What a surprise of a game!

AtotheMtotheZ

I feel the same. I think combat would be awesome if I wasn't going for pacifist run and had xp for buying more skills. I messed around with most of them while cleaning weapons trophies and they seemed fun. 

Too bad Vampyr has some serious technical issues. You say you didn't encounter those too many times but in my case, especially in the late game, some freeze or crash occured evry 10-15 minutes and I'm not exaggerating. 

• Like 4

I enjoyed my platinum pacifist run and frankly it gives the best ending. Overall it was a good game but definitely a little rough around the edges. It has load times matching Horizon Zero Dawn and is probably only equal to HZD's opening area in terms of map size if I am being generous. While it definitely has some cool abilities when going full fledged creature of the night, the story tradeoff is definitely not worth it.

• Like 2

The game's very rough around the edges. Crashed multiple times. Leveling isn't very good. Balance isn't very good. Loading times are atrocious. Combat could've been better, RPG elements could've been better.

Yet, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The world-building, lore, design and story are outstanding. The characters and social interactions are intriguing. The voice acting is excellent. And well, you do feel like a cool vampire/doctor from the early XX century.

So indeed. it was pleasant surprise. 

• Like 1

I liked the game because it was different. Most of the systems in the game had been done before but putting them all together made for a very unique and enjoyable experience.

The technical issues definitely soured the experience near the end. Combat is a little hard when doing pacifist which makes me think the developer wanted you to embrace people, yet they put in a trophy for going pacifist?

Overall really loved the story, lore and voice acting. Would definitely be down for a sequel.

Finished the platinum in 3 days, Gosh it was terrible. I have seen early PS3 games better than that. There is no fast travel so whenever i ran from one district to another, if there were more than 3 enemies, the game froze and i had to restart. I tried on another PS4 Pro, it was the same. The game could freeze like 15 times in 30 mn. And the 2 minutes loading whenever you die (and you die a lot in the Pacifist run) or the loading screen when you are just running outside. The map is tiny asf but you get loading screens as if it was Just Cause or GTA5 .... I swear I spent more time in the loading screens than actually playing.

Besides, even the collectibles are a pain and you got to be extra careful when resting cause if someone dies during the night this NPC might be carrying a weapon or a collectible that you can't retrieve after, voiding the trophies..... Poor game, poor story, poor mechanism, imo it's just a shame that something like that can be released post-2018. I'm glad I didn't pay for it but if the game had taken more than a couple of days to complete, I don't think I could have endured till the platinum.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 3:32 PM, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Finished the platinum in 3 days, Gosh it was terrible. I have seen early PS3 games better than that. There is no fast travel so whenever i ran from one district to another, if there were more than 3 enemies, the game froze and i had to restart. I tried on another PS4 Pro, it was the same. The game could freeze like 15 times in 30 mn. And the 2 minutes loading whenever you die (and you die a lot in the Pacifist run) or the loading screen when you are just running outside. The map is tiny asf but you get loading screens as if it was Just Cause or GTA5 .... I swear I spent more time in the loading screens than actually playing.

Besides, even the collectibles are a pain and you got to be extra careful when resting cause if someone dies during the night this NPC might be carrying a weapon or a collectible that you can't retrieve after, voiding the trophies..... Poor game, poor story, poor mechanism, imo it's just a shame that something like that can be released post-2018. I'm glad I didn't pay for it but if the game had taken more than a couple of days to complete, I don't think I could have endured till the platinum.

Same, I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't enjoy the game at all, I am playing it now and I can't wait to cancel it from my Ps4 for ever.

When I got it with PS+, I thought I would have been playing an amazing game, since it was made by the people who made Life is Strange (A game I loved), and instead... I got this. God, I wanted to make it my 50th Platinum just because of the people who created it, now I even regret having spent my time on this, I went from playing it daily as my main Ps4 game to playing it like 30 minutes for week, it bores me so much, I guess I will get the Platinum in 2021, IF I ever get it, I don't have that much free time to play videogames anymore, and I prefer playing games I like instead of forcing myself to play this shitty game just for the Platinum. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, one of my biggest disappointments in gaming.

I thank PS Plus as I was curious to try this, yet had been busy playing other games. I did go for the Platinum trophy and I enjoyed the game (except when collecting all weapons).

I found the story engaging (especially after you get to the hospital), and even though I did the anti-Embrace run, I found having high health, high stamina, and investing in the weapons I could get helped get me by. Seldom used healing items. The blood healing ability with blood drain is a good combo.

I found it heart wrenching going for all weapons, as how you get like half of them is upsetting. I got more invested with it as a whole. 

I loved the lore, the characters and their small stories. Honeslty, I did not suspect the game to be that good, because I have watched several reviews and they were.. let's say mixed at least ;) Hate the crashes and those FUKKEN LOADING TIMES doe... 

Edited by Urdnot_Wrexx
adding some more text
  • Like 1