Introducing the new PlayStation App, redesigned to enhance your gaming experiences on PS4 and PS5

Ghost

Yeah later today for me is going to be midnight or later lol.

Integrated store and being able to access my downloads from the app are big for me. Glad I'll only need one PS app now instead of three. The other new features sound useful too. Just hope its quick and snappy to navigate.

Edited by EIdain

I really like it.

I don't know if it's been mentioned or talked about much elsewhere on the forums, but I really think they're updating how the trophy icons look to these - 

Spoiler

image0.png

(Marked as spoiler because the image was larger than I expected.)

I much prefer how the current platinum trophy icon looks.

It's also weird that there's an option in the notification settings for 'Wishlist Updates'. I thought they'd scrapped the wishlist completely, or can you still use it on the console?

Edit: Just spotted there's trailers and screenshots for games in the store as well as an 'Add-Ons' section for DLC. It seem like the app store has more features than the web browser now. Hopefully the web store gets updated.

Edited by EIdain
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Sony removes notifications of Messages from the PS4 system. Adds message integration into app.

Okay are we allowed to see he people we want to talk to or not this is confusing Sony 1f602.png

I think people are confused when Sony says removal of PS Messages because that is what the app is called, not messages to app itself.

As long the new PS App doesn't take at least 300mb of storage in my phone like the current PS Messages does, it's fine by me. I have both installed and PS Messages takes 446MB and PS App takes 276MB...hope they rework how much data is stored in cache, it's kinda absurd of how much storage space it uses.

27 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

How can you fear change so much but also complain about a lack of innovation/changes?

Not trying to be a dick but you seem to contradict yourself quite a bit i noticed . 

It looks snazzy and cool, but that's about it.

They royally fucked up the PS Store. Finding DLC for my PS4 games is a travesty. It's completely user unfriendly.

Looking at the age gap between us, it's probably easy to see why you like it and I don't.

• Like 1

The new app is definitely an upgrade. Granted it would be basically impossible for it to not be an upgrade, the old apps were awful. I hated getting a notification for PS Messages and it first having to open the PS app. But the removal of notifications for messages... ummm what? It’ll take some getting used to but overall it’s definitely better. App only takes up 45MB for me, which is a huge improvement over the old app size + the messages app.

• Like 1