax on PS5 is available to play in U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea on 11/12, and available to play everywhere else on 11/19.

Edited by Ghost

3 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Ohhh, Shadow of War was the biggest disappointment of 2017 for me.

The game was actually pretty good , until the last 4th act where everything went downhill, story wise and gameplay wise. Every good will this game had was ruined with the endless tower defenses that forced you to grind to level up your orcs and lootboxes where you get better orc troops almost became mandatory. It was one of the worst finale in a game I have ever had to witness. It's not fun anymore, it's a chore. Not to mention the retcones that completely contradict the established lore. 

This, it was pretty tough to get through tbh. Not because it was hard but because it was really boring and a bit of a slap in the face trying to force MT on you. The last i heard it was patched to cut it down by half so there's that.

Good game other than that. I'm pleased as I had some dlc to go back to. Don't need to rebuy it now

1 minute ago, Akimitsu782 said:

Don't forget that in addition to the normal Plus games, the PS+ Collection is also coming in November, which offers a pretty big list of games.

Added the list to the OP.

Also this is pretty interesting

The PlayStation Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PlayStation Plus members receive for a single subscription price – no additional membership fee required. Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member. PS4 games redeemed from the PlayStation Plus Collection and played on the PS5 console will see benefits such as increased loading speed and improved or more stable framerates with PS5’s Game Boost****.

I wonder what kind of upgrades they'll be getting?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Whelp, looks like i'll have to start a new spreadsheet for PS5 games. I planned to do it shortly before purchasing a PS5, but now...

I hope they'll let us redeem PS5 Plus games even without owning a PS5.

I was wondering the same thing! The wording on the blog post suggests that only PS5 owners can redeem Bugsnax:

We’re also thrilled to announce PlayStation Plus members who own a PlayStation 5 console will receive Bugsnax (PS5)** when PS5 launches, beginning November 12.

**PS5 console only; PlayStation Plus benefit not applicable for Bugsnax on PS4.

It would be kinda shitty to force Plus members to buy a PS5 to redeem PS5 games from PS+. IIRC, you could redeem PS3/4 games from Plus without having a PS3/4 console.