Challenge trophy glitch still working?

arcanehornet_

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That exploit was patched out years ago so now your only option is to use the patch downgrade exploit to revert the game to either v1.00 or v1.01.

That's not true. I did it on the latest patch.

Assuming we are talking about the glitch which stops timer during the challenge.

Edited by HusKy

Just now, HuntingFever said:

If that's the case, then what was the exploit they patched out with the 1.02 update?

The older glitch allowed you to pause the timer any time by going back to PS4 UI or something like that. That allowed you to solve any puzzle on paper first.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HusKy said:

The older glitch allowed you to pause the timer any time by going back to PS4 UI or something like that. That allowed you to solve any puzzle on paper first.

Nice. So the latest patch still has the working glitch, correct? The 3 second one.

Edited by arcanehornet_
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Hey guys! I wanna start this game soon. Is the glitch for the challenge still working, or was it patched? A friend told me it was.

The challenge is really not that difficult.

I see you've Platinumed Hollow Knight, so this should be a cake walk.

But the glitch still works where if you time the third last puzzle in the challenge correctly, then the timer stops and you can take as much time as you want on the last two puzzles. I tested this on an alt account last year sometime and it works.

But if you can get to the third last puzzle in good enough time, then the last two puzzles shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 9:03 AM, arcanehornet_ said:

I’ve just got the platinum a little while ago! :) It was very satisfying. Glitch worked as well, which eased the stress of the final part

significantly.

Definitely one of my favorite platinums this year.

What's the glitch you used? I've had this game at 22% for almost 2 years now, I'm thinking about clearing it up

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, me_is_caveman said:

Anyone know if I downgrade to the unpatched version of this game to make the challenge easier, can I continue with my existing save file that I played on the latest patch? Or would I have to start over from a new game?

Downgrading it would make you able to use the rest mode glitch too which would surely make it easier. no idea about your save file though.

8 hours ago, me_is_caveman said:

Anyone know if I downgrade to the unpatched version of this game to make the challenge easier, can I continue with my existing save file that I played on the latest patch? Or would I have to start over from a new game?

Not compatible. It will straight up crash your game if you try to use newer save file.

• 2 months later...

The 3 seconds glitch still works. Start a timer as soon as you start the challenge and solve all puzzles but the last triagles one in the labirynth, then wait and complete it exactly when the timer reaches 6:39. Even if the puzzle screen goes black it doesn't matter, proceed to the last columns room and the column puzzles should be active with unlimited time. If the columns are black, try to close the game by pressing PS button and then relaunch it, the columns puzzle may be active now.