Is anyone else worried about Cyberpunk on the base PS4?

Jake-TheGreat97

Looks terrible(mainly textures) on the PS5. I literally got both the pc copy(running on a 2070 super) and the ps4 copy since I am new to pc gaming but damn the ps4 copy on ps5 looked really washed out. I was really hoping that it would look somewhat close to the pc since I can't do everything on ultra but nope. Ended up selling my ps4 copy and have been playing on the pc. Sucks that I can't get trophies 

• Like 1

I am seeing videos of people playing on PS5 saying the game looks good that I started thinking there was something wrong with mine. I am playing on PS5 and it looks unbearably bad, to the point that it is unplayable to me.
I deleted the game and I am downloading it again for test sake but I am right now deciding to stop playing this until a fix comes out. 

• Like 2

The people that says it looks terrible on PS5, have you gotten the first upgrade from Viktor? My game literally went from SkyrimVR to atleast GTA5 quality graphics right when i got that upgrade. I have a hard time believing that would be the reason, but i don't know what else it could be.

11 hours ago, HaserPL said:

What were you expecting lol. Has anyone forgotten how games made for PS4 looked and performed on PS3? Black Ops 3, Shadow of Mordor, Thief, WATCH Dogs, Far Cry 4? Coz I didn't, I have played all of them on ps3.

This was designed to run on PS4 though. It’s like you guys forget this game was announced even before the PS4 was released.

1 hour ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

This was designed to run on PS4 though. It’s like you guys forget this game was announced even before the PS4 was released.

I'm fully aware of that. But the indisputable fact is, they knew the game will be targeting current-gen years before, as past gen wouldn't handle the game in a way CDPR wanted to. They fucked up when it comes to PS4 and Xbox One, I won't deny it. But when it comes to a game as big as Cyberpunk, and you consider they were releasing it for like what, 9 platforms (PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox One-and-a-half, Xbox Two, and besides that optimizing the game to run for the PC which in this day and age is no easy feat) give them a break lol. I wouldn't be surprised if the past-gen version of the game was decided to exist at all was due to the majority of people not being able to buy next-gen consoles at all. 

• Like 1

I’m playing it right now on my PS5 and I’ve gotta say the graphics are a bit of a disappointment. It became quite noticeable when creating my character...I feel like I’m back on the PS3 lol. Frame rate seems to hold up, but everything looks like it’s behind a blurry filter. I might sound like I’m complaining but this is just my impressions after the first hour. 

2 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I’m playing it right now on my PS5 and I’ve gotta say the graphics are a bit of a disappointment. It became quite noticeable when creating my character...I feel like I’m back on the PS3 lol. Frame rate seems to hold up, but everything looks like it’s behind a blurry filter. I might sound like I’m complaining but this is just my impressions after the first hour. 

I think somebody posted this earlier but it looks the worst in PS5 when you look into a mirror and your character looks very blurry and low res. The worst part is that this happens automatically in like the very first scene in the game so I got a bad impression right out of the gate.

It's far from unplayable to me at least though. Once I got past the initial shock of the visuals, I came to start enjoying the game even though I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't crash or I run into a progression blocking bug. I've only had one crash in about 5 or 6 hours of play at least. 

Speaking of mirrors, I don't get why your character is suddenly nude when you look into the mirror at their dwelling when they are still equipped with all their gear. On the other hand, I took all their clothes off and while the character was nude in the inventory screen, they still had their clothes on when exited back to the game and looked down. ? 

Edited by Killbomb

10 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

With people moaning that this game seems unfinished and glitchy on the PS4, what did you expect? I have no interest to buy this game in the near future and I even knew that it was going to be a mess, from what the developers said about struggling with the PS4 version to fix the game

Seriously? We’re “moaning” over an unfinished game that has been in development for 8 years? Okay yep you’re right. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

This version of the game looking good on a console it's not developed for doesn't excuse that it's horrible on the consoles its supposed to be played on at this point. 

I have a PS5, so I could say it looks fine on that and that's it. 

But the state of this game is a punch in the face of 80% of the playerbase probably. 

Very fair point, can't argue with that.

It looks absolutely unbereable on PS4, and so does it seems on PS5.

It looks weird and fuzzy as hell, its not about top graphics, its just a real issue. Everything is blurred away on the distance as well, I can’t see people’s faces until I am straight onto them.

Not talking about the three first “minor” bugs I got just on the first 10 minutes.

This is just a plain disaster, can’t believe this game was due almost one year ago.

12 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

It looks weird and fuzzy as hell, its not about top graphics, its just a real issue. Everything is blurred away on the distance as well, I can’t see people’s faces until I am straight onto them.

You can turn all that crap off in the graphics settings. Film grain, chromatic aberration, depth of field, motion blur and lens flares. All on by default

On 10/12/2020 at 1:20 PM, MeltedDreams1 said:

You know what's funny? All these people defending CD Projekt RED with their lives... Few days ago i said on twitter ''this game is going to be rough at launch'' and whole CD Projekt army bambarded me with 400+ notifications that i'm dumb and there is day 1 patch that will fix all issues. ?

But CD Projekt Red best company and they can do no wrong ?

On 10/12/2020 at 10:20 PM, MeltedDreams1 said:

You know what's funny? All these people defending CD Projekt RED with their lives... Few days ago i said on twitter ''this game is going to be rough at launch'' and whole CD Projekt army bambarded me with 400+ notifications that i'm dumb and there is day 1 patch that will fix all issues. 1f602.png

Criticizing CDP on twitter is like telling an ugly White teen who is into kpop that BTS sucks hard .... They are like the BLM of videogame industry, you can't touch them without risking your account. Last time I saw that was with Shenmue 3 when everyone noticed the game was bad but the hardcore Shenmue fans claimed it was gold .....

In my case, I played Cyberpunk 4 hours on a dummy account, 3 crashes on a PS4 Pro. Can't even imagine what it would be like on a Fat PS4. I also experienced serious framerate drops after the prologue and some NPCs vanishing or appearing all of sudden. I guess I will jsut wait for the GOTY version on PS5 after the DLCs get released next year and the Multiplayer in 2022. I absolutely loved The Witcher 3 but I dont see myself playing the game for another 50 hours like that.

I’ve played 10 hours. It’s a great game but there’s too much BS over it. The game on PS5 just looks weird it hurts my eyes like you can visually see the resolution changing on the fly. Plus the game has crashed my PS5 4 times in those 10 hours. I’ve been waiting for this game for so long I think I might stop before I get too far in. I will probably wait until either the PS5 version releases or build a new high end PC.

Edited by KIERONOO