Introducing the new PlayStation App, redesigned to enhance your gaming experiences on PS4 and PS5

Ghost

So the new app launched last week but for some reason the old app has not updated to the new app for me. Its required to have atleast android 6.0 on phones but I have android 9 so that should not be the problem.

Anyone else has this problem or knows why it has not updated, or am I just being impatient and need to wait a few weeks more?

23 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

So the new app launched last week but for some reason the old app has not updated to the new app for me. Its required to have atleast android 6.0 on phones but I have android 9 so that should not be the problem.

Anyone else has this problem or knows why it has not updated, or am I just being impatient and need to wait a few weeks more?

I’d recommend deleting the current app and reinstalling it. That’d force it to have the newest update installed.

I have a question regarding the new PS app. Is there a way to change the time settings? It is currently set to the 24 hour format by default and I would rather have it at the 12 hour setting. I have looked but I don't see a option to change it. Don't know if I am just missing something.

After spending sometime with the updated app, the integration part is actually not good. Quite some features and convenience was lost. The whole completely superior to PS4 color palette for covers is gone. The really cool custom audio notification is gone. (I had been using a PS related sound for the ultimate experience, but that's no more now.) Messages appear more laggy during the typing phase, navigation phase, and when updating in real-time. You can't leave conversations on the screen with everyones' messages anymore, not EVEN the isolated screen where it shows just one person's message. Players met is gone apparently. Whatever else I haven't noticed.

• 1 month later...
On 30.10.2020 at 2:40 PM, Skurkitty said:

Came here to ask the same thing, I’ve searched every inch of this app. Pretty sure they removed the activity feed, which is disappointing. App is super clean and I love it... but I also loved checking what people were up to trophy wise as well 1f615.png

I reverted to the older version of the app and the feed is still working and functional (the version before PS5 update). Now I still can view others’ activities even thought they might be even unaware something was posted by them.

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, ScottyMiddleton said:

The YaPSNapp team are releasing a major update soon. (Version 4) Which will be heavily orientated to trophy hunters, you can see a preview here:

http://yapsnapp.drakfly.com/en/2022/03/26/yapsnapp-v4-demo-trophy-guides/

This looks nice. If the trophy guides (also messaging etc) work as well as is shown I'm guessing a lot of people with ditch the official app and just use this.

• Like 1