How to Access the Old PS Store (PS3, PS4, Vita & PSP)

Maxie_M0us3

4 hours ago, Stratege said:

Looks like they close old web version due to yesterday's bug that allow to buy Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 - Deluxe for 10$ via PS5 upgrade program.

Lmao no friggin' way. Not after all the old glitches that allowed people to get free games through cross-buy on old consoles.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

This bug was only in old web store? If it's just something going wrong while upgrading to ps5 version (which is possible only from ps5 store) I don't see how it's related

Bug was only avaliable in old web store. On PS4/PS5 and new store there wasn't ability to buy upgrade on demo. So I think that why Sony close it. All happend in one day so I don't think it was some kind for coincidence. 

The whole Tony Hawk thing doesn't make any sense. You're supposed to delist/fix the faulty item, not shut down something you were going to shut down anyway.

Also literally nobody knew that trick until it was posted here...

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RetroQuester said:

Well this sucks. I wish they gave a fair warning first. 

They actually did in October. The community found a work-around to have access to it.

Those who wanted to buy games from the webstore had plenty of time to do it.

Edited by LordWikii

26 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

They actually did in October. The community found a work-around to have access to it.

Those who wanted to buy games from the webstore had plenty of time to do it.

The workaround was found long before the warning though. It didn't work for months after the announcement...

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

The whole Tony Hawk thing doesn't make any sense. You're supposed to delist/fix the faulty item, not shut down something you were going to shut down anyway.

Also literally nobody knew that trick until it was posted here...

Sure it is possible that Tony Hawk have nothing to do with it, but the timing is very strange. Just at time when that bug hit store, they decided to kill it. Quite possibly, that bug was that last straw which breaks the camel's back.

As for "nobody knew" sure, here maybe no one, but it was on on all discount sites and blogs, especially in Arab, Asian and Eastern European.

• Like 1

On 25.03.2021 at 4:58 AM, Valyrious said:

Seems to finally be dead. Bummer. Wanted to grab some last minute Steins;Gate avatars before they're gone forever. Farewell Kurisu avatars that I procrastinated buying and now won't get the chance.

Edit: Managed to get it to work. Added three desired avatars to my cart. Went to checkout and pay $1.50 EACH and then got more access denied pages. This crappy site doesn't even want to overcharge me for these damn avatars... lmao.

Edit2: Brute forced it to work. If you do manage to get the site to load, move fast or it will start giving you access denied pages, for whatever reason.

Now laugh and shame me for this purchase.

unknown.png

Impossible to buy some avatars from PS3 console?

AND... It's gone. You had a good run, old school PS Store. It was easier to navigate compared to whatever we have now. Seriously, the DLCs aren't listed on the game page? I gotta search for it manually? What sort of design is this? What drugs were they on, because I want some of that now.

Anyhow, I was informed the Raidou Kuzunoha games were on there, so I was going to try and buy up about 100$ worth of PS1/2 Classics just in case, but I'll have to do it on the console itself. And a few avatars from Steins;Gate and other games...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Impossible to buy some avatars from PS3 console?

I ran into this as well but another user informed me that you can still buy Avatars from the PS3 Store on console itself but that the Buy or Purchase or Add To Cart button is just invisible.  As if Sony could not make this situation worse.  I've been downloading DLC and Avatars all weekend.  I have also been using this nice program called PSX Downloader Helper to get the raw URLs to backup up extra copies of my PKG files to an external hard drive.  I don't know if the files will actually be usable once Sony shuts off Store for good but I'm doing it anyways.

Edited by Kurt_Dog