Glitched Murphy Challenge at 4095m (2020-10-29 Weekly Extreme)

Arkiokin

2 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

The weekly challenge is a "4095" glitched one, so 2 words on it :

1st : The 4095 glitched challenges themselves appear 4 times a year in average, but weekly one appear very rarely (less than only one time in a complete year, even if this time it's the second weekly one in a year) : if you play until 4095m, your character will be stopped by a bone-wall, and will die = end of the challenge (time to reach this distance : less than 6 minutes)

2nd : Luckily, this one is a pretty easy one.

For more infos on the greatest difficulties : at 1750m : beta phase and at 3750m : alpha phase. That's it

So with 7 days to play on it, it's a very good chance to gain a diamond cup there (the last time a 4095 weekly challenge appeared, 9 diamond cups were granted thanks to this glitched point)

A last point : for the moment, the Top players who reached this point used Rayman to make exactly 4095.36m : using rayman is the easiest way to succeed this challenge, BUT, if some other players decide to reach the max possible distance, they will choose to play with a princess character to reach exactly 4095.43m (or eventually a teensie with an equivalent 4095.42m). If they choose to play with a princess, this challenge will become a bit harder, but if they are enough kind to understand playing with rayman is a better choice to keep chance for other new players, well, your chances to gain a diamond will be higher, otherwise, as soon as you see someone with a 4095.43m score (even if I hope no one wil do that), change your character for a princess one if you wan to gain a diamond cup. Anyway, don't play at all with a globox character : you will stop exactly at 4095.24m and you won't gain any diamond cup at the end.

If needed, like usual, I may record a video of the complete challenge, but not today. For the moment you can take a look on other threads with other 4095 videos

Good luck for motivated players !!

Thanks for the tips, my plat HAS TO come this week then haha

How risky is that everybody play as Rayman and some a-hole decide to do a run with the princess on the final hours just to negate the diamond to everybody who did as Rayman?

To be honest, given the history, I would just advise to play as a Princess from the beginning while it's still early. Worst thing that can happen is that on the final day after everyone gets their score as Rayman, someone, somewhere decides to use a Princess and everyone has to redo the challenge as a Princess.

Thank you for this update @Arkiokin, much appreciated.

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

Thanks for the tips, my plat HAS TO come this week then haha

How risky is that everybody play as Rayman and some a-hole decide to do a run with the princess on the final hours just to negate the diamond to everybody who did as Rayman?

Haha, come on, you know the people who still play this. You KNOW someone will use a princess. I'd be surprised if someone hasn't already.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Haha, come on, you know the people who still play this. You KNOW someone will use a princess. I'd be surprised if someone hasn't already.

You're right, being away from this game for months since I finished the level 11 trophy has made me soft.

I'll definitely start to practice as a princess, I can't even guarantee i'll reach the end until the week is over.

5 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

The weekly challenge is a "4095" glitched one, so 2 words on it :

1st : The 4095 glitched challenges themselves appear 4 times a year in average, but weekly one appear very rarely (less than only one time in a complete year, even if this time it's the second weekly one in a year) : if you play until 4095m, your character will be stopped by a bone-wall, and will die = end of the challenge (time to reach this distance : less than 6 minutes)

2nd : Luckily, this one is a pretty easy one.

For more infos on the greatest difficulties : at 1750m : beta phase and at 3750m : alpha phase. That's it

So with 7 days to play on it, it's a very good chance to gain a diamond cup there (the last time a 4095 weekly challenge appeared, 9 diamond cups were granted thanks to this glitched point)

A last point : for the moment, the Top players who reached this point used Rayman to make exactly 4095.36m : using rayman is the easiest way to succeed this challenge, BUT, if some other players decide to reach the max possible distance, they will choose to play with a princess character to reach exactly 4095.43m (or eventually a teensie with an equivalent 4095.42m). If they choose to play with a princess, this challenge will become a bit harder, but if they are enough kind to understand playing with rayman is a better choice to keep chance for other new players, well, your chances to gain a diamond will be higher, otherwise, as soon as you see someone with a 4095.43m score (even if I hope no one wil do that), change your character for a princess one if you wan to gain a diamond cup. Anyway, don't play at all with a globox character : you will stop exactly at 4095.24m and you won't gain any diamond cup at the end.

If needed, like usual, I may record a video of the complete challenge, but not today. For the moment you can take a look on other threads with other 4095 videos

Good luck for motivated players !!

Hey, how can I change my runner? I have been using globox since the beginning

Concerning the fact to play with Rayman : the last time I suggested everybody (here) play with this character, every player effectively played the challenge with rayman and NOT with a princess (which, if I correctly remembered, changed nothing to the result because no new player made any effort to play seriously this 4095 challenge). Moreover, pro-players will play soon this challenge, and you will see quickly their understanding. However, if someone do a 4095 distance with a princess in the last hours, it would not be a problem for players who played with rayman, since there will be more than 200 players (very likely) at the end of the challenge : all players will be ranked at least 2nd, so also diamond. But do as you wish : as far as I'm concerned, I only need 5 minutes to reach this distance with any sort of character, at any time ;)

That being said, every player who try a bit hard on this challenge should at least reach 3750~3800m (the place of the alpha difficulty) : if you are not able to reach this point, it really doesn't matter at all if you chose a character rather than another, but to reach this point the BETTER practice is to use first rayman : you will have much more succeed tries, with less stupid deaths, so you will gain a lot of time. After that, if you have the "level" to reach this 3700m point, well, do as you wish to choose another character if you are too scared to loose a diamond

• Like 2

Changing murfy runner:

I'll see when exactly i play it, possibly i'll record a run if anyone deems it necessary

Even if someone ends up doing 4095,43m its still possible you'll get a diamond with rayman, because its a weekly & distance (& vacation for kids & this corona thing apparently getting worse again) its possible the player count will raise quite a bit, if enough people then also see there's a relatively doable diamond to earn it could even get to 300 players

I'd strongly advise to try and get this because it could take a long while till one shows up again, especially in a weekly, this is also way better to learn because the sections are always in the same pattern instead, so you can know beforehand 'this is a hard spot' if you died there before

Doing 4095m, takes up 6 minutes, so even if you try 10x per day you wont spend more than an hour each day, given with holidays... It should be possible to 'tryhard' somewhere this weekend just to learn yourself how to do this

On the other hand, if you feel like raging/angering after countless of fails, just stop, you only get more aggressive towards the game, instead stop a bit, do something else, and then restart when you have a fresh(er) mind

And if you need help with 'the hard sections':

I tried to explain it here as deep as i possibly could, i cant see what else i can say to help more

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

Changing murfy runner:

I'll see when exactly i play it, possibly i'll record a run if anyone deems it necessary

Even if someone ends up doing 4095,43m its still possible you'll get a diamond with rayman, because its a weekly & distance (& vacation for kids & this corona thing apparently getting worse again) its possible the player count will raise quite a bit, if enough people then also see there's a relatively doable diamond to earn it could even get to 300 players

I'd strongly advise to try and get this because it could take a long while till one shows up again, especially in a weekly, this is also way better to learn because the sections are always in the same pattern instead, so you can know beforehand 'this is a hard spot' if you died there before

Doing 4095m, takes up 6 minutes, so even if you try 10x per day you wont spend more than an hour each day, given with holidays... It should be possible to 'tryhard' somewhere this weekend just to learn yourself how to do this

On the other hand, if you feel like raging/angering after countless of fails, just stop, you only get more aggressive towards the game, instead stop a bit, do something else, and then restart when you have a fresh(er) mind

I tried to explain it here as deep as i possibly could, i cant see what else i can say to help more

Thank you, I was looking for that pillar video but I couldn't find it!!

To clarify: around 1500 there's a beta(?) section, and then at almost 1800 there's an Alfa, right? I'll try to note these down as I reach them

Nvm I reread the op and noticed my mistake

Edited by shiru__desu

31 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

Changing murfy runner:

Why Rayman is considered easier?

I dunno why, but i feel much more comfortable playing with the princess.

With Rayman I die randomly at the "cut the rope" sections, where with princess I almost never die there.

4 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Why Rayman is considered easier?

I dunno why, but i feel much more comfortable playing with the princess.

With Rayman I die randomly at the "cut the rope" sections, where with princess I almost never die there.

Exactly. I lost about an hour trying with Rayman and dying at those as well, but it doesn't happen when I use the princess 

I guess it's because of the death jump princess glitch?

Edited by shiru__desu

@EdinhoN @shiru__desu to cut the rope with rayman, look at the background, somewhere in the middle u'll see a closed gate, wait for rayman to pass there, doesn't matter how far (heck he can even be almost at the spikes) but he has to be 'after' the entire gate, en when he is you cut the rope at the right end of the gate in the background from up to down, rayman will slide to the end of the rope that you cut (because gravity i suppose) & fall in the bumpers etc.

Princesses indeed have the death jump glitch, i dunno if it matters here, but by doing the 'princess strategy' for all of the 'rings' section, you can end up in a horrible position even without pillar winds after it (think 'fireballs', you'd have alot more speed when you enter it, therefore making the fireball/eye/things harder to kill, and if that isnt enough... Think of it being entirely a beta... Thats just brutal to counter, even for me, and i have a couple of years of experience)

My 'pillar winds tutorial' is probably hidden, thats why you couldnt find it

Also, as a useful tip for beta's or fireballs section in general (as it seems its a choking point for most): if rings or rope happens before it, the section is already 'loading' before you actually reach it (technically u are just slow on the 'walking to' it), then you actually dont need to kill the first fireball after the platform u swipe, but definitely have to kill the last one if you 'do the section as you normally do'

Now, this happens on alot of other phases too, but i found the rings & rope the easiest to 'see' beforehand if you need to kill the first or last (if you end up in such case, look at the very first fireball at the first bumper, if that one is 'quite a bit going upwards already and actually pretty much at the same height of the 2nd bumper' then usually that is the spot im talking about 'kill the last')

If the fireball at the bumper 'is only just spawned & very low still' (you approach the section fast) then you definitely have to kill the first fireball after the platform you swipe, but not necessarily the last (it really depends...)

Its hard to explain precisely, but i hope that 'watch fireball after rings or rope' can give you enough of the insight to see what your best bet is to do on that section ? especially because with it you can start 'risking' to negate some fireballs & make it easier to surpass, because i guess what most of you people are trying to do is 'kill everything that can kill you' therefore just mashing your thumbs basically everywhere on the screen (at least, i was when i started playing this ?)

For Helping further, I HIGHLY recommend to look carefully these 3 videos on these 4095m challenges : 

First, look this video of the 2018 july weekly challenge : it was the hardest 4095 challenge ever, and it's a full run recorded, so you can see several beta phases and several alpha phases (READ the DESCRIPTION of this video) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxqQiQHu5Eo&feature=emb_title

Second, look this more "tutorial" video and again READ the DESCRIPTION : you will understand why using a princess should be a harder choice for you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvHEKXMwdzg

Third, simply understand what is a "4095" challenge with this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qcH_2dw-2k&list=PLtMnxkyFwUs_VQRZiOPzmtryW2xWzB7Sq&index=3

This add will be pin on the OP of this thread ;)

For @AdruA_ you're right about mashing every fire eye-ball on the screen, it was also my case at the beginning (but not with my thumb of course, always with my index finger) and it's yet the case sometimes when the first fireball is too low (after a slow wind phase of course or if I create a slow phase when rayman is glued too longer on an horizontal platform I anticipate to move right, just before that : but you know what I mean : it's a pain, especially with a beta combination just after ;) )

Edited by Arkiokin

6 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

For @AdruA_ you're right about mashing every fire eye-ball on the screen, it was also my case at the beginning (but not with my thumb of course, always with my index finger) and it's yet the case sometimes when the first fireball is too low (after a slow wind phase of course or if I create a slow phase when rayman is glued too longer on an horizontal platform I anticipate to move right, just before that : but you know what I mean : it's a pain, especially with a beta combination just after ;) )

Yeah, the fireballs overwhelm you very fast, and due to them spawning 'not always exactly the same' its hard to anticipate correctly, it gets very confusing on a moment you actually have no time to be confused

I played the challenge, and I can say: beta at 1800m is doable without killing 'the first after the platform', but on 2400m & 3900m I had to kill those too (even both)

Apparently my 'explanation' above about the first fireballs' placement is probably a tad wrong, but thats mainly because i put my focus 'on that fireball & ignore the rest', but my basic method is still correct enough: when rings or rope happens before it, look at where the fireballs are, remember that, and anytime that it looks closely the same, you can do the same method

Also my 'rope cutting' apparently wasn't 100% accurate but that doesnt matter (its not a gate in the background, its more like a 'castle window') but the strategy is correct, apparently whenever i play a Murfy distance I only focus on the small parts that need attention & forget the rest (probably i act in some sort auto-mode)

Actually when playing the challenge i started to focus on what i tried to explain, and guess what, i died some 5ish times at the fireballs just trying to look at the section differently, so i strongly advise to keep trying to play the challenge, even if you die 5x in a row at the same section you still 'learn' your own technique at it

Hey guys, I’ve watched your videos, but I am stuck on beta phase at 1798, so I still have some questions: 

1. Which is the easiest and the most consistent way to deal with beta pillars?

(Also which fireballs are really necessary to tap right before that? Sometimes it seems that there’s only a one that needs to be killed really)

2. I got the idea that to deal with an alpha phase you should bump rayman with the first pillar and then lifting the second one by 25-40%. Is this the only way to succeed on alpha pillars?

Edited by kirillburton
Grammar

1 hour ago, kirillburton said:

1. Which is the easiest and the most consistent way to deal with beta pillars?

(Also which fireballs are really necessary to tap right before that? Sometimes it seems that there’s only a one that needs to be killed really)

I basically explained that a couple of posts before, before the platform its doable to kill them all, doesn't need to though

After the platform is the choking point, because as you swipe the platform you have to switch ur thumb fast to kill the fireballs, at 1800m you shouldn't have to try & kill the first one, but definitely the last one (that is, if you land on the platform normal, if you are late & rayman has to climb onto it, the fireballs already continue their trajectory & because they are different places its possible you need to adjust which one to kill)

2. I got the idea that to deal with an alpha phase you should bump rayman with the first pillar and then lifting the second one by 25-40%. Is this the only way to succeed on alpha pillars?

No, alpha's dont necessarily need that, i guess you are thinking 'rayman jumps over the first pillar directly into the 2nd' but he only does that if you swipe down pillar 1 too late (or make it hop)(explained in my tutorial video a couple of posts ago)

The reason why alpha's are different is because his jump from pillar 1 to 3 doesnt gain enough speed (by walking towards pillar 1 he doesnt walk enough to get his 'normal running speed' because he jumps before acquiring that speed) & therefore dies at pillar 3, the 'pillar 1 up-swipe' is because then he is placed high enough so he can reach pillar 3, and thats also the case why -if he jumps over pillar 1- the 2nd needs to get higher (80-90%) instead of 40%ish because he doesnt have enough speed to reach pillar 3 even if he bumps pillar 2 at 40% (the higher you pull pillar 2, the further you land, is essentially what it does)

But you shouldn't try to learn 'late or hopped' pillar 1, because it makes it so hard to react

Instead, perfect your timing on pulling pillar 1 down so rayman definitely lands on it, for alpha's you then gain the opportunity to pull it up 'if he landed on it' & make it easier for yourself instead of trying to kinda 'pinball-bumping' him through everything

In any pillar wind phase you have to look ahead before it happens, basically when I play murfy distances I only focus on 1 thing: is there a wind coming?, With my thumb on the utter right end of the screen, already ready to swipe down, just in case it happens

In alpha's, I'd even start swiping it down at the moment even the slightest sign of the spikes of the pillar show up on the screen, just so i'd have enough time to look at rayman jumping on it, holding my thumb ready (but not touching) at the pillar to swipe it up again

Don't be hasty on any pillar swipe, dont 'fast fast fast i need to pull up or down' because you definitely will make a mistake by hopping it, making the rest way harder to traverse

Just be early by looking ahead, swipe it down in a decent single stroke, and keep calm, dont stress

• Like 1

thanks for the response, you are helping a lot!

1 hour ago, AdruA_ said:

at 1800m you shouldn't have to try & kill the first one, but definitely the last one

I have finally beaten the beta pillars, but by the time I did that I have experimented a lot with the fireballs and figured that you’re perfectly fine not touching any of them at all if you’re fast enough with the platform and ignore anything else like lums or pillows

thanks for the response, you are helping a lot!

I have finally beaten the beta pillars, but by the time I did that I have experimented a lot with the fireballs and figured that you’re perfectly fine not touching any of them at all if you’re fast enough with the platform and ignore anything else like lums or pillows

For this part maybe, but none the all fireballs phases have the same configurations, as AdruA said (in fact it is sometimes totally different and you can yourself make this configuration more or less advantageous : as sometimes you have time and the correct path before to slower the next fireballs configuration (for example when waiting longer on a ring, before move it to the right, before this fireballs phase))

Anyway, talking more further about alpha phase, I wrote this long time ago : 

"

An alpha is simply the combination of an horizontal platform with the 4 pillars after that. On an alpha it's pretty different of all other 4 pilars phase by 2 points :

1) on a normal phase you have a time interval when you can lower first pillar with 100% chance to succeed the rest and without push up this first pillar (it begins as soon as possible and it lasts at least half second to one second depending on the phase) but on an "alpha" you have no interval, it's a specific location/moment, in fact there are 2 specific moments to lower this pillar : first moment (and this is always this moment I search to use) is NOT as soon as possible, but nearly just at the moment the pillar appears completely on the screen (and so not before and not after), the second moment is later and between these 2 moments or earlier or after it's a fail : like ALL the 4 pillar phase, the aim is that rayman NEVER stumble on this first pillar, so it's only possible with lower at one of these two moments. if he doesn't stumble and so jump correctly above the pillar you have after that, the second specificity of an "alpha" :

2) in fact, you will succeed a classic 4 pillar phase by simply lower the first, lower the third and lower the 4th, but there are some configurations of these phases where a glitch may occur and you will die on 3rd or 4th, even if the same configuration could also be not glitched. I named a configuration glitched "sliders desactivated". In fact there are only four 4 "4 pillars in the wind phase" where you could encounter sliders desactivated : first it's when it follows a mid curve (up to down) of lums with approximatively 20% chance to have sliders desactivated, then you have the configuration that follows a gaussian curve of lums with 33% chance to be desactivated, you have also the "beta phase" with a tiny probability of desactivated (1 ~2%) and you have the alpha phase with a big probability of desactivated (75% at least) All the others "4 pillars" phases are absolutly not dangerous! However, you can also notice this is only true before phase 3/glitch phase that begin from 32.8km. At this special point, ALL potentially sliders desactivated phases become at 100% desactivated !! and a few others "4 sliders in the wind" phases become also "sliders desactivated" The only method to not dying on desactivated sliders is only to push up the first pillar when rayman is above, this is why I always push up first pillar on an alpha (and also after a gaussian curve but it's a rare configuration) and never on the other 4 pillars phase (even on the 2 other phases with potential desactivated sliders because the risk is not very high, unless I go in a very long distance, where I do it, to take no risk at all) You can also notice that all the probabilities I talked above are only if you take rayman. If you take another character the probabilities are not the same, and sliders desactivated with a character are probably not desactivated with an other on the same challenge (on an alpha with globox the probability is smaller but higher on the other 4 pillars phases for example) To return to the "alpha" If rayman Stumble on the first pillar, it's almost death, because even if you push up first pillar you will die on the 4th pillar at best. Nevertheless, recently, I finally find how not die but it's very difficult and the timing is short like tenth of a second : you must push up first pillar, push up also second pillar but NOT entirely (with also big risk to die on the spades of this pillar) and lower 3rd, but if you are not quite fast, rayman will jump on the spades of the 4th.

3) On an alpha, and to have more time to prepare the good moment to lower correctly first pillar (first good moment), I now move the horizontal platform (before the 4 pillars phase) BEFORE rayman has jumped on. With that, he can hang on this platform and you have more time to concentrate the moment the 1st pillar appear completely on the screen (not too early and not to late remember) but this technic of this horizontal platform is only a tip to have more time, if you move slowly or quickly or incompletely this platform this will no change the good moment you will to have lower first pillar, ALL is to lower at the good moment. statistically, with 10 or 20 game plays and with differents tries you will inevitably lower the 1st pillar in the good timing, after that just push up and you will win 

"

To resume all of this : on an alpha phase you must lower the fist pillar and pray your character will not stumble above it : if he don't stumble : push up this first pillar when he's above it, and simply low down 3rd and 4th pillars (no need to touch the 2nd pillar)

if he stumbles above it... well it needs months of practice to not die there, and it needs effectively to manipulate also the 2nd pillar. Well, don't be too optimistic there : you will die.

Anyway, with something like 10 tries on an alpha you should have at least 3 or 4 times the character will jump correctly above the 1st pillar (so no stumble/no hop!) so you will have these 3 or 4 tries to just push up correctly the first pillar and it's done!! 

Btw, I tested this alpha at 3700m with rayman and with globox to see, eventually, if it doesn't need to push up the first pillar (it's rare but an alpha could be not "desactivated" ) : no luck : you MUST push up the first pillar, otherwise you will die onto the 3rd pillar (death at 3804m)

Edited by Arkiokin

1 hour ago, Arkiokin said:

in fact there are 2 specific moments to lower this pillar : first moment (and this is always this moment I search to use) is NOT as soon as possible, but nearly just at the moment the pillar appears completely on the screen (and so not before and not after), the second moment is later and between these 2 moments or earlier or after it's a fail : like ALL the 4 pillar phase, the aim is that rayman NEVER stumble on this first pillar, so it's only possible with lower at one of these two moments. if he doesn't stumble and so jump correctly above the pillar you have after that, the second specificity of an "alpha" : 

"

if he stumbles above it... well it needs months of practice to not die there, 

I keep dying there because I always stumble. I was trying to lower it as soon as possible, so maybe that's my problem?

I will also switch to rayman. I was used to the Princess, but since she is less reliable in these pillar sections it's probably for the best

16 minutes ago, kirillburton said:

have finally beaten the beta pillars, but by the time I did that I have experimented a lot with the fireballs and figured that you’re perfectly fine not touching any of them at all if you’re fast enough with the platform and ignore anything else like lums or pillows

Maybe... Its possible you could do it at the beta section at 1800m

However in some cases (like 2400m & 3900m) your character will progress too fast or slow regardless, and you will have to kill some anyway, so i think its better to actually learn to do it than to hope & risk (imagine dying after the alpha by a stupid fireball)

Besides, i think in your case you were 'slow' instead of fast (if ur faster, fireball 1 gets in the way, but if ur quite slower, then fireball 2 actually traversed enough so you jump over it instead of into it) ofcourse you could've been lucky & get into the sweet spot where fireball 1 is 'too high' & fireball 2 'not low enough yet' but i dont think that being so lucky is enough to state to everyone 'its doable without killing any'

Alpha's can also be done without 'pillar 1 up', but to 'perfect' the platform in such a way that it can be done as a regular pillar wind is so immensely precise it really acts more as luck than skill, therefore we learn a strategy with a way higher success rate instead of 'hoping to get lucky'

Im not saying you're wrong or anything, its definitely possible, im just explaining that what you're saying, isnt gonna turn out well of you try this 100% of the time, thats also why im talking about these 'tricks' as a 'if this, then that, but only if this, if not this, then also not that'