Introducing the new PlayStation App, redesigned to enhance your gaming experiences on PS4 and PS5

Ghost

I like the new look of the app and the integrated messages, store, news, and blog posts. I wish they'd bring back the wishlist, friends activity feed, customized banner and the ability to compare trophies with your friends.

I'm sure I'll adjust to it over time, but I hope Sony brings back the removed features at some point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Dark mode looks nice.

The make/break thing is if Messages send faster here without need to refresh/back out and back in. 

Message sending is the same speed. They made the back function even worse. Cmon Sony.

27 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I still can't find the update for the PS App in the Play Store. 

Go to the App Store and search Playstation the click the app then Update

it wasn’t in my Updates tab for some reason

ended up downloading an APK from some trusted mirror site and it's pretty nice. Finally with a dark UI and great design. The integration with the store is really good, you don't need to use a web browser anymore. It seems you need to pair your PS5 with some sort of code just like Remote Play. weird.

I've had it for over 24 hours, and although it will take getting used to, it looks nice.

I do have one question: I don't seem to be getting a lot of notifications pushed to my main screen on my phone, like when I receive a message from someone (I use an iPhone btw). Is anyone else suffering from this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoaLoft said:

I do have one question: I don't seem to be getting a lot of notifications pushed to my main screen on my phone, like when I receive a message from someone (I use an iPhone btw). Is anyone else suffering from this?

I'm getting message notifications (I'm on android).

Probably a silly question, but have you double-checked your push notification settings?

I’ve had some time to digest it and I hate it.

And not just in a oh it’s different sort of way.

- Social feed removed. Can’t see the trophies my friends are getting or make postings (hey X is on sale). 

- Messages is still slow. It’s also cramped with pointless icons and features that obscure the feed and entry field. 

- It uses a trash skeuomorphic-esque design and puts the buttons in the worst possible places.

- Trophies list is 3 clicks away. 

Sony is really screwing up.

5 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Go to the App Store and search Playstation the click the app then Update

it wasn’t in my Updates tab for some reason

This worked, thank you very much!

The update is great but I noticed that some avatars may be cut off awkwardly since they default to a circle in the app (and perhaps on the PS5 too?), still, just a nit-pick.

dKP1uvR.jpg

I love the dark theme of the app, always been a fan of "night mode" on anything really.

Where is my wishlist?

Where can i see the money i have in the store fast like the previous app?

Where is the previous profile page where you could see:

about, music...image colour background people chose to have in profile??????

P. S. New trophies design , new trophy sound, new app missing functions , and no colour buttons in my controller

Kill me

Edited by waltdisneypixar

At first glance, genuinely thought the app was confusing to get a handle on. 

After playing around for a few hours it's actually pretty good. The only issue is messages seem to be ridiculously slow and it's still not pushing out notifications when you receive one. 

Other than that, it's pretty good looking. 

7 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I ended up having to delete the old app and once i redownloaded I got the new version. So weird but hey I have it now! ?

New app has still not shown up in my Google Play store yet. Even try as you did and deleted the app and then re-download it. Still the old version. On Google Play store still shows update from 23 March 2020. Hopefully new version shows up soon. Will try again tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, waltdisneypixar said:

You said you really like the change lol

I am Joking

I have no idea

Lol I do! I just can’t find the activities. I can’t find it anywhere.

1 minute ago, DysectorZA said:

New app has still not shown up in my Google Play store yet. Even try as you did and deleted the app and then re-download it. Still the old version. On Google Play store still shows update from 23 March 2020. Hopefully new version shows up soon. Will try again tomorrow.

Have you updated your phone?