Trophy thoughts thread.

With the head/heart choices, it’s safest to back up your save every now and then. I’m just hoping the collectibles are less annoying because they were doable with the curators cut it just required a pretty specific path. Also hopefully all the relationships and traits are doable without multiplayer.

6 hours ago, PeachXHime said:

Looks like the exact same copy pasted list from Man of Medan.

This will be a hard pass for me, Man of Medan required many playthroughs, which got really tedious and obnoxious. It's terrible trophy list design imo.

Why the hell do they do this to us. They should just make a trophy list similar to Until Dawn, Man of Medan is just going through so much crap and easily to mess up with the head/heart choices, God whyyy...

Will probably buy this game if no coop is needed for collectibles. If you still need coop for them I’ll not bother. The collectibles was glitchy af in MoM. Guess someone will make a roadmap soon and we’ll know for sure. 

Also really hope there is an supernatural element in this game and not just som lame ass chemical which get people high. MoM was not even remotely scary. 

Edited by Quink666

22 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Will probably buy this game if no coop is needed for collectibles. If you still need coop for them I’ll not bother. The collectibles was glitchy af in MoM. Guess someone will make a roadmap soon and we’ll know for sure. 

Also really hope there is an supernatural element in this game and not just som lame ass chemical which get people high. MoM was not even remotely scary. 

Yet, it was based on real events. I didn't know that at the time when I first played but then saw a 15 minute blurb on the History channel. Look it up on YouTube. They designed the game to look exactly like areas of the ship, used the same SOS messaging, items & notes that were found and pictures of dead people and put it into the game. That's mad respect right there. It's one of the most unsolved mysteries of all time since the ship blew up as they were towing it back to the mainland and sunk. MoM was a little slow but yet still creepy. Playing through it 5-6 times made it more boring as we can all agree. 

• Like 4

I’m hoping that it won’t need quite as many playthroughs as Man of Medan. I’m thinking a lot of the trophies will pop on the save everyone playthrough. I like the fact there’s no save all girls/guys. The heart and head decisions are a bit annoying though. There also seems to be more collectible trophies in this ?

• Like 1

I hated getting the platinum in Man of Medan. Too many playthroughs to get everything especially some things I missed and no real way to speed up dialogue or cutscenes. 

Head/heart was the worst because I frequently had to pause and walk up to my tv to even tell which was which

• Like 3

Without those two trophies (heart/head choices) this game would be much better to plat. The worst thing in replaying The Man of Medan is the time-based chapters where you need to wait for something to happen for example boat section or the glamour girl (the one with piano where you wait for other character to fell out). Those chapters drag for ages if you play the game like fifth or sixth time. I had no problem with Detroit or Until Dawn but Medan is such a pain like is made especially to make people who cares about 100% mad.  

Im looking forward to the new one but pls for the God sake don't made me replay the game like 10 times. 

Edited by Demek97
  • Like 3

This game is a huge step up from Man of Medan. It has scene select, as well as an indicator of which scenes you picked either head or heart only. There are way less heartbeat qtes, and they are way more manageable. Theres also accessibility settings for regular qtes to make them always be X, have an indicator when they're coming up, and make mashing X into just holding it. After one playthrough it seems that your ending is based on how you make every choice in the game, since a death can be based on certain characteristics that a character has gained based on their actions throughout the game. It may require about 5-6 playthroughs to platinum, assuming your first run is blind. 

• Like 3

I just finished my first playthrough, and I am very positivly surprised of the story, as well as the trophies. I say little hope is a massive step up from man of medan. A few tropy-related things:

- the game now tracks your head and heart decisions. It shows them in the pause menu and the chapter select. Therefore it is way easier to get the corresponding trophies. I got all head decisissions on my first run, blind without problems.

- there are no scenes in which you have to wait for a long  time for something to happen, like in medan (thank god!)

- the whole story seems to get going a lot faster to me. No downtimes. It took me around 3,5 hours to finish.

I cant say yet if there are collectibles hidden behond the curator cut, but at least the plat does not seem to require online.

PS: -no spoiler- I really enjoyed the story and I didnt see the twist coming at the end. Way better story than man of medan, maybe as good as until dawn.

• Like 1

Concerning the death of certain characters:

There ist one major decision at the end of the game, which might result in the death of many characters. No spoiler, read it up here if interested: https://www.pcinvasion.com/dark-pictures-little-hope-guides-hub/

Also characters can die if you fail certain QTE as usual.

while I havent yet gotten the endings for everbody surviving or dying, it seems to be easier than in man of medan.

I just finished a first run from start to finish with a friend and I can say prefer it to Man of Medan in terms of story and setting. It's pretty much an identical experience mechanically in my opinion - but the biggest improvement was the heartbeat rhythm QTE - it feels way way more doable here than in Man of Medan which at points was infuriating. 

The seemingly obligatory post credits teaser for the next game looks like it'll be my favourite in the trilogy based on the setting.

1 hour ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Concerning the death of certain characters:

There ist one major decision at the end of the game, which might result in the death of many characters. No spoiler, read it up here if interested: https://www.pcinvasion.com/dark-pictures-little-hope-guides-hub/

Also characters can die if you fail certain QTE as usual.

while I havent yet gotten the endings for everbody surviving or dying, it seems to be easier than in man of medan.

There's technically 3 final ending decisions, one of which kills everyone no matter what. The other 2 just make it easier for the other characters to survive but can still die from other decisions. It's kinda like how Julia dies from coming up too fast from the dive in MoM.

• Like 1

I loved Until Dawn and I really enjoyed Man of Medan as well, but I only played it once. The co-op trophies really threw me off so I just enjoyed a blind playthrough.

Little Hope, I loved it! I think the story-telling is really well done. Seeing as this trophy list is kind of similar to Man of Medan, and I avoided that trophy list like the plague, I have no real idea what I'm doing here. But I imagine it will take several playthroughs. The blind playthrough was very fun though.

I guess nothing left to do but go through a couple playthroughs only choosing the head and heart decisions, and wait for some collectible guides.

All in all, fun experience. And the trophies don't look TOO crazy.

Finished my first playthrough yesterday and am now half way through my second one.

Like a few people above me already stated "Little Hope" does a lot of stuff better than "Man of Medan".

Things I noticed and that will make the trophies a lot easier:

- Chapter select. I failed a QTE almost at the end of the game and one of my guys got killed, so I went back to the main menu, chapter select and was able to safe him and all it cost me was like 5 minutes of my time.

- Heart/Head Decisions. The Icons are very clearly visible, no problem so far for me, had to struggle a lot with MOM and had to use a video guide because I just couldn't make it

- Pictures (black and white) can be found in one playthrough, no curators cut needed.

- QTEs are way easier than before, especially these dumb Heartbeat QTEs. Didn't fail a single one, while I failed them more than once in MOM

- Whole handling is a lot better, faces look a lot better, it's overall just a lot better than MOM.

- Enjoyed the story, would actually say that I like the story a whole lot more than Until Dawns story. It's short, yes, but it's still a good story and a really great ending.

Got 14 out of 31 trophies in one run, got another one after finishing the last chapter with a different decision. So I already got half of its trophies after 5 hours of playing (did a few breaks in between so its probably even less game time).

Think most of you will be able to platinum it, doesn't look like it will be even as half as bad as MOM even though the lists look pretty similar.

Wishing everybody much fun while playing this game!!

• Like 3

I've finished my second playtrough and realised something, which might be interestíng:

• You cannot combine the trophies for all heart-decisions and killing of all characters in a single playtrough. I've read it up and the reason seems to be a single interaction between Andrew and the stranger/ Vince at the church. Very small spoiler:
Spoiler

Do not draw your gun on Vince at the church! No matter how bad you do, you won't be able to kill everybody.

• On the other hand, this ending leads to the "Fate worse than death" trophy.

PS: I really don't think, that you are able to get all collectibles without the curators cut. I was really carefull in my two playtroughs and I am still missing a lot of secrets. I think they are hidden behind the alternate routes of the curator cut.

• Like 2

I tried to write a small roadmap of the most important decisions of the game, leading to the different endings.
UPDATE: I updated and rewritten my roadmap, it should work now. I am missing one ending yet.
If I missed something, just write me an answer. I hope this might help some people.

Spoiler
  • I do not think that characters can die by choosing bad choices troughout the game, only during failed qte or during the finale.
  • Make sure to win every qte battle in the game. You want everybody surviving until the finale.
  • Andrew picks up the gun at the abandoned shack (chapter Off Track). You have to win a qte sequence first.
  • The gun has 5 bullets. The amount of bullets left at the games end (or if you didn't pick it up) decides the ending. Count the bullets!
  • If Andrew has the choice beetween saving John and Angela at the brocken bridge, choose Angela.
  • At the church, do not shoot your gun and be nice to Vince. Ask for his help. You will return to this chapter later on.
  • Once Taylors and Daniel fight their demons shoot each one (2 bullets used).
  • Andrew does not use his gun in the chapter Low Point, if he sees a demon in the mist! If you played Man of Medan, you know how this would end...
  • In the factory while Daniel fights his demon, you can shoot him once or twice. The gun still has bullets left.
  • At the finale of the game in the derelict house, there are more flashbacks to the witchhunt. Make sure that Mary is found guilty and burned at the stake.
  • That leads to the trophys for everybody dying. This is the worst ending.

• Now reload the final chapter. Make sure Mary is found innocent by putting the blame on the reverend. This should lead to the everybody survives and save Mary trophies. This is the best ending.

• Reload the church chapter (Surrounded). Shoot your gun and/or and act like an asshole to Vince. Finish the game and make sure again, that Mary is found guilty. Everybody dies but Andrew is arrested. This should lead to the A fate worse than death ending.

I am missing one ending right now, which should trigger if everybody except Andrews dies in the house at the end. For that to work, it is necessary for Andrews beeing nice to Vince at the church and his gun needs to be empty (alternativly he can't even pick up the gun). Problem is: I can't find a way to shoot the last bullet. Not sure if shooting the gun at Vince is possible without antagonizing him. It is possible I need to do another playtrough withou picking up the gun.

Edited by Ranari_Kai

4 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Can you confirm that you don't need Co-Op for the collectibles?

Don't know about all Collectibels, still missing 15. But all Pictures (6 white framed, 6 black framed and one extra picture) can be found in one single playthrough. 

For Co-Op, as far as I know you just need to play the single and the couch-coop version (that you can play alone just as the single one, the game just makes cuts so you can give the controller to "another" person).

Read somewhere that you can play curators cut after finishing the game once. I'll look into it and let you all know if you have to play curators cut to find all collectibles (but that wouldn't be that bad, considering you could get it in a playthrough with only head/heart desicions as well).

But you definitely don't need online co-op.

Doesn't even look like we will need curators cut, but I'm not 100% sure. Did all collectibles in MOM with curators cut as well, so we are safe there.

Edited by milk-aholic