Is anyone else worried about Cyberpunk on the base PS4?

Jake-TheGreat97

Played this on Thursday on base PS4 and had many graphical issues - low res, constant freezing for a few seconds, bugs. Etc. Played for three hours

played some more today (about 2 hours) and found it wasn’t as bad as my first play session, a lot smoother and none of the freezing. I just wonder if that patch from Friday really did do some good? 

2 hours ago, wolvieware said:

Played this on Thursday on base PS4 and had many graphical issues - low res, constant freezing for a few seconds, bugs. Etc. Played for three hours

played some more today (about 2 hours) and found it wasn’t as bad as my first play session, a lot smoother and none of the freezing. I just wonder if that patch from Friday really did do some good? 

So would you say it's worth playing on a base ps4 or wait for more patches? I'm honestly torn.

40 minutes ago, DaTruthAboutCats said:

So would you say it's worth playing on a base ps4 or wait for more patches? I'm honestly torn.

I would wait. For me personally the first few hours on PS4 wasn't great, but not unplayable either. The game during interior segments is mostly playable but really struggles when exploring the open world. After seeing Digital Foundry's video of the game running on a PS5 via backwards compatibility, it made me decide to take a break from the game and pick up where I felt off once I'm able to get a PS5. 

Edited by Jake-TheGreat97
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jake-TheGreat97 said:

I would wait. For me personally the first few hours on PS4 wasn't great, but not unplayable either. The game during interior segments is mostly playable but really struggles when exploring the open world. After seeing Digital Foundry's video of the game running on a PS5 via backwards compatibility, it made me decide to take a break from the game and pick up where I felt off once I'm able to get a PS5. 

Alright. Will do. I've got a backlog to take care of anyway 

Of course I'm worried about Cyberpunk on my first gen PS4.
At the point that is almost unplayable. Crashed in the first 10 minutes, glitches, problems with textures it's absolutly horrible, can't finish some missions.. 
I'm even thinking about quiting the game and start over once I have my PS5 because it's pure horror at this point.

Sony Europe are apparently offering refunds extended beyond the usual ‘2-hours played’ time.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-13-sony-has-begun-refunding-unhappy-cyberpunk-2077-fans-playing-on-ps4

Not sure if other regions are similar.

Could be worth looking into for those disappointed - I suspect there will be patches to come, though CD Projekt Red’s stock is in freefall at the moment, so I suspect the first few will be rushed and buggy, as they try to get on top of the news cycle with anything to stop the bleeding.

I would imagine the PS5 / XboxX versions will be much more stable and successful.

• Like 1

That’s good news shame about the wait though. I’d love to play it now but think I might wait until more patches are out for PS4 or I upgrade to PS5 (hopefully soon if they ever become easily available!)

storyline wise/mission wise it’s been great so it’s rubbish the technical limitations are hampering it! 

Ever since the last update the game has been running smooth and they fixed the blurry washed out look. I haven't stumbled onto any bugs that'll ruin the experience so far apart from frequent crashes but those don't bother me much as you're back into the game within a couple seconds. Its quite interesting how the game just performs much better on the ps5 when the upgraded version isn't even out yet. It aint the holy grail of a game many youtubers hyped it up to be for the last couple of years but its still a damn great rpg. Don't ruin it for yourself by playing the horrid last gen versions. 

18 hours ago, DaTruthAboutCats said:

I tried it at a friend's house.

Personally I'm probably going to wait for the PS5 version.

I don't really mind a few occasional texture or clipping glitches.

But the slowdowns, inconsistent framerate and glitchy controls are bad enough for me to not buy the game at this stage.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 7:19 AM, Lordidude said:

I tried it at a friend's house.

Personally I'm probably going to wait for the PS5 version.

I don't really mind a few occasional texture or clipping glitches.

But the slowdowns, inconsistent framerate and glitchy controls are bad enough for me to not buy the game at this stage.

Thanks. I believe that's what I'll do. Hopefully they will do an overhaul and make the game what it was expected to be by that time

Decided to reload a save from a day ago to have another go at the game after the updates on my PS5...and I’m definitely waiting for more updates or the PS5 upgrade. If you’re playing this on base PS4, I feel bad for ya. 

I had to wait for the game to load my save for about 10 minutes, just to be placed back in the streets around polygon models walking everywhere, I’m talking flat faces/no textures whatsoever. Some characters took forever to have their textures load in, some still maintained the polygon look the entire time. I proceeded to a mission that required me to hop in a car with someone and the car’s model started bugging out and shooting out everywhere...I couldn’t even see the dude sitting right next to me in the car bc the car was in mid-autobot transformation ? once I passed several dumpsters half loaded in with trash floating in the air, I turned my PS5 off. This is all after the updates that rolled out.

I've been playing on original PS4 which from day 1 is still operating quietly and flawlessly. I've got about 30 hours into the game and have immensely enjoyed the overall experience thus far meaning, the story itself, the voice acting, the meaningful side quests that aren't just fetch, the fun/quick activities that you don't have to go extremely out of your way for and that you get nicely rewarded for unlike some other games (I'm looking at you AC: Valhalla) - there's no bloated content here. It isn't without it's faults, certainly. Mainly for me I've got some bad lag when transitioning screens (like going into my menu bar, or accessing phone calls/messages while driving, or changing perspectives while driving). The few bad graphics/popping I ran into initially were gone with Patch 1.04 and while it crashes still, it's far fewer crashes than it was on day one. The game is certainly playable on current gen systems.

Having said all that, with CDPR's public announcement, I've decided that I'm going to take a step back and wait until the game is fully patched and play it as intended when there'll be no more crashes, and the game will be improved on both performance and graphics. Hopefully by then I'll have been able to get a PS5 as well.

It's a hard decision for me, as I'm really enjoying the story, the characters, and I'm invested in V. But I think overall I'll enjoy it more if I can have just a bit of patience. 

• Like 1

I really want to enjoy this game but I just can't with the constant crashes and texture and bugs even on a PS4 Pro. I've bought some pretty bad games this year I regret buying and this had to be the icing on the cake. I mean I got the necklace as a pre-order at gamestop which probably cuts the price by 25% so there's that. Either than  that I can't enjoy this game with the state it's in. The story is so good but I want to enjoy it when it's in a better state and patched well. I think me and the majority of people will be stuck a that 4% with this game or maybe just started act 2 and wait from there. Props to you if you decide to tough it out and go for the story trophy but I just can't. It's not enjoyable for me right now. 

On 12/10/2020 at 7:20 AM, MeltedDreams1 said:

You know what's funny? All these people defending CD Projekt RED with their lives... Few days ago i said on twitter ''this game is going to be rough at launch'' and whole CD Projekt army bambarded me with 400+ notifications that i'm dumb and there is day 1 patch that will fix all issues. 1f602.png

Welcome to the melting dreams of being, right with zero acknowledgment. Adds to the flavor when you're intuition had it right, yet the mob encircles you.  I don't/trying not to worry about being understood anymore as I get a little older.  Glad the 2nd update came out as fast as it did.  A lot of fixs, the buescreens need a tad bit of tlc to say the least.  Really good game, and a bonus that into today's day and age it wasn't full blown lefty woke, ideology.  It was a genuine product of creativity. 

P.S.  They know you were right, people will never admit it.  Go one with sri Lankage, my wizard child.

On 12/10/2020 at 4:56 AM, Asuna Yuuki said:

It's true. It can get pretty laggy, glitch out, blue screen etc. But other and despite of that. I really enjoyed the Nomad story so far and spent 22 hours of playing the game and that's all it matters.

You enjoyed the nomad prologue. Only the first 30 minutes of the game are different for each lifepath. They all converge into the same game after the intro montage. Lots of cut content to get the game out. The entire rest of the game is the same for everyone, save for a few different dialogue choices.

I really want to play this as I was enjoying the game despite technical issues , and with Christmas coming up I had the time to sink into it over the break, but with them saying they will be doing further patches I feel like I want to wait to at least play it at the best quality I can. So for me gonna shelve it a for a few months. Not the worst I still have lots of other things to play but this is what I was most looking forward too.