Bugsnax, Shadow of War and Hollow Knight are November's PS Plus games

Azaan60

PS Plus members who own a PS5 console will get the PS5 version of Bugsnax; all PS Plus members get Middle-earth: Shadow of War and Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition as part of November's lineup.

This has me worried. The way they worded the sentence, it seems like if you don't own PS5, you won't be able to claim the game. If that's the case, that will be pretty shitty from Sony.

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

This has me worried. The way they worded the sentence, it seems like if you don't own PS5, you won't be able to claim the game. If that's the case, that will be pretty shitty from Sony.

That's exactly how it sounds.  But if you don't own a PS5, you'll grab one down the road and by then Bugsnax will be $5, if it turns out to even be worth grabbing...

3 hours ago, visighost said:

If true, that seems like the perfect month (despite me owning the latter two titles): a AAA title, an acclaimed indie, and a new release. (Yet, cue complaints that SoW needs DLC, everyone owns HK, and Bugsnax is for kids in 3, 2, 1...)

Bugsnax is not for Kids only, but I couldn't preorder a PS 5, so I am sad now.

Edited by Sikutai

13 minutes ago, HusKy said:

If that is indeed the case and they keep that up with future Psplus games for the PS5 then the chances of me getting a PS5 dramatically decreased with that decision, because the PS5 psplus games I collected in the months before I buy the console were supposed to give me something to play for the first few weeks after investing a lot of money into the new console. I expect that much because people who went from PS3 to PS4 had that going for them, and the psplus price increased since then while giving fewer games each month due to ps3 and vita no longer being available like they were before, so fuck them if they now refuse to add value back to it for current gen users. Wouldn't surprise me that much though given that Sony currently has a pretty massive streak going when it comes to horrendously stupid decisions.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

So can I claim Bugsnax for PS5? even though I don't own a PS5 and won't until at least next year

I think so. I always put the Vita Games in my Library when I did not have one and years later i downloaded it. The PS Plus Membership is an Account Membership.

Just now, Sikutai said:

I think so. I always put the Vita Games in my Library when I did not have one and years later i downloaded it. The PS Plus Membership is an Account Membership.

oh good I hope so, it would be pretty odd if I couldn't just go on the store via the internet and claim it even if I couldn't claim it through the PS4 store.

2 minutes ago, thinktank79 said:

So Sony has been fairly nebulous & vague with the wording on the PS+ collection but I feel that it’s gated to the ps5 somehow or will I be able to access those games on my PS4 also?  

PS+ Collection is PS5 only.

Never played either of the Middle-Earth games or Hollow Knight so a great month for me.

If it turns out that you can only claim Bugsnax on a PS5 console I might have to ask a friend if they claim it for me. I hope the PS+ Collection is still going when I'm able to get my hands on a PS5 myself, since I'm a dumb dumb and never claimed Arkham Knight or TLOU:Remastered when they were on PS+ previously. I'm also yet to play Persona or Days Gone.

2 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I wonder how they'll force a PS4 game to be redeemable and playable only on a PS5.

It will be a special license type which won't allow the game to be installed on PS4? It's not a rocket science. They already use different license types for standard purchase, PS+ and EA Play...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Has the obnoxious last act with the endless Base defense been removed as well or they remain intact? 

Apparently they shortened it to drastic extent and added some additional voice overs for added context. Endless Shadow Wars still exist as an option you can select after the true ending but it isn't required for anything.

Edited by bikeman223

1 minute ago, LoveInHell said:

How would you claim it and be able to play it through a friend? Mind explaining, I might need to do this too.

I wouldn't be able to play it I don't think. I'd just ask them to claim it for me on the store on their console, so when I get mine I have it for free. If that'd even work.

2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

If you have a friend with ps5, you can log in with your account and claim the game

You mean log in on their Playstation and claim it? Even when you log in on your Playstation after, that game would be “linked” to your account?

Edited by LoveInHell