Is anyone else worried about Cyberpunk on the base PS4?

Jake-TheGreat97

I just played a couple of hours on the PS5, version 1.02 and... It does not look good.

I really hope there is some serious upgrade in the horizon for this sooner than they are leading us to believe.

Performance wise on the PS5 is running smooth, haven't had any frame rate drops.

But visually... There are games that are years older that can run around of what I am experiencing so far even on the PS4, RDR 2 is an example. 

If you can wait for the fully upgraded version to play on the PS5, do so. 

• Like 1

Played about 5 hours now on a ps4 pro.. well it’s not that great

1 blue screen

textures loading slow

few times had to restart the game because missions just wouldn’t continue.

noticed some frame drops as well. 

It looks good but it’s not like I’m playing super next gen stuff even rdr2 looks the same or even better? 

7 minutes ago, insaneeeRob said:

I wasn't worried until now. Everyone is saying the game on base ps4 is literally shit ://

after everything I've read so far it's:

PS5 - really bad

PS4pro - even worse

PS4 - the worst

such a shame, maybe in a month or two it will be better but I'll sure as hell won't ruin my first playthrough now

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alaquia said:

PS5 - really bad

PS4pro - even worse

PS4 - the worst

such a shame, maybe in a month or two it will be better but I'll sure as hell won't ruin my first playthrough now

Bad even on ps5??? Well... 1 hour to go until I can play on ps4 base lol I don't even have high hopes for this game right now

39 minutes ago, Alaquia said:

PS5 - really bad

PS4pro - even worse

PS4 - the worst

It’s got a 91 on metacritic.  I’d think if there were so many issues, many reviewers would have docked them for it.

I haven’t followed closely but I am surprised to hear so many issues for a game rated so highly. 

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

It’s got a 91 on metacritic.  I’d think if there were so many issues, many reviewers would have docked them for it.

I haven’t followed closely but I am surprised to hear so many issues for a game rated so highly. 

lol

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, djb5f said:

A lot of reviewers pointed out that its an excellent game but very buggy. As I said on another forum,  I feel like they shot themselves in the foot trying to optimize and push such an ambitious game to work on almost every platform.

Edited by BrandedBerserk

38 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Ok, I’ll bite, name other games rated over 90 (metacritic) with widespread performance issues at launch.  It’s definitely not a normal occurrence.

I’d figure it would be a Skyrim situation, as if sure it may be plagued with bugs but hey everything else is top notch, according to critics.

Edited by Crzy Minus

1 hour ago, Alaquia said:

PS5 - really bad

PS4pro - even worse

PS4 - the worst

No it's ok on PS5, turn performance on and hdr off.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

There were none, literally zero console review copies. All the reviews done on PC version.

40 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

The Witcher 3 has a 92 on there.

I have platinumed W3 at launch. This is incomparable, really. Even W1 was at much better state at launch back in 2007. W2 was bad, but not that bad either.

Waiting for next-gen update.

Edited by Akrioz

1 hour ago, Alaquia said:

PS5 - really bad

PS4pro - even worse

PS4 - the worst

I'm playing on PS5 and in the beginning it looked really bad. I tried changing a few settings on the monitor to no avail, but all of a sudden it just looked amazing and have since.

I'm guessing it is a weird coincidence that it happened right when i got that first eye upgrade from Viktor even though the description said 'gives better vision' :D

Also the only bugs i have seen is a floating sodacan and phone. Can strongly recommend so far.

Edited by Woopa777

At first I wasn't sure if it was my eyes that were blurry but it turns out it's the game. It looks slightly better having turned off literally every setting in the graphics tab (film grain, aberration, dof, flare, motion blur) but it still looks like a PSVR game on my PS5. Also I highly recommend not bothering with the HDR setting. It just washes out your game it looks much worse with it turned on.

I haven't encountered any framerate dips or stutters yet but I have encountered quite a lot of bugs. Like a cutscene where a police car comes in they just warp into existence. Lip syncing issues with NPCs not even opening their mouths when they talk, having to reload a save since the mission I was doing just stopped, literally everyone just stopped moving while I still could so no choice but to reload. 

I expected this game to be really messy at launch so I'm not surprised. But still somehow a bit disappointed. At this rate I'll prob just wait for the PS5 patch upgrade next year. FF14's new end game raids can keep me busy then lol

58 minutes ago, Woopa777 said:

I'm playing on PS5 and in the beginning it looked really bad. I tried changing a few settings on the monitor to no avail, but all of a sudden it just looked amazing and have since.

I'm guessing it is a weird coincidence that it happened right when i got that first eye upgrade from Viktor even though the description said 'gives better vision' :D

Also the only bugs i have seen is a floating sodacan and phone. Can strongly recommend so far.

This is an interesting take. Biggest complaints I’ve seen so far is the game looks blurry, almost like it’s running at 720p even scaled up on PS5. I wonder if the eye upgrade you speak of is a legit “graphic wall”.

I see the PS4 videos popping up and I truly feel bad for the vast majority likely playing on last gen. But watching a PS5 stream for a bit it looked decent... wasn’t spectacular but it wasn’t bad in any way. Suppose I’ll find out first hand when I wake up tomorrow and dive in.

I’m personally not a gamer who leans towards graphics over performance. So if it holds 60 the vast majority I’m good with it not being super graphics. I intend to play it on both PS4 and PS5 when available regardless. Also bugs don’t both me... I’ve played the likes of Fallout. ?

I appreciate hearing something positive though, cheers my man.

Edited by Skurkitty

I actually cancelled my pre-order yesterday. I was pretty excited to play about a month ago, but I wasn't aware that they weren't going to release a proper PS5 version of the game till next year and I don't want to play the PS4 version on my PS5, especially with all the issues it's reportedly having. Plus I wasn't planning on buying anymore physical PS4 games after I got the PS5 because I don't want to add to the backlog. I've been sitting on Watch Dogs Legion, Demon's Souls, and just recently Immortals Fenyx Rising for PS5 in anticipation for Cyberpunk because I didn't want to start any new and lengthy before it came out, so I've got plenty to play till the proper current gen version is out. Hopefully they'll have everything ironed out by the time the PS5 version drops, till then I'm just going to have to try and avoid spoilers and play what I have. 

• Like 1

Well, no - because obviously I would not be silly enough to play it on one, given that that is not the platform it is designed for.

I didn’t manage to get a PS5 at launch, and there are quite a few games released for both current and last gen that I want to play, but I am not impatient enough to ruin those games for myself by playing on my outdated hardware.

As long as all I have is a PS4, I will stick to games optimised for it. (Let’s face it, there are plenty of them out there still to play!) and I will be saving games optimised for current gen for when I get a current gen console.

Goos things come to those who.... ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woopa777 said:

Gosh, I really hope that is the case, cause everything now is blurred. The textures look like shit, the vending machines, the elevator screen... When I looked at the mirror I couldn't believe... So so blurred and low res.

I will wait for the specific PS5 version next year. I have enough to be entertained right now and with a couple of months they can make the PS5 version better.

2 hours ago, connortit said:

im sorry to whoever has a base ps4 it looks and runs terrible

This video pretty much settles what happens with ps4 version... 

bmg_ps.png

Edited by bmg_ps