Free PS Plus game November 2020 - How hard is this game?

its_ArchroniX

A lot of people are going to check this game out now that it will be free with PS Plus for November 2020, along with Shadow of War but how hard is this game actually?

Asking mostly for 'casual' players that have no experience with games like this or want to try it out before getting bombed by its difficulty. I don't want to use the term 'Dark Souls- like' because that's overused but just to inform and possibly warn people before installing this game.

Edited by its_ArchroniX

In my personal opinion, the majority of this game moves around a 4/10 in challenge. It is an amazing game with loads of exploration, bosses, unique enemies and areas, and a fantastic soundtrack. 

The only challenge is in the fifth (and to some extent fourth) pantheon, which is a gauntlet where you need to defeat the strongest version of all 42 bosses in a row, without checkpoints. That bumps the platinum up to something around a 7/10 (my personal estimate), maybe 8/10 depending on what types of games one is used to. It was originally not part of the base game, but was added as free DLC later on and included in the Voidheart Edition on the PS4. 

It's definitely worth checking out. Was already a steal at its original price of ~15$. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

In my personal opinion, the majority of this game moves around a 4/10 in challenge. It is an amazing game with loads of exploration, bosses, unique enemies and areas, and a fantastic soundtrack. 

The only challenge is in the fifth (and to some extent fourth) pantheon, which is a gauntlet where you need to defeat the strongest version of all 42 bosses in a row, without checkpoints. That bumps the platinum up to something around a 7/10 (my personal estimate), maybe 8/10 depending on what types of games one is used to. It was originally not part of the base game, but was added as free DLC later on and included in the Voidheart Edition on the PS4. 

It's definitely worth checking out. Was already a steal at its original price of ~15$. 

Knowing your opinion on the exploit as you stated numerous times in the recent past, I will agree that it's probably best for people to do the game legit. Already on my Wishlist, and if it's as good as what many people say it is, then it should be fun.

Edited by Spaz

I did the game “legit” and I’d put it around a 7-8/10. Hard, but not unreasonably so. I think there’s an exploit now but I don’t know anything about it. I’d imagine it takes away a lot from the experience but it’s good to keep in mind that you could theoretically fall back on it if needed.

It's hard. You'll get lost, you'll die, you'll get lost again, and you'll probably die again. However, it is a truly beautiful game. The atmosphere, the characters, the music...Team Cherry nailed it. Try not to let the difficulty turn you away. optimusmart and Optinooby have put together a damn brilliant guide for helping out along the way to 112% completion, and if trophies are a definite must, there's the invincibility glitch. Just be aware that you're going to have to do a few tough parts in order to get to the point where you can do the glitch, but it's nothing that should truly hold you back.

My advice? Enjoy it! Bring on Silksong :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mori said:

People should definitely get the game. Team Cherry is an amazing Indie Dev. who puts so much love and care into their game.

If trophies are the only reason holding you back, just use the exploit. It's not worth to skip the game, because of a trophy.

I hope people see how much of a gem HK is and will buy their next game Hollow Knight: Silksong, which was planned as a DLC but turned into a fully-fledged game, cause the project became too big. 

Srsly 15€ was a steal, HK for free... what are you waiting for?

27 minutes ago, SnowStorm said:

It's hard. You'll get lost, you'll die, you'll get lost again, and you'll probably die again. However, it is a truly beautiful game. The atmosphere, the characters, the music...Team Cherry nailed it. Try not to let the difficulty turn you away. optimusmart and Optinooby have put together a damn brilliant guide for helping out along the way to 112% completion, and if trophies are a definite must, there's the invincibility glitch. Just be aware that you're going to have to do a few tough parts in order to get to the point where you can do the glitch, but it's nothing that should truly hold you back.

My advice? Enjoy it! Bring on Silksong :) 

I couldnt agree any more xD

Me and Optimusmart are the same, we are 1, I just like to confuse!! No its cuz I was transitioning over to a new main and had a few WIP guides started with old account. I tried asking Sly to remove not so smart Optimusmart from the author list but no such luck ;(

Sorry, HK is awesome, every1 should give it a chance at least. Play it blind, use the guide to simplify it or use the glitch! 

There are many options to use here, difficulty shouldnt be much of a problem. 

Team Cherry needs you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhoElseBut-Matty said:

who cares how difficult or not difficult it can be to people? if you like the look of it, give it a download and decide then if you wanna keep playing or not it's not like you need to decide whether to purchase it first just see from personal experience how you feel

I know that but there are a lot of trophy hunters (kinda including myself) that hate it to start a game and leave it in their list without ever completing it. Would be a shame of course.

1 hour ago, its_ArchroniX said:

I know that but there are a lot of trophy hunters (kinda including myself) that hate it to start a game and leave it in their list without ever completing it. Would be a shame of course.

yea that i can understand if that's what you're in to, didn't mean for the post to come across as aggressive so apologies if it sort of did 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...