How to Access the Old PS Store (PS3, PS4, Vita & PSP)

Maxie_M0us3

52 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Half the time the store just freezes. I was hoping those links @MaxieM0us3 posted would last a bit longer. Someone at Sony obviously saw those links were still working and decided to axe them.

It's all big business. They couldn't care less if people were wanting to buy old ass games on legacy systems.

doesn't really matter in the long run, this is why you go physical

• Like 1

Why they don't fix stores of ps3 and psvita?? if Sony want removed ps3 and Psvita on web store i don't have problem with that, But my problem is they don't give you option? they don't fix store Ps3 on Ps3 also Psvita store ? so how can i buy new games? or how can i buy Dlcs games. I went to store Psvita then shocked it's so old guys never saw any new games or dlcs? absolutely dead store. Guys we must make tweet and we mention them on twitter and make a lot of likes and retweet about that tweet will we Forcing @Playstation them to bring back the ps3 and Psvita games. Sony take care about money if they saw players angry about that they will bring it again.

Edited by Tiricy
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Physical was, is and always will be the ultimate option. You own the game. As I said endless times, if physical is gone forever, this is the moment I give up modern gaming.

Amen to that! I've been saying for years, I will quit the modern era of gaming and go back to my older consoles if physical copies of new games dry up.

22 hours ago, Tiricy said:

Why they don't fix stores of ps3 and psvita?? if Sony want removed ps3 and Psvita on web store i don't have problem with that, But my problem is they don't give you option? they don't fix store Ps3 on Ps3 also Psvita store ? so how can i buy new games? or how can i buy Dlcs games. I went to store Psvita then shocked it's so old guys never saw any new games or dlcs? absolutely dead store. Guys we must make tweet and we mention them on twitter and make a lot of likes and retweet about that tweet will we Forcing @Playstation them to bring back the ps3 and Psvita games. Sony take care about money if they saw players angry about that they will bring it again.

If you want to create such tweet, share it here and we spread it.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:29 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

If you want to create such tweet, share it here and we spread it.

Yeah, but my problem with my English language is so bad with spelling. You can make some tweet to @Playstation we can supported you. We will try to spread it.

What about games that aren't showing through the PS3 store and don't display through search? There were a few I was aware of that I was steadily buying on the web store, but now it's gone I'm not sure what I can do about it. Is there any route to purchasing them still? For example, I want to buy Dynasty Warriors 5 as a PS2 Classic, but I can't see it on the PS3. I know it's there, I just don't know if it's accessible still.

This is ridiculous on Sony's part.

2 hours ago, Springey said:

What about games that aren't showing through the PS3 store and don't display through search? There were a few I was aware of that I was steadily buying on the web store, but now it's gone I'm not sure what I can do about it. Is there any route to purchasing them still? For example, I want to buy Dynasty Warriors 5 as a PS2 Classic, but I can't see it on the PS3. I know it's there, I just don't know if it's accessible still.

This is ridiculous on Sony's part.

At this point, there's nothing we can do about it. Sony doesn't care, they pretend these games never existed. Mass-tweeting them is futile.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

At this point, there's nothing we can do about it. Sony doesn't care, they pretend these games never existed. Mass-tweeting them is futile.

This^

This situation sucks serious ass but by changing the store the way they did, Sony have made it abundantly clear that their older consoles means less than jack shit to them so won't be doing anything to help the people who still play them. All we can do is chalk the affected games up as a dead loss and move on to the ones we can actually finish.

I don't care about the older consoles themselves... I just want to play the games that aren't readily available on PS4 and PS5.

Also, not everything is offered on PS Now, sure there's older games that people readily enjoy but there are still titles that are either disc only, or digital. If someone wants to play Super Stardust HD or Magic Orbz, then they're going to have a bitch of a time just getting to the screen on the console that will allow them to buy those games.

And I know why Sony doesn't care. Because these consoles are past gen and the games offered aren't going to be played by more than a very select few people. If you look at their store it's always the giant AAA games just hot off the shelf that they're advertising. There are plenty of new PS4 games coming out and while the AAA gaming industry has moved on to the PS5 and Xbox Series X, indie developers will still make games for the PS4. But it's very obvious you're going to have to do a bit of digging because from what I see on the front page, it is basically all AAA stuff. Such garbage as the new Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War game, and the usual NBA 2K game which I have absolutely no interest in playing.

The stark difference between Steam, Microsoft and Sony is Steam and Microsoft both offer old stuff at reasonable prices. Steam is single handedly the best online gaming store. The layout is straight forward and to the point, nothing looks bloated and I can switch on the fly, I can purchase expansions and DLC for various games with just a few easy mouse clicks. With Sony, trying to find DLC for games is so cumbersome and tedious I decided to give up using their store.

I want the games, and I want to access them. If I want to play Splatterhouse, despite the fact it's 10 years old, it's disc only, and has seemingly been forgotten, then by golly I will play that fucking game, on a console that's over a decade old.

Games are the ONLY reason I still have the older consoles. Everything else that they had that was once popular is dead and irrelevant. One of my long term goals is to finish every single Sonic the Hedgehog game that has trophies, and if Sony decides to make it even more difficult to get such titles as Sonic Adventure, I will be fucking pissed off.

This is far worse than a few games getting delisted.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

This situation sucks serious ass but by changing the store the way they did, Sony have made it abundantly clear that their older consoles means less than jack shit to them so won't be doing anything to help the people who still play them. All we can do is chalk the affected games up as a dead loss and move on to the ones we can actually finish.

Try to make tweet to @Playstation on twitter. We will supported you and we try to spread it here and all players wants games PS3 & PSVITA.

I'm going to make everyone happy right now... ;)

If you are like me and have a wish list with 100 games and you weren't able to copy it somewhere because the old store closed here is a new trick.

Beware:do it asap because you never know if the next days will be possible to do it.

So let's begin...

a)be sure that you are logged in to the psstore (new-old doesn't matter)

b)copy this link and enter the site (the link is for the gr store so you'll have to change it to your region)

https://store.playstation.com/en-gr/wishlist?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

c)wait a couple of seconds for the site to load (5-10 seconds)

d)you'll notice after a few seconds that the site has been refreshed and that the wish list icon is there but your account doesn't seems that has been loaded(do not worry)

e)click on the heart icon and your wish list will be there with all your games.

f)Try printing it on paper or on a PDF in order to know which games to check on the next sale.

Have a nice day.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

If you are like me and have a wish list with 100 games and you weren't able to copy it somewhere because the old store closed here is a new trick.

Beware:do it asap because you never know if the next days will be possible to do it.

So let's begin...

b)copy this link and enter the site (the link is for the gr store so you'll have to change it to your region)

https://store.playstation.com/en-gr/wishlist?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

d)you'll notice after a few seconds that the site has been refreshed and that the wish list icon is there but your account doesn't seems that has been loaded(do not worry)

f)Try printing it on paper or on a PDF in order to know which games to check on the next sale.

Have a nice day.

Can you explain it on video clip? it's better way to explain : )

23 hours ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

So let's begin...

Have a nice day.

This trick will no longer work if you weren't already logged in the old Store before it was closed.

23 hours ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

So let's begin...

Have a nice day.

Thank you for pointing this out. With this I can see my wishlist, game pages for watched items and recommendations, view my cart, add/remove products to it and complete purchases (pretty sure the downloads list can be viewed from the purchase complete screen but I forgot to check after making a small transaction, sorry).

BTW don't forget you can take advantage of your friends' wishlists too and check for any games/add-ons/themes/avatars etc. on theirs you want to add to yours.

20 minutes ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

I just did it with a friend's account and it worked like a charm.

And this account hasn't logged in for months.

I hope really Sony bring ps3 and psvita to store again. There is a lot of dlcs and games now is removed.