Glitched Murphy Challenge at 4095m (2020-10-29 Weekly Extreme)

Arkiokin

3 hours ago, kirillburton said:

The most crucial tips of all for me were these:

You literally listed all the tips that helped me. Honestly, I don't know how long it would have taken me to notice all those... This list should be copy pasted to the next thread about a glitched challenge

39 minutes ago, shiru__desu said:

You literally listed all the tips that helped me. Honestly, I don't know how long it would have taken me to notice all those... This list should be copy pasted to the next thread about a glitched challenge

This could be a good idea, even if unfortunately, the next 4095 challenge will be certainly :

- 1st : a daily one

- 2nd : it will have (statistically) much more diffcult phases, and when you have 2 alphas (and, not like here, 2 desactivated alphas) 3 betas and 1 sigma in a 4095 challenge it's not at all the same game and even with more tips it will be something...else to be succeeded

In general a murfy's challenge on vita is not like the other distance challenge, because of the proportion of these difficult paths : someone could, for example reach 15km one day, without very few difficulties until there, and in the same challenge someone else will do 17km, with 4 alphas between 15 and 17km : for other players with an outside eye : these scores should appear very similar, but the gap of skill is, in fact, enormous. In the same way you could do one day 11km with like 5 alphas and 6 betas and some other difficulties phases we did'nt mentionned yet here (gamma phases, speed beta, pillars in the wind after a lums's bell etc...) which could be much more valuable in term of skills than doing even 20 km with haven't to succeed even one alpha (even if you have to be enough consistent to keep your calm during 30 minutes, which need also some other qualities) : all these distances can't be totally compared between different murfy's challenges (contrary to other distance challenges, where none difficulty is particularly harder to another with practice), except at very high distances (even with reaching 33km you have at least to succeed 3 to 14 alphas, and in average 7) so the performances can be smoothed a bit in relation to each others. It's like the same you have in some acrobatic sports : the final result could only be judged by the rate of difficulties you can attribute to a specific challenge

4 hours ago, kirillburton said:

Thanks again to everyone and especially to @Arkiokin and @AdruA_
P.S. Also there was not a single problem with rings on a princess for me, maybe it’s just this unique sequence this week but anyway

At the sequence at 2600m (and this is the only rings section on this challenge), you should have the glitch where the princess has no more speed and will throw herself onto the spikes of the next pillar (I tested it, and had personally this problem one time, and I did exactly the same movement you can see in the ChenZheCHN video I pinned on OP : for him and for you it worked, but it's random, it only works at 100% using the technique to avoid the first ring)

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

WTF

I got gold instead of Diamond, no trophy popped for me.

Fuck my life, I'll never ever have this platinum

Edit:

Ok it popped after the server showed a popup that I got diamond. Weird it's only gold in the gallery for me.

What a relief ^_^

I totally thought I was screwed.

Just came back home from a surgery, I didn't need another shit for the day lol

Thanks Adrua and Arkiokin (and ChenZhen for the great video too).

You guys are amazing pro players in this game and very helpful, I admire your stance for being friendly to noobs

Edited by EdinhoN
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

WTF

I got gold instead of Diamond, no trophy popped for me.

Fuck my life, I'll never ever have this platinum

No it's impossible, you must be misconfused with the cup above your painting wich must certainly be a gold cup (in fact with less than 300 players, only 2 diamonds but ONLY on paintings not in real will appear randomly) : look more carefully your diamond counter. Even players having made 4095.42m gained a diamond cup...

Edited by Arkiokin

2 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

No it's impossible, you must be misconfused with the cup above your painting wich must certainly be a gold cup (in fact with less than 300 players, only 2 diamonds but ONLY on paintings not in real will appear randomly) : look more carefully your diamond counter. Even players having made 4095.42m gained a diamond cup...

Yeah lol, check my edited answer.

2 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Yeah lol, check my edited answer.

Well, I better understand, I had fear during several seconds haha. However, concerning the trophy, I already heard sometimes players didn't get it because they had a bug when they enter the online (they enter the online BEFORE the end of the challenge and gained no trophy) : luckily it was not your case ^^

And thanks for your words ! thank you too for having playing seriously this challenge, it deserves a lot our explanation efforts :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

All new players who reached this goal (or those who were able to reach distances between 2500 and 3500m) proved that this feeling of a 4095m distance too far/impossible is more of an illusion than the reality in fact ;) : put barriers to yourself and you will never improve yourself. Maybe, with some luck the next challenge will be a 300m glitched one (it occured one time in the history after a 4095 one or few time after), but the barriers will be always there

Very true. I don't want to come off as too pessimistic but my brain turns into noodles when I watch these 4,095 runs. I know it's possible but I've hardly improved and that itself is discouraging especially when I see how far I need to go. I've hardly been able to get over 1,100 meters.

Again, I appreciate the motivation and kind words. It does give me a glimmer of hope that I can finally nail down this elusive platinum.

Yeah, the leaderboards, and the cup above the painting, dont show 'diamond', because only the guy being '1/1xx' or '2/2xx' will see the diamond cups

Those don't matter, what matters is 'your cups' when looking at your points, if a diamond gets added in there, you get the trophy ?

Congrats to everyone for earning this 'near impossible' trophy

So, final results of this challenge :

- 21 diamond cups granted !! (a bit less than 20 players with a diamond cup) : it was like the quantity granted on an old weekly challenge at the mid 2015 !

- 12 "champion trophy" gained.

Only one player reaching the glitched point without a diamond cup (rakimas) : the game with the princess in the second part of this challenge luckily worked much more than expected.

Congrats to all players for your interest on this "session" See you a next time with as much motivation and efforts ^^

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5.11.2020 at 0:40 PM, AdruA_ said:

Yeah, the leaderboards, and the cup above the painting, dont show 'diamond', because only the guy being '1/1xx' or '2/2xx' will see the diamond cups

Those don't matter, what matters is 'your cups' when looking at your points, if a diamond gets added in there, you get the trophy 1f609.png

Congrats to everyone for earning this 'near impossible' trophy

You are great players in Rayman Legends for sure, but you don't mind that you get a lot of diamonds by cheating?

How many of your diamonds did you get by glitches?

I understand getting levels or items in the game due to a bug or glitch, but using them in games against other players is not fair.

7 minutes ago, eternit_pl said:

I understand getting levels or items in the game due to a bug or glitch, but using them in games against other players is not fair.

How on earth is anything that anyone is doing in this thread "against other players"? They're getting a diamond cup by getting the highest possible score that a challenge will let them get. This in no way hinders anyone else's ability to get that highest score and diamond trophy. It's *easier* for other people to get diamond cups when this "cheating" is happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

How on earth is anything that anyone is doing in this thread "against other players"? They're getting a diamond cup by getting the highest possible score that a challenge will let them get. This in no way hinders anyone else's ability to get that highest score and diamond trophy. It's *easier* for other people to get diamond cups when this "cheating" is happening.

Easy to find.

13 minutes ago, eternit_pl said:

So enlighten me on how does it works? I am eager to be ashamed and embarras the same time.

From time to time glitched challenges present themselves. They are equally glitched for everyone and no player has an inherent advantage over any other.

There are plenty of things to criticize around this trophy and the community that remains on this game, but this isn't one of them.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, eternit_pl said:

So enlighten me on how does it works? I am eager to be ashamed and embarras the same time.

The video shows a broken challenge. The highest score you can reach in that particular challenge is 516,05m. Any player that reaches that distance will get the diamond. He's not doing anything special, just playing the level until it automatically kills him. That's it.

• Like 1

@eternit_pl that video, and in fact, any of what we over here call 'glitched challenges', are challenges where the game itself has a set of sections happening in a way that the cpu cannot overcome it by itself

This can happen mostly in Murphy challenges because on the vita version (and WiiU) its the computer that plays with the character (and the only thing you do is touching the screen so the computer can progress) so you can't set a score 'yourself' (you can only 'make' the computer set a score by changing obstacles so he doesn't die)

Same stuff happens at all the 'distance' related challenges though, at any platform (glue-ing to walls, walkable area's become untriggered as walkable, instadeath by landing,...)

You can find most of these glitches on youtube (wallglitches at land, glitches at tower, pit,..., Most happen after 32,68km)

What we refer to as 'cheats' is when a single person manipulates the game in a way that is impossible to get which (probably) can be done by custom firmware installed on their vita (i actually have no clue how they do it) like, setting scores of 0'00"01 (you cant do any challenge in 1 millisecond... Seems logic if you think about it)

However some of these cheaters 'know' that that is impossible, so they start setting 'random' scores to not be 'seen' as cheaters by the majority of people

However, despite by 'manipulating real-like' scores most professional players can directly see through such scores (on vita someone did 17000km on a tower..., Whilst the highest score ever done on any console, is 34km,... Doing 500x better seems pretty cheated doesnt it, 5 seconds on a pit lums..., Even double that, is impossible to get,...)

I've never cheated on Rayman Legends, i've never cheated on any game even, I wouldn't know how to even do it, I don't even need to know, and even if i did somehow cheat it must've been completely out of my knowledge, i think cheating takes away all of the fun in playing the game because u dont really 'play' it, and 'fun' is the only thing why i play games, so if i wouldn't have fun, i wouldn't play

The 'glitches' we talk about is just that the game doesn't let you play more, in cases like the video u showed, it gives literally anybody a chance to get the 'Champion!' trophy which is extremely hard to get (i gotta admit, i've played this game over 2 years now and by 'skilling up' i might've taken diamonds cups from other people who really wanted it, probably even a lot)

I dont 'steal' these diamond cups for personal gain, i just play this game because i have fun playing it, its only natural i get better at it, in exchange for 'getting better and possibly getting people fed up with me' i try to show any possibility where other people can, without worry, gain what they want in a legit way

I guess that's a pretty fair exchange to be honest

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Omega-MkIII said:

I have a question.

Does this glitched challenges happen to be only Murphy's Challenges?

Yes, only challenges, where you can't control the running character, are glitched with no solution to pass through. So , only murphy's challenges on vita (maybe also on murphy's wiiU extrem challenges). On all other distance challenges, some solutions can be found when encounter some glitched-like paths 

• 6 months later...