Most Overrated Platinum in History

willmill97

I finished the vita wipeout on monday, people say its not as hard as HD and I expect HD to be a challenge, the rarity of the trophies is only because Wipeout was in the welcome pack so lots of people have it, from what I've heard its the hardest racing game on the ps3, I'll see if thats true when I finish gta

I found it adequately challenging. But I haven't tried any guitar hero games, gt5, ninja gaiden 2, et al. It's certainly achievable provided you know the tracks well. The AI can be frustrating and beating Zico can test your patience if you're someone like me. I found the controls a real pain in the ass, so pulling off the barrel roll onto the overpass was a challenge on its own. Can't call it an easy plat by any means. If that were the case, then every other game I've tried would be considered a Sunday picnic.

In any case, not sure why you're posting about it being overrated and easier than expected. Seems more like boasting about you being such a god-tier gamer. Suffice to say, a lot of people disagree with you. That, and what does it matter that it's not as hard as expected?

PS. please recommend me some challenging plats. If this is less than an 8 for you, then give me some 9's or 10's.

Edited by Trust_Crusher

I found it adequately challenging. But I haven't tried any guitar hero games, gt5, ninja gaiden 2, et al. It's certainly achievable provided you know the tracks well. The AI can be frustrating and beating Zico can test your patience if you're someone like me. I found the controls a real pain in the ass, so pulling off the barrel roll onto the overpass was a challenge on its own. Can't call it an easy plat by any means. If that were the case, then every other game I've tried would be considered a Sunday picnic.

In any case, not sure why you're posting about it being overrated and easier than expected. Seems more like boasting about you being such a god-tier gamer. Suffice to say, a lot of people disagree with you. That, and what does it matter that it's not as hard as expected?

PS. please recommend me some challenging plats. If this is less than an 8 for you, then give me some 9's or 10's.

COD BO1 & 2 zombie trophies are very difficult. Especially the easter eggs. Guitar hero's are hard, Littlebigplanet and Red Dead also

Also OP, LBP and the Black Ops game are in no way harder than Wipeout, that's just absurd.

In all fairness however, trophy difficulty is subjective. I've got a friend who was able to Platinum Arkham Asylum, but struggles with BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. On the other hand, I could Platinum the latter fifty times over if I wanted to, but wouldn't get anywhere near AA, even on the best of days.

• Like 2

The rarities didn't change much from before vs. after the Welcome Back package.

Also OP, LBP and the Black Ops game are in no way harder than Wipeout, that's just absurd.

I found the BO Easter Egg trophies A LOT harder than wipeout.  I found LBP hard when I was younger, but no so much now. But Guitar Hero is still a bitch.

• 2 months later...

Lol, you´re right, WipEout is overrated, but Guitar Hero is also overrated, especially Metallica and Van Halen.

Guitar Hero Greatest Hits is by far the hardest, and also at the moment impossible because of the online stuff :/

In my opinion Green Day Rock Band is the hardest platinum -.-

Guitar Hero Metallica is overrated to an extent. Only 1 trophy was hard for me for plat and that was 'Creeping Death'. Guitar Hero Van Halen isn't overrated at all. I'd have to agree that Greenday Rock band is the hardest plat ever, actually. Hits is a close second.

Guitar Hero Metallica is overrated to an extent. Only 1 trophy was hard for me for plat and that was 'Creeping Death'. Guitar Hero Van Halen isn't overrated at all. I'd have to agree that Greenday Rock band is the hardest plat ever, actually. Hits is a close second.

Lol, Creeping Death/Fight Fire with Fire are hard as 5 Stars Eruption etc.

GH VH is totally overrated, just 5 stars in all VH songs. Just 3.0 multi...

The only reason why WipeoutHD has such a high difficulty rating is because of the flood of newbs after the PSN outage back in 2011.

But hey, that's what the difficulty rating actually is meant for: How hard would this game be for a newcomer? 

I had a blast playing this game, and will forever cherish the memories I have of this game. 

This game was pretty easy once you find out how the ''random'' pickups work and how the AI responds to you.

My two cents: Always give the AI an headstart on Elite, not only will this grant you a speed pickup (if you drive over the pad) which is a great help for shortcuts etc. it also slows the AI down for the rest of the race.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

No, I have them set to L1/R1. But it doesn't matter. I can't even finish a race on Phantom speed. My ship explodes on lap 2 or 3 because all I do is pinball between walls.

Did you progress through all the cells on Elite? I plowed through the game on novice just to get the silver skin for Bling Brigade and ended up using the pilot assist to make it through Meltdown to where I could get the skin. I have to admit that I found that extremely difficult and it never got any easier. However, once I started playing the Elite difficulty with the pilot assist off, I noticed slow improvement. I would stay stuck on one particular event or race for hours or even another day. I just kept it and eventually made it through.

Yes, the game is frustrating even without the cheating AI. It can be done though. Don't give up!

• 1 month later...

Utterly a retarded thread.

Do I have Wipeout HD plat? Yes

Am i very good at the game now? Hell yes!

Is this an easy plat regardless of how good i am? Hell no and anyone who thinks its easy is just being one of those internet pricks that we all love :/

• Like 3

Why do you keep throwing the word "hard" around? I progressed through wipeout without any problems until I got to Meltdown on elite, and it's not like the AI are expert racers, they are cheating bastards, it's not hard, it's unfair, there's a difference.

You can get every trophy with a bit of training, and meltdown on elite just comes down to luck, because by then you should be good enough at the game to be able to finish the tracks and have to rely on how much the AI are going to screw you (because they will screw you), I'm awful at racing games and managed to platinum it...

Hardest racing game is GT5, no debate. Beating Vettel, Grand Tour, AMG etc. are far more challenging that anything WipeOut HD has to offer. As HardXDXtraga says above ^ the AI isn't very intelligent or skilled, it just bombards you with weapons, getting gold there is a matter of repeating the race,  following the optimum driving line until you get a lucky run without the AI screwing you. Overrall its a pretty challenging plat, but the trophy community has built its rep up a bit too much. I'd rate it 8/10, compared to GT5's 9.5/10. 

Hardest racing game is GT5, no debate. Beating Vettel, Grand Tour, AMG etc. are far more challenging that anything WipeOut HD has to offer. As HardXDXtraga says above ^ the AI isn't very intelligent or skilled, it just bombards you with weapons, getting gold there is a matter of repeating the race,  following the optimum driving line until you get a lucky run without the AI screwing you. Overrall its a pretty challenging plat, but the trophy community has built its rep up a bit too much. I'd rate it 8/10, compared to GT5's 9.5/10.

This, WipeOut is challenging, but child's play compared to GT5.

• Like 2