How do you feel about fall/autumn?

RadiantFlamberge

How do you feel about fall/autumn?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about fall/autumn?

• Love it!
    • Like it.
    • Partially Dislike.
    • Don't like it.
    • HATE it!

Fall is here. I like the early part and dislike the later, so I chose "Partially Dislike" for my answer. Overall for me it's not as bad as winter, but not as good as summer.

Like (Late Sept-mid October)

* Early fall is about perfect with 70-80 degree temperatures and less (but not too low) humidity.

* A little less rain. Not to the point of drought, just down to where it's not such an annoyance.

Dislike (Going forward from late October)

* Flowers dying and trees losing their leaves.

* Fall is spring in reverse. In November the rain becomes a nuisance. Winter is definitely getting closer every day.

* Getting colder after the middle of October with no more 70-80 F days, and occasionally dropping to freezing on a bad night (Damn this Northeast weather). When it's anywhere under 60 degrees... get that stuff out of my face, I'd switch it for a 90 with full sun.

* Needing to sleep with the window fully closed. I like to leave it open 2-3 inches during spring and summer to let fresh air in.

* Having a "fall back" time change. Days are already short enough... I sure don't need it to get dark another hour sooner.

* Less sun and more overcast days.

* Having to be ready to dress for colder weather. I just like summer clothes so much more.

* The humidity gets TOO LOW. Yes, really. Time for Chap Stick and lotion again. And now, overly low humidity is even worse because it helps viruses linger in the air longer, not just colds and flu, but in this case something worse: COVID-19.

What do you think?

• Like 1

I like and dislike different parts of the each season, with the winter I don't mind it being cold and it getting dark early but I don't like having the heating on in my house, and then with the summer I don't mind it being hot but not to hot, and then I don't like it getting sunny and bright really early on in the morning. I can't win no matter what happens really :)

• Like 1

Fall is the beginning of your regeneration cycle. Yeah, it's getting darker and colder and dead plants everywhere but that's just collateral. You may or may not begin to notice by the end of summer but 30 °C and 14 hour daylight for three straight months are not necessarily to your benefit.

• Like 1

I live in the UK, so we don't get that beautiful Autumn scenery and not too hot comfortable weather that other countries like Japan get. Here, it's rain, wind, early dark evenings and the flu. 

Summer is literally the only good season here. The other three are all the same dark, cold and rain. It doesn't help that heating is expensive and I freeze at home in a blanket, as turning my heating on for too long skyrockets the bills. It makes be glad I work long hours, as the hospital I work in is of course, nice and warm. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I live in the UK, so we don't get that beautiful Autumn scenery and not too hot comfortable weather that other countries like Japan get. Here, it's rain, wind, early dark evenings and the flu. 

Summer is literally the only good season here. The other three are all the same dark, cold and rain. It doesn't help that heating is expensive and I freeze at home in a blanket, as turning my heating on for too long skyrockets the bills. It makes be glad I work long hours, as the hospital I work in is of course, nice and warm. 

Haha, I dislike every other season than summer too, which I find is an unpopular opinion. Even here autumn gets romanticised, but I absolutely hate cold weather and the early evenings getting dark like you mentioned. If it was mildly chilly I wouldn’t mind (which I’m guessing is what people in warmer countries associate with “sweater weather”) but here I always find it uncomfortably cold and dreary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charizarzar said:

Haha, I dislike every other season than summer too, which I find is an unpopular opinion. Even here autumn gets romanticised, but I absolutely hate cold weather and the early evenings getting dark like you mentioned. If it was mildly chilly I wouldn’t mind (which I’m guessing is what people in warmer countries associate with “sweater weather”) but here I always find it uncomfortably cold and dreary.

I’m the complete opposite. Fall and Winter are my favourite seasons, and I absolutely despise Summer. Sadly, I’m very heat sensitive and can’t even go for a mild walk in the Summer without sweating profusely and feeling like a disgusting pig. It makes me stay indoors as much as possible and avoid the sun. And I live in an area where the hottest summer days are only around 35C! I don’t even know how people survive in hot, humid places like Florida - I would literally fucking die!

I know I’m in the minority with this opinion as most people love Summer and hate being cold, but people don’t seem to appreciate how easy it is to warm up when you are feeling cold! They take this for granted. When you’re cold you can wear heavier clothes, snuggle up under a blanket, curl up by the fireplace, or press your body against your literally hot boyfriend (the only benefit I’ve ever found from being a sweaty Hotboi is that girls, who are naturally more sensitive to cold temperatures than men, absolutely love it in the Winter lol) etc. But there is literally NOTHING you can do to cool off when you’re outside, overheating, and sweating like a pig in the middle of summer! Even a cold beer and a dip in the lake doesn’t help much. Feeling such intense discomfort in those situations, especially when I have to be in close proximity around other people is unbearable for me and makes my anxiety 100 times worse than it already is.

Late Fall/early Winter is my favourite I think, because we get the best of both worlds where I live. Lots of cold days but with beautiful clear, sunny skies. The overcast rainy days are a small price to pay for that. And winter is great because it’s cold enough that I can wear pants, hoodies, jackets etc. and still walk around the city without feeling hot.

Also let’s be real here, winter fashion is king. ?

• Like 2

Going down to the low 30s for me tomorrow. Eww, disgusting! Morning freeze incoming... not good at all, glad I've got nowhere to go and nothing to do. Oh well, guess I'll play some PS4 (Still got Trails of Cold Steel III to finish... I have let this go a little too long!) and watch a couple Criminal Minds episodes.

Spring is my second favorite season, because it's one more step away from winter with every day gone by. A tad more rain than I like to see, and it can still be chilly a few days, but nothing is ever perfect. Winter makes me ? summer more.

On 30/10/2020 at 9:32 PM, Feral said:

I like Autumn because cooler weather, football season, no bushfire danger and bloody Summer is gone. Plus is Winter just around the corner.

I can imagine Australia must be boiling hot! I went to Arizona in summer and almost died in the heat, so can understand how people who live in countries with very hot summers would prefer seasons like Spring or Autumn. UK summer is like you Autumn maybe, making it the only tolerable season here

• Like 1

OK, now that we've "fallen back", I see it starting to get pretty dark at about 18:00... earlier than I like. Permanent Daylight Saving Time wouldn't be such a bad thing.

At least after one more bit of wannabe winter, I've got a warmup coming. High 60s are fine. No more frosty mornings for me for the next couple of weeks, amen to that.

One more thing I like about summer is the chirping of crickets at night. I find that calming, and miss it during winter.

• 1 month later...

And one more reason I partially dislike fall happened just now. In the later part of fall, it can be winter even if 21 December hasn't come yet. Snow and gray skies are gross. Take this little preview of winter and shove it. I'd rather have 90s, high humidity (that gets TOO LOW in winter... a dew point in the 20s or teens I don't like. Chap Stick time again!), bugs, and high UV index. I wouldn't miss coats, sweaters, scarves, gloves, boots, toques, and all that other stuff if winter somehow ceased to return every year.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

I was born in Fall and in the UK as someone else has already mentioned the weather doesn’t change too much.

Gone are the days where it would definitely almost always snow in the season after Autumn, now most seasons feel the same outside the number of insects and colour of the trees.

My love life started many falls ago so I definitely hold this season in high regard.

Who knows my future demise/downfall could be in fall ? but until then I’m enjoying life ?.