Wtf is wrong with this game?

HaserPL

I'm grinding the miles to get the mods unlocked for all the cars, during the past 3 days I've played for about 15 hours and none of my miles done during that time saved. I FUCKING FINISHED 5 CARS IN THIS TIME and now it's all gone. My rank/speed points didn't change though. I even made sure the game would save its progress by driving in a different car to unlock a mod for it, and waited until the game save symbol showed up. fuck this game.

21 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

After I've done every single NFS on PS3 XD?

I suppose it depends on what your definition of 'done' is tbh - I don't remember there being a trophy for collecting all mods for all cars for example, but if you are doing it for a personal goal, then that's different.

As for why it wouldn't save your progress, I have no idea. I can't say I encountered any issues with this game, but I did play it 8 years ago. 

Edited by Forrest_01

2 minutes ago, Forrest_01 said:

I suppose it depends on what your definition of 'done' is tbh - I don't remember there being a trophy for collecting all mods for all cars for example, but if you are doing it for a personal goal, then that's different.

All mods are needed for all DLC cars in order to unlock the license plate with whom you need to perform a takedown to get the trophy.

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

All mods are needed for all DLC cars in order to unlock the license plate with whom you need to perform a takedown to get the trophy.

Fair enough - Never played the DLC, so had no idea that was a requirement. Also means I can't be any help here, so I'm out. ;) 

@Forrest_01 no worries, thanks for the interest anyway. What I figured after some testing and this is something that no guide mentions, you have to come back to the singleplayer after grinding in order to save the progress, you can stick around in one lobby for 12 hours and the server will not save your progress during this whole time. You have to save manually. Pathetic.

It also happened to me once. From what I remember, I left the PS3 running while I was away. The controller ran out of battery power and I was ejected from the game for inactivity. Nothing was saved, I had to redo everything. I don't know if it's the same case as you.  I think it's best to go back to single-player mode after every online game session. I didn't have any more backup problems when I did that.

54 minutes ago, Azimir_ said:

It also happened to me once. From what I remember, I left the PS3 running while I was away. The controller ran out of battery power and I was ejected from the game for inactivity. Nothing was saved, I had to redo everything. I don't know if it's the same case as you.  I think it's best to go back to single-player mode after every online game session. I didn't have any more backup problems when I did that.

I think the DLC has something to do with it because when I went for the platinum a while back ago, I haven't had problems whatsoever. The first hour after installing the DLC, my game froze and I lost my save file (luckily i didn't need it anymore), but from then it froze 6 times and always had some problems with progress being lost..

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2020 at 0:36 AM, HaserPL said:

I think the DLC has something to do with it because when I went for the platinum a while back ago, I haven't had problems whatsoever. The first hour after installing the DLC, my game froze and I lost my save file (luckily i didn't need it anymore), but from then it froze 6 times and always had some problems with progress being lost..

I went back to this game and have carried on with my save being 2 years old and everything is the same as it was and i have all 4 dlcs, maybe you have just got unlucky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had this too. While I was with a friend doing speedlist events it saved but when I was alone I lost progress on 3 cars because I just turned off the PS3 when I was done after seeing the save icon, then my friend told me always go back to single player let it save then quit then turn off. I also had my single player file corrupt because it froze while saving because it saves all the time and I kept rushing to replay a dlc speed run so after that I had to keep stopping to copy my save onto a usb.