Not Again... ? (Pacer Trophy Thoughts)

GothGirlMaxine

Been waiting for this game since it's pretty much Wipeout. I think the trophy will be fine though. I did Grid recently & that stupid Grid trophy I was on & off for quite awhile.

In the other game Grip you go about the same speed so the the trophy will be about 10hrs maybe 15hrs depending on the speed you go.

The main thing is I just hope none of the trophies are glitched. Back when Grip was released, there was a patch that glitched it & it took some time for the patch to come. As I play Wipeout I quite a lot I'm looking forward to it. 

4 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Just played the first part. It's a mix of Wipeout & Redout basically. Since it's made by the Wipeout ppl there are a few things in it you'll recognise. It feels like Redout though so it's quite fun so far. 

I loved Redout and also Wipeout for the most part, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. 

5 hours ago, JesteR1701one said:

No MP trophies from what I can see right?

Nope can't see any just pretty much straight forward campaign & a few extra Trophies. It'll all be down to the getting all golds from what I see. 

4 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

I loved Redout and also Wipeout for the most part, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. 

Yep huge fan of these games. The gameplay is good & can be adjusted to your own style. 

• Like 1

Hopefully a decent challenge?

From the looks of it, it’s probably a 6/10 difficulty, given the gold medals aren’t too bad. If they are, then probably a 7 or 8. If they’re easy, then maybe a 4 at most.

I loved platting the Omega Collection for WipEout. I hope this game is good as well!

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208
  • Like 1

It looks like the Full Metal Contact trophy seems to be glitched. Just tried it multiple times with a friend & it hasn't popped. 

It would have nice to have a Beat Zico trophy, but you can't barrel roll or side shift so I can see why there isn't a Beat Zico. 

Redout I haven't fully played but everyone I know who has played it, would recommend Redout. 

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

I'm really interested in this game, but from what I can tell from the videos, there's no side-shift manoeuvre, which I guess makes Pacer more like the PS1 Wipeout games instead of the more recent ones. It's not necessarily a deal-breaker, but side-shifting is one of the mechanics that makes modern Wipeout games so satisfying.

Always surprised to hear people talk about Red Out favourably - I just couldn't get into it. Definitely didn't scratch my Wipeout itch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I think it is yeah

Ok, so, I will get it on sale.. Still sad that I can't add it to my Wipeout collection.. 

4 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Thankfully there's no Beat Zico (or probably Beat Zaco since it's obviously not Wipeout) or Zone Zeus (Zone Odin in this oh so not Wipeout) trophies.

Zico is actually the name (or nickname) of the guy that did both times on Wipeout HD and 2048 (he was the winner of an internal competition on Wipeout HD, with the prize being the name in a trophy, along with his face, if I'm not wrong). 

So, if that guy is part of this new team, then it would be totally possible for us to have a "Beat Zico" trophy again.. 

• Like 1

So far it's pretty good but only a few hours played. It's similar in look and feel to Wipeout. Handling feels smooth. So far I haven't found any locations where you can leave the track by jumping or ramping. Also no barrel rolls or side shifts. Because of these it doesn't have as much of a fun feel. The weapons are weaker so far but that may change as I unlock more mods. Still enjoying it though. 

Got kicked from online twice and game crashed while trying to enter an online game. Still haven't actually raced online yet! Think that needs a bit of work still.

22 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

The Dragon stars campaign seems to be bugged. I'm unable to finish the 4th event because it crashes every time I cross the finish line. Tried playing offline to see if it would help but nah. Bummer

Yup, dragonstar campaing is glitched, cant end 4th race. Trophy with ramming enemy also is glitched.

Reached 1268km/h in Flowmentum today and the Sonic Boom trophy for reaching 1260km/h didn't unlock either (unless it has to be in a race, in which case that's lame because it doesn't specify). Sucks to hear that other trophies are glitching out...

EDIT: Turns out you have to be going at 1260km/h on the ground, haha. Trophy popped shortly after I tried on an Elite speed race. Ramming enemy trophy is still bugged. Not up to the campaign that crashes the game yet.

Edited by KristophDJHero

1 hour ago, michael_martin said:

Full Metal Contact trophy is glitched. I destroyed 3 ships by ramming them in a destruction race but no trophy. Pain in the hole. I have a long list of things I'm not happy about so far with this game. 

Considering it was delayed a month for bug fixes and the campaign is broken....

I wonder if the distance trophies are broken as well....