Glitched Murphy Challenge at 4095m (2020-10-29 Weekly Extreme)

Arkiokin

@TheIrishBrit : Read/look the OP of this topic (first post) and the videos freely provided : the final of this type of challenge is always the same and always lead for a diamond cup for ALL players who simply take 6 minutes of playing it, until the glitched point (with a princess)

6 minutes ago, Reign_Of_Fire88 said:

Any advise for the columns at 2269 today? I can't seem to figure out a way past...grrr 

Like usual : nothing terrible : low down the first pillar as soon as possible (as soon as it appears at the right of the screen) and that's all (this path is the one where you have the less time to do that though, it's a "sigma" path). the real and only difficulty is at 3750m. It's an alpha path and...well, read the previous posts in this thread

Edited by Arkiokin

For those giving a try at today's glitched challenge, make sure you are using a princess type of character, otherwise your score will be slightly lower than the 4905.43m required to get a diamond cup.

About the columns/'four pillars in the wind" like at 2269m and other places too: maybe it's just me, but when using a princess I never managed to get very reliable timing, it's much less forgiving than with a Rayman: you really have to lower the 1st pillar very soon, and the 4th pillar very late. So the solution that works best for me with a princess is to always push up the 1st pillar, even if it's not an alpha configuration like the one at 3750m. It gives some extra speed/height to avoid death on the spikes of the 3rd pillar, and you don't need to wait the last moment to push down the 4th pillar. Sometimes (~10% in my experience) the character will get too much speed and die, which is ok for me as I play with a princess only on glitched challenges that have a low distance anyway.

• Like 1

Oh man, I wish I knew this sooner :(

EDIT:

anyway, I’m glad the glitch is still around. At least we know that it’s still possible. I just watched the tutorial videos for the Murphy challenge glitch. There are 3 parts that I haven’t mastered yet. So I’m going to work on mastering those.

I had no idea Arkiokin was the OP and the one who made the videos to help others out. Sorry for the things I said a couple of months ago. 

Edited by ShivaRpgN

On 9/19/2021 at 5:00 PM, Arkiokin said:

@TheIrishBrit : Read/look the OP of this topic (first post) and the videos freely provided : the final of this type of challenge is always the same and always lead for a diamond cup for ALL players who simply take 6 minutes of playing it, until the glitched point (with a princess)

Like usual : nothing terrible : low down the first pillar as soon as possible (as soon as it appears at the right of the screen) and that's all (this path is the one where you have the less time to do that though, it's a "sigma" path). the real and only difficulty is at 3750m. It's an alpha path and...well, read the previous posts in this thread

Do you have suggestions on rope cutting? In most of my runs past 1400m I run into a section were I'm supposed to cut a rope just behind me and Rayman is supposed to hit a bumper in a swing downward to the right. It seems like 50% of my runs end by cutting to soon or late. sigh....

26 minutes ago, Reign_Of_Fire88 said:

Do you have suggestions on rope cutting? In most of my runs past 1400m I run into a section were I'm supposed to cut a rope just behind me and Rayman is supposed to hit a bumper in a swing downward to the right. It seems like 50% of my runs end by cutting to soon or late. sigh....

This point (and many many others) has already been talked (or shown on videos) previously on this topic. On your specific point, look the window in the wall behind your character and cut the rope at the right of this "window" 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

This point (and many many others) has already been talked (or shown on videos) previously on this topic. On your specific point, look the window in the wall behind your character and cut the rope at the right of this "window" 

Thank YOU!!! At least I'm consistently getting past that now. Trying to get further every time and get toward 3-4m so I can be ready for the next glitch or by the luck of the irish get a diamond legit.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ConAir said:

Is today's Daily Challenge glitched? With 8 hours to go, there are 2 players at 5.444,79 meters. 

That distance is still no joke to reach anyway.

EDIT: No, false alarm. 

It's been said before that the distance will be 4095m, if it's glitched. IIRC, there is another much shorter distance that it can be if we're lucky, and also another much longer one if we're unlucky.

I can't remember what they are, though, so one of the others might be able to help out more there. But, point being, they're fixed.

Also [for everyone], I'm checking the forums daily for any glitched challenges and it's a bit weird to see updates to a thread that's dated nearly a year ago.

New replies could be anything, so what's the consensus on creating a new thread for a potentially glitched challenge vs updating old threads?

Having a date that is very clearly today in the thread's title would be pretty helpful to anyone who is taking a brief look at the forum for info.

5 hours ago, SH06UN5126 said:

Also [for everyone], I'm checking the forums daily for any glitched challenges and it's a bit weird to see updates to a thread that's dated nearly a year ago.

New replies could be anything, so what's the consensus on creating a new thread for a potentially glitched challenge vs updating old threads?

Having a date that is very clearly today in the thread's title would be pretty helpful to anyone who is taking a brief look at the forum for info.

Thank you.  I was thinking the same thing.

6 hours ago, SH06UN5126 said:

It's been said before that the distance will be 4095m, if it's glitched. IIRC, there is another much shorter distance that it can be if we're lucky, and also another much longer one if we're unlucky.

I can't remember what they are, though, so one of the others might be able to help out more there. But, point being, they're fixed.

Okay. I will try to think about that. Or the topicstarter might change the subject of this topic to not tie it to a date. This topic has a few followers. 

Last glitched challenge most people were too late. That's why I created a Discord channel so we can warn each other sooner. Also we help each other out on how to pass a certain point in a level.

1 hour ago, ConAir said:

Okay. I will try to think about that. Or the topicstarter might change the subject of this topic to not tie it to a date. This topic has a few followers. 

Last glitched challenge most people were too late. That's why I created a Discord channel so we can warn each other sooner. Also we help each other out on how to pass a certain point in a level.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound like an instruction for everyone to follow. More of a suggestion.

The existing followers and the changing of the title are good points, if we don't want a massive influx of new threads.

Also, I wasn't aware that there was a Discord server. Thanks for creating it. I'll be joining real soon.

• Like 1

Yes again : a challenge can ONLY be glitched at 4095m. Another level construction problem should be found before 700m time to time (last one 2 years ago), it's also a sort of glitch. Forget about any other sort of glitch (that can only be met over 33km)

I will create à New thread when (if) there will be another interesting glitched challenge. Nevertheless, if the 4095 challenge seem too hard for players, I just will mention here for info, since it's 99% sure no one will reach the glitched distance or will make the efforts and spend time to each it. 

Again (bis) if you are not able to reach a distance like 3000 or 4000m on a regular challenge, forget the idea to be ready when a glitched challenge will appear again : you will not have the correct skills, and not enough time to practice, even playing the whole Day : be ready before that and practice on each murfy's challenge !!! 

• Like 4